MJ's Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG and Estate [update Case Dismissed]

qbee

Proud Member

Update - Lawsuit is dismissed.
MAW ordered to pay costs to MJ Estate and AEG

1113-michael-jackson-assistant-aeg-getty-3.jpg

Michael Jackson's personal assistant has filed a class action lawsuit against AEG, claiming he and the rest of the employees connected with the "This Is It" tour lost lots of money because the company negligently hired and supervised Dr. Conrad Murray.

Michael Amir Williams claims in his lawsuit, obtained by TMZ ... AEG agreed to pay MJ's staff up to $7.5 million for their services connected with the tour ... a tour that didn't take place because Dr. Conrad Murray pumped the singer with a fatal dose of Propofol.

Williams alleges AEG screwed up by failing to act responsibly by hiring Murray and then failing to properly manage or supervise him.

Williams is asking for unspecified damages.

TMZ http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/13/this-is-it-michael-jackson-aeg-lawsuit-dr-conrad-murray/#ixzz2C8eWEGmg

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG

I don't understand why Mr. Amir has filed this lawsuit. Seems very weird to me.

I wonder if it was "suggested" by Randy Jackson.

Does he even have a leg to stand on. This lawsuit looks like it should only be filed by a beneficiary of Michael's estate, not a MJ staff member who didn't earn the money he "thought" he would earn.

I don't like it! And I don't like the fact that Mr. Amir is asking for money. That in my opinion, is just straight up tacky.

Here we go kids........

On another note, why did Mr. Amir put a stop to what Murray was doing. Wasn't he in the household on a daily basis? Didn't he wonder why Murray was spending nights in Michael's room dang near every night.

Is the Jackson family encouraging this? Gang up on AEG from every direction hoping they don't want to fight a bunch of lawsuits so instead they just settle to make it stop?!

You know I agree with Amir Williams.
AEG SHOULD GO TO HELL!!!!

You know I agree with Amir Williams.
AEG SHOULD GO TO HELL!!!!

you do realize that this is a breach of contract lawsuit and he's only asking for lost wages right? and the worst that could happen is that AEG pay some money to Michael Amir and who might have join his lawsuit?

Hmmm...

Williams might have to abandon his claims about AEG hiring Murray and just stick to his claims about the money, in my opinion.

Last edited:

I'm actually quite interested by the double standard.

If you read the document you see that Michael Amir defines himself and the rest of TII staff as being bargained to be added by Michael to help him give to first class performance. In other words he's saying he was and the rest of the people were hired by Michael's request to help Michael.

However when they start talking about Murray, he suddenly becomes a person that's hired by AEG. Isn't it like a double standard?

I'm confused. Why would AEG have to pay for Michael's security? I thought the payments AEG were making were advances and not contracts?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA another one. At least we have something to laugh about. He waits 3 years and then realizes that AEG hired Muarry, did not supervise him, and prevented them from earning millions. Wasn't he in court? I also feel that someone suggested this to him, because it sounds too much like the Katherine case. Now AEG has taken over the role that Michael had--an entity to be sued because of its wealth!!!

Question: did he have a contract with Michael or with AEG? Did Michael tell AEG who his staff was and then AEG included them with the performing group? I know Michael picked a doctor which was to be paid by AEG if all signed the contract. Maybe it was the same for the security. I wonder who else could sue AEG from this TII tour?

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

I thought there was never any contract signed?

the contract between Michael and AEG was signed

I'm confused. Why would AEG have to pay for Michael's security? I thought the payments AEG were making were advances and not contracts?

I believe AEG was paying or will pay everyone's salary and later get that from Michael's share from income. Not only Murray but for example Karen Faye etc. were also being paid by AEG in the name of Michael.

I'm confused.... :wacko:

about what? can we help?

Re: Michael Jackson Personal Assistant Michael Amir Williams Sues AEG / Complaint file added

Interesting. I would like to see where this goes. Michael Amir Williams seems like a nice, decent man and is loyal to Michael. Curious to see how this end.

This is interesting but I wish Michael Amir had gone after Murray for lost wages. Someone needs to hold that rat accountable and punish him financally.

