Steve Stevens Talks About recording "Dirty Diana"

I've always said that sometimes it feels Michael was inspired by Queen and freddie Mercury. You know when freddie does this kind off adlibs in between songs, " Eeeeyyooo! Eeeeeyoo!" That sorta reminded me of how Michael would do his " Hee hee, Aooow!'' in between songs.

God bless them both and thank you for sharing this video! Very cool

Hello everyone,

please note that this interview was originally conducted, edited and posted by MJJLegacy, the French speaking fans forum:

Thank you for your time,

RL

I'm terrible sorry to put this here but I dunno where else to put it. I was in Zara today and I heard Dirty Diana but it was different the vocal were different and slower. I'm just wondering is this some sort of remix that I've never heard, if so which one or is it merely a cover? It was super loud and busy in there so I don't know 100% if it was Michael but it sure sounded like him. Again sorry for putting my question in such an awkward place wasn't sure where else to put it.

Steve Stevens Talks About "Dirty Diana"

Here's a little interview clip that was new to me. The legendary Steve Stevens talking about working with Michael. I learnt some stuff I didn't know:

1 - the song was originally about 7 minutes long.
2 - there were some awesome takes that didn't make it into the final cut of the video. At approx 4m 22s Steve describes how Michael runs up behind SS and then slid between his (Steve's) legs and then wrenched the guitar off him. And the crew and everyone broke out into applause cos it looked so cool. Apparently the camera angle wasn't right so it never got used.
3 - Michael asked Steve if he knew Motley Crue - I'd love to know more about that.

And a little note from upthread:

Hello everyone,
please note that this interview was originally conducted, edited and posted by MJJLegacy, the French speaking fans forum:
Thank you for your time,
RL

Damn 7 minutes, I love some extended guitar soloing. There is so much more we don't even realize that can be released. Makes me feel good and positive. One day we will get to hear this!
That is definitely worth the 7 minutes! Hopefully we will hear it in all it's glory.
Exactly. As soon as he said that I was like, 'where is that? I wanna hear it. I wanna hear it NOW'
Exactly me right there too, thinking what the deuce?! 7 minutes?! *Batman voice* Where is it?!

nick* did a remix of DD with the uncut guitar solo. there are several mixes he did, but one includes the full solo.

7 minutes... guitar solo... Michael being "peak rock star" in the video, which sadly had to get cut... I have a big need!

"Dear Michael Jackson estate..."

Oh, who am I kidding. šŸ¤£ But hey, a girl can dream! And I will keep dreaming until we finally get it. :love: šŸ„°

Cā€™mon @DangerousGal91 to the tune of Dirty Diana

ā€Lets dream together awwwwā€
ā€you and meeeā€
ā€you and meeeā€

Iā€™m having a nervous breakdown, donā€™t judge.

Cā€™mon @DangerousGal91 to the tune of Dirty Diana

ā€you and meeeā€
ā€you and meeeā€

Iā€™m having a nervous breakdown, donā€™t judge.
That's really good, f&m. Seriously. That works!

It was not just the 'Dirty Diana' song originally much longer in duration.

Almost all of Michael Jackson's songs were originally much longer in duration, compared to their officially released versions.

For example, if you take a look at the 'Dangerous' album configuration pre-edit (thanks to @JohnC), you would be shocked.

'Why You Wanna Trip On Me' was originally 7 minutes long, 'She Drives Me Wild' was originally 6 and a half minutes long, and so on.

Back