Immortal, Genuine reviews.

Gottobethere

Proud Member
I know there are many threads on Immortal world tour already were fans are reviewing the show but I think we need one were fans can be open about what they liked and didn't like about the show.

For starters I must say I am a huge Michael fan like all of us here and I really loved the show. I was afraid I wouldn't like it because I didn't like Thriller live at all. I was praying this would not be the same and I was pleasantly surprised. I really felt they studied Michael's work and life and this came across throughout the show. I kept thinking how much Michael would have loved to have seen this. I have to admit as we all should that my opinion of the show is completely biased as I would have loved it if the just played any Michael Jackson concert start to finish on the big screen or even just his music videos and my favourite part of the show was I'll be there, just Michael performing that's all I need.

After the show I read some reviews and was surprised how many bad ones there were but I also found myself agreeing with some of the criticism so I thought we should discuss what we didn't like about the show what could be changed to attract non Michael fans because this will be needed for the show to continue for the next few years and hopefully do another European tour.

1. The mime doesn't work well in an Arena the size of the O2 and the same can be said for some of the dancing. It is fine if you have good seats but for those at the back it just looks like he is standing still. Also the squeaky noises the mime was making were a little annoying and weren't needed.

2. There could/should have been more acrobatics.

I know there are many threads on Immortal world tour already were fans are reviewing the show but I think we need one were fans can be open about what they liked and didn't like about the show.

For starters I must say I am a huge Michael fan like all of us here and I really loved the show. I was afraid I wouldn't like it because I didn't like Thriller live at all. I was praying this would not be the same and I was pleasantly surprised. I really felt they studied Michael's work and life and this came across throughout the show. I kept thinking how much Michael would have loved to have seen this. I have to admit as we all should that my opinion of the show is completely biased as I would have loved it if the just played any Michael Jackson concert start to finish on the big screen or even just his music videos and my favourite part of the show was I'll be there, just Michael performing that's all I need.

After the show I read some reviews and was surprised how many bad ones there were but I also found myself agreeing with some of the criticism so I thought we should discuss what we didn't like about the show what could be changed to attract non Michael fans because this will be needed for the show to continue for the next few years and hopefully do another European tour.

1. The mime doesn't work well in an Arena the size of the O2 and the same can be said for some of the dancing. It is fine if you have good seats but for those at the back it just looks like he is standing still. Also the squeaky noises the mime was making were a little annoying and weren't needed.

2. There could/should have been more acrobatics.

:pth: He was incredible @ the 02. I didn't specifically have outstanding seats but I could fully see what he was doing and it looked incredible. Without the mime the show would've been pretty crap, imo. He took us through the show, and often made me chuckle.

Yes I liked the mime and I liked his occasional squeaky voice as it brought a little subtle 'clown' to the cirque. I thought the sound was great, I had 'middle of the road' seats down the side, towards the back, which was a fantastic view and my 7 year old had no problem seeing everything. I guess the problem with this show is that perhaps the audience who were up high would miss some things on the stage as the video screens mostly showed Michael, although I think the mime etc was shown on the screens.

Personally I think if you weren't a fan of Michael's and went to see Immortal because you were a fan of The cirque then you would be disappointed. I think it was a very personal (to his fans) tribute and some aspects may go over non fans heads.

Friday night I was sat in front of a childrens tv presenter & self confessed MJ nut. His opinion of the first 20 minutes was pretty damning in terms of the wow factor that some expect from cirque but otherwise he liked it.

Friday night I was sat in front of a childrens tv presenter & self confessed MJ nut. His opinion of the first 20 minutes was pretty damning in terms of the wow factor that some expect from cirque but otherwise he liked it.

Who was that?

i went to see the show last night and i really enjoyed it. The only thing i didnt like was the giant glove moving around the stage i personally found it a bit creepy but that is just my opinion.

I was seated on the 4th floor which is the upper tier and I did not know what was happening at the start. I knew there was a mime with a squeaky (ANNOYING) voice over and some dancers dressed like Michael from different eras but I couldn't really make out what was happening and I know the people seated around me where in the situation as we couldn't see any of the screen because the lighting rig was in the way. I had noticed some empty seats on the ground flooor and we moved there( as did others) for the second half which I absolutely loved.

Back