Michael Jackson Concert Promoter Sued for Hiring Conrad Murray
By MATT REYNOLDS

LOS ANGELES (CN) - Hiring Michael Jackson's personal doctor for what was to be the pop icon's comeback tour "brought about the demise" of the singer and the show, a class claims in court.

Jackson's personal assistant Michael Amir Williams filed a class action against AEG Live LLC in Superior Court, claiming that the class of concert workers would have earned $7.5 million if for the series of 50 concerts at the O2 Arena in London making up the "This Is It" tour.

AEG hired Jackson's physician, cardiologist Dr. Conrad Murray, after Jackson "had problems keeping up with the pace of tour's rigorous schedule and physical demands," the class says.

The promoter told the Associated Press that Murray negotiated a salary of $150,000 to travel with Jackson to London.

For the final two months of Jackson's life, Murray prescribed surgical anesthetic propofol to help the singer sleep. Jackson died in his Holmby Hills residence on June 25, 2009, roughly three weeks before he was scheduled to appear at the first London concert.

The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that the singer had died of acute propofol intoxication, and roughly a year ago a California jury found Murray guilty of voluntary manslaughter.

According to the new class action, AEG "ignored" Murray's "qualifications, experience, and medical specialty" focusing instead "on cost and the benefits" the doctor could bring to the concert promoter, including "insurance coverage for tour and managing Michael Jackson so that he could meet all deadlines and timetables AEG set in place."

Those "acts and omissions brought about the demise of Michael Jackson," the class says.

In addition to breach of contract, the class alleges breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.

It is represented by Fletcher Bernard Brown of Mountain House, Calif.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/11/13/52221.htm

But AEG didn't hire Murray, so isn't he not their responsibility? :unsure:

MAW's lawyer has just been admitted to CA State Bar at 2011 . It seems like he might be a new lawyer

I wonder the timing of this suit. If I remember correctly, all staff for TII was required to sign NDA (could have been different name) which covered 3 years after show ended. Is that 3 years up now?

Ivy, this class action thingy, doesn't that mean that anyone involved with TII can join to that lawsuit?

well this seems no different to the jacksons lawsuit ie amir is claiming aeg hired murray etc so its their fault when from the evidence we have thats false. wonder whos been whispering in his ear. i guess hes hoping for a quick settlement..

AEG lawyer's reply to this lawsuit:

Michael Jackson's Assistant Files Class-Action Lawsuit Against 'This Is It' Tour Promoter
Published: November 13, 2012 @ 5:52 pm

By Tim Kenneally
Michael Jackson has been dead for more than three years now -- but apparently he lives on in the halls of America's legal system.

Jackson's former assistant, Michael Amir Williams, filed a class-action lawsuit against concert promoters AEG Live in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, claiming he and others hired to attend to the "Beat It" singer during his would-be
"This Is It" tour at London's O2 Arena were deprived of at least $7.5 million dollars in pay.

According to the suit, AEG was responsible for the financial loss because it hired Dr. Conrad Murray -- who was found guilty of causing the singer's death -- to care for Jackson.

The suit claims that Jackson "bargained for the addition of Class to help Michael Jackson give the 'first class performance' as required by Contract. The express terms of the Contract allowed for class to be paid by AEG up to $7.5 million and any amount over $7.5 million to be paid for by Michael Jackson."

Unfortunately, AEG also hired Murray, who administered a fatal dose of Propofol to Jackson in June 2009, before the concerts could take place. (Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for Jackson's death in Nov. 2011.)

AEG’s lawyer, Marvin Putnam of O’Melveny & Myers, calls the lawsuit "frivolous" and "truly unfortunate."

"This lawsuit is clearly frivolous; it is literally barred by at least four different legal doctrines," Putnam said in a statement provided to TheWrap. "The easiest is that Mr. Williams was a personal employee of Michael Jackson’s, and was never a beneficiary of Mr. Jackson’s contract with AEG Live. As such he has no legal standing to sue on that contract. Nor can he legally bring a claim for Mr. Jackson’s wrongful death. The idea that Mr. Williams purports to sue on behalf of the many persons who did enter into relationships with AEG Live and Jackson in connection with the This Is It Tour, and with whom AEG Live parted ways with the utmost friendship and respect, is disgraceful. It is truly unfortunate that so many see Mr. Jackson’s demise as an opportunity to grab as much for themselves as possible. This is just the latest wrongful death lawsuit with someone hoping to profit from Michael Jackson’s tragic death in the same way they profited from his life."

