Michael's medical records from 1984 Pepsi Burn is being auctioned [Confirmed: Auction is stopped]

mdiegee210

Proud Member
IF this has been posted before, or in the wrong please move or delete. GLOBE NEWS WIRE PHONEIX, ARIZ. HAS POSTED THE ORIGINAL MEDICAL RECORDS OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S BURNS FROM THE PIPSI COMMERICAL, TO BE AUTION OFF. THERE IS ONE BID OF 1,000 DOLLARS.

EDIT TO ADD - Team MJJC _ Message from the Estate of Michael Jackson

The Executors of Michael’s Estate were shocked to learn of the attempt to sell Michael’s medical records. Immediately upon the information being brought to their attention, the Estate’s lawyers were directed to send an appropriate letter to the auction house and are taking all steps possible to ensure that these private records remain private.

MJOnline

The Official Online Team of the Michael Jackson Estate™

EDIT TO ADD - Team MJJC _ Message from the Estate of Michael Jackson - December 3rd

Hello!

We are pleased to confirm that Michael Jackson's medical records have been taken down from the website and are NO LONGER being auctioned.

The auction house promptly responded to the request from the Estate's lawyers, and the removal of the documents from the auction has been confirmed.

Re: Michael's medical records from 1984 Pepsi Burn is being auctioned

Warning : The below video includes pictures of the burn. It could be disturbing for some.

http://youtu.be/n_EtsU-LZGU

Warning : The below link includes scan of the report. It has the burn pictures. It could be disturbing for some

https://www.pristineauction.com/auctions/index/details/id/72650

Never Before Seen Signed Michael Jackson Medical Documents Up for Grabs at Auction with Pristine Auction.

Pristine Auction is proud to announce that the original medical documents describing Michael Jacksons' life-changing Pepsi commercial burning incident are now being offered at auction to the highest bidder. This incredibly rare and desirable piece of Michael Jackson's legacy is live for auction now at www.pristineauction.com and ends on December 12th, 2012.

On January 27th, 1984, Jackson was filming a performance in front of 3,000 people for a Pepsi advertisement. As part of the display, a series of pyrotechnics were used, but tragedy occurred when an early explosion resulted in the pop star's head catching fire. Jackson was rushed to the hospital where he was treated for second-degree burns and was prescribed several medications. According to USA Today (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-07-16-jackson-fire-
video_N.htm), many experts believe that this event triggered the subsequent downfall of Jackson's life, which resulted in the addiction that resulted in his eventual death from a prescription pill overdose on June 25th, 2009. As a result, these documents display an incredible and climactic moment in the pop star's life.

The medical document collection includes hand-written doctors' notes, never-before-seen Polaroid photos of Michael Jackson's injuries, a discharge summary of the event, a list of medications Jackson was prescribed, and a release form signed by Michael Jackson himself that sent all the documents to his lawyers for the resulting lawsuit. According to MTV News (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1616411/pepsi-responds-michael-jackson-accid...) Pepsi eventually settled the incident out of court for $1,500,000, which Jackson donated to the Brotman Memorial Hospital in Los Angeles to help fund the Michael Jackson Burn Center for Children.

Michael Jackson is regarded as the "King of Pop" and became a mega-celebrity in the music industry. Always an elite performer, his career began at a very young age with The Jackson 5. His later solo career elevated him to incredible heights as he released countless hit songs like "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough", "Billie Jean", and "Thriller". The Guinness Book of World Records has named Michael Jackson the most successful entertainer of all time.

Because of the significance of this event to Jackson's amazing life, the medical documents are regarded as priceless and are expected to be auctioned for a price between $100,000-$500,000.

Pristine Auction is a premier online auction house located in Phoenix, Arizona. With a fascinating selection of signed memorabilia, Pristine Auction provides a broad range of items including sports cards, rare coins, jewelry, sports collectibles, historical items, and music memorabilia. Their online auctions includes thousanders of items and take place every two weeks.

For more information please visit Pristine Auction at www.pristineauction.com

The video says that they got those papers from attorneys that settled the case against Pepsi.
Are they allowed to sell them?

Ivy I looked the youtube video before you posted the warning, they are disturbing photos:(

Gee nothing surprises me anymore :no: So who is selling these?

Michael didn't die of a prescription drug overdose. He died from acute propofol intoxication and Murray is in jail for doing it... why do people continue to blatantly lie?

I cannot believe that "SELLING" a persons medical records is legal..what ever happen to "confidentiality"..Just because he has passed away...he should STILL be protected by this. Wonder if the Estate knows about this? THIS is a whole lot different than Juliens auction...I hate that...but this I LOATH. There has to be some way to stop this.

will someone call John Branca please?

The pictures... :(

*sigh* Is nothing sacred when it comes to Michael. And why does everything have to include the word 'bizarre'.......

*sigh* Is nothing sacred when it comes to Michael. And why does everything have to include the word 'bizarre'.......

When the only bizarre people are who are selling and buying such stuff...

(The left bottom document confirms that Michael had lupus. I only say this because I know this was also questioned by some people, just like his vitiligo.)

Wtf! The only thing bizarre is this sick auction, sick article, sick people who sell it. Disgusting!

will someone call John Branca please?

I don't think anyone has Branca on their speed dial but I already notified the Online Team who are looking into it.

This is ridiculous. By the end of all these shameless auctions of Michaels personal records and notes, he will have every piece of his personal life documented for the entire world to see. Very sad, hope this one gets the boot like the note to LMP; this whole thing is just in bad taste... to put it lightly.

Well it does confirm MJ's lupus from 1984, so that right there tells the world he had it.. Folks should be ashamed of themselves. Mike needs to strike some folks down from above. Did Katherine even know that MJ had lupus? if so did she go with him to help him seek out medical professionals for his illness?

Well it does confirm MJ's lupus from 1984, so that right there tells the world he had it.. Folks should be ashamed of themselves. Mike needs to strike some folks down from above. Did Katherine even know that MJ had lupus? if so did she go with him to help him seek out medical professionals for his illness?

You are a better person than me, I zoned in on 'patient was well-developed' *so ashamed*

But yes I agree with you, it doesn't appear that Michael had a lot of support for his very real medical problems.

Gee nothing surprises me anymore :no: So who is selling these?

I'm personally thinking Hoefflin.

Original medical records with Polaroid pictures (which are one of a kind) combined with release forms signed and sent by Michael and his lawyers to the medical center. So it makes me think these are the original medical records coming from the medical provider - Hoefflin. Even if he gave these to the lawyers