Heartbreak Hotel appreciation

HIStory

Proud Member
I really love this song, it's an early showcase of Michael's genius as a songwriter. Such a fantastic song, yet many people don't even know it, because radios, the media usually focus on Michael's solo albums. But this is a composition of a genius IMO.

I don't care if this appears on a Jacksons album. To me this is a pure Michael Jackson song and i wanna thank you for calling the song Heartbreak Hotel and not This Place Hotel. It's called Heartbreak Hotel damn it!

I LOVE Heartbreak Hotel. One of the most under rated and under appreciated songs ever. Thanks for the mention.

Easily one of my top ten favorite songs of all time, and certainly one of Michael's best compositions. One of those songs I will never get tired of. It made a hell of a live song, too.

i also love heartbreak hotel ,it easily one of my top 20 fave song...

I don't care if this appears on a Jacksons album. To me this is a pure Michael Jackson song and i wanna thank you for calling the song Heartbreak Hotel and not This Place Hotel. It's called Heartbreak Hotel damn it!

Of course, it's Heartbreak Hotel. I don't like it to be called This Place Hotel. Why should it not be called HH? Just because Elvis had a song with the same title? It's not like Michael is copying his song, it's a completely different song, only the title is the same. That happens in pop music. Whitney Houston also had a song with this title and that was yet another different song.

Yes yes yes love it. :D Especially with headphones. Yeah, it annoys me that they renamed it to This Place Hotel. There are plenty of songs with the same titles, but they don't change them. It will always be Heartbreak Hotel to me.

I agree with you on that - genius! It's also one of my favs. It's my hidden gem - among all the well-known MJ songs, this pops up from time to time (it's better, when I don't listen to certain songs excessively. it makes me appreciate them more) and I'm always going "Oh, YEAH!", when I hear it.

Heartbreak Hotel is one of my fav MJ songs. As someone said above, its foreshadowing what Michael would produce and compose on later albums.

The live version is awesome! Esp The Bad Tour Version

By far one of the baddest songs recorded. I love this song and it never gets old.
When MJ performs it live its like....intense. You feel it....

What's great tho is that it does get a nice amount of airplay here.

I once read that in the Jay Leno show (I think it was the Jay Leno show) it often got played by the musicians.

This is my favorite version. Mainly because of Mike's funky beatboxing

I really love this one. Yoko ,87.
The whole segment is off the chain but pay special attention to 4:10 thru 4:30.
Thats the reason I dubbed this performance "intense!"

Am I the only one who constantly does the dance during the chorus (even to other songs)? :D

The one where arm goes up in air then to the side.
It's actually a very tiring move to do.
But it's awesome to see, but what sells it is having 2 backup dancers to it too.

Also, out of all the available videos of that song fromt the tour, the Yokohama one will always be the best.
He was working the hell out of that song! I love Yokohama because you can see just how sweaty he is.

Still bums be out that Bad 25 didn't include the whole show as well as Wembley.
I know us fans have had it for years, but the average joe might not even know it exists.

The song reminds me of Hotel California, not the music but the lyrics.
Maybe I should write the feelings i get from the lyrics.

Right now it's my favorite song.

Three songs I know of with the same title. Yet, three different songs.

Call me biased, but I think Michael's HH is by far the best! LOL. The composition of a genius. Too bad so few people know it.

Right now it's my favorite song.

The songs I know of with the same title. Yet, four different songs.

Call me biased, but I think Michael's HH is by far the best! LOL. The composition of a genius. Too bad so few people know it.

It's a great track and definitely underrated, as many of the Jacksons songs/albums are imo.

I like it live too and Michael's dancing during the Bad Tour is very cool on it. Musically though, this is one of those songs that I sometimes think suffers a bit from being played at such a high tempo - it loses some of its funkiness. My favourite live version musically is therefore the performance on the Jacksons Live album.

This is my favorite version. Mainly because of Mike's funky beatboxing
:) I have always loved that version too for the same reason. Overall, I would say the Rome '88 performance is my favourite though.

I love this song. I first heard it watching his Bad tour on YouTube.

Is it a coincidence that my three favorite MJ tracks are Heartbreak Hotel, Billie Jean and Who Is It? Probably not, they are kind of related, IMO.

Back