Williams' suit alleges breach of express terms of contract; breach of implied terms of contract; and breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. The complaint seeks unspecified damages, plus court costs and attorneys' fees.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/m...action-lawsuit-against-it-tour-promoter-64956

This is just the latest wrongful death lawsuit with someone hoping to profit from Michael Jackson’s tragic death in the same way they profited from his life."
-------------------------------------

i find that kinda ironic coming from AEG

Timing for this is a bit shady. Why would he wait 3 years and why now?
Is he in bed with Jackson's and this in one of their brainstorm results?

This is the same man PPB met @ they guardian ad litem's office late summer after granny-napping episode.

Maybe he cant get work so is taking a leaf out of the jacksons book trying for a settlement

Noboby cared about Michael nobody only money, money, money! They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned! He should be ashamed of himself to file a lawsuit after 3 years demanding money from a tour that was cancelled due to the most tragic incident instead of caring about this man!!!

Ivy, this class action thingy, doesn't that mean that anyone involved with TII can join to that lawsuit?

I believe it makes all the employees a potential part of the lawsuit. I think they will need to send notice to everyone and they would have a chance to opt out - not be a part of this lawsuit.

Timing for this is a bit shady. Why would he wait 3 years and why now?
Is he in bed with Jackson's and this in one of their brainstorm results?

I have to agree. timing is curious. It's been almost 3.5 years after Michael's death and any contract lawsuit had 4 year statue of limitations. This timing of the lawsuit is interesting.

Brother Michael got a lot of nerve, in my opinion!

He had MORE access to MJ than any of those AEG executives. Why didn't he speak up, although I wasn't there, it's very hard for me to believe that Brother Michael didn't see things that he found "odd," when it came to Murray's presence in the household or Michael's visits to Klein's office.

He can't be trying to cry wolf now, like he was blind to everything that was going on and trying to get money out of this horrible situation to boot.

I still have to wonder IF Randy Jackson played any part in this latest lawsuit. I mean, look how long it took Randy to FINALLY sit down for his own deposition. (It was AGAIN rescheduled for a week or so ago, still not sure if he sat down for it or not.) I point the finger at Randy because he tried everything in his power to get out of that deposition and he is, after all, a very, VERY desperate man, in my opinion. The very same man whose favorite mantra is "THIS IS NOT OVER."

Bubs;3737836 said:
AEG lawyer's reply to this lawsuit:

"This lawsuit is clearly frivolous; it is literally barred by at least four different legal doctrines," Putnam said in a statement provided to TheWrap. "The easiest is that Mr. Williams was a personal employee of Michael Jackson’s, and was never a beneficiary of Mr. Jackson’s contract with AEG Live. As such he has no legal standing to sue on that contract.

I was gonna say this till I saw their response. Michael Amir was hired by MJ whereas Karen Faye was hired by AEG. He had no contract with AEG. Im also very sure that Ive seen Karen say she was compensated for her contract by AEG.

And why is he blaming AEG for not taking care of MJ! He was the assistant and by MJs side for the most time, so he if anybody should have reacted if there was something wrong with MJ. I guess the $7 he would gain of this tour made him blind in terms of what was going on of with MJ.

And why is he blaming AEG for not taking care of MJ! He was the assistant and by MJs side for the most time, so he if anybody should have reacted if there was something wrong with MJ. I guess the $7 he would gain of this tour made him blind in terms of what was going on of with MJ.

Exactly!

Brother Michael played himself and now he just looks like ANOTHER vulture trying to make some money off of Michael's tragic death.

It's becoming a toss-up for "some" folks, let's see IF I can't get any money out of The Estate of Michael Jackson, then I will try and get some money out of AEG.

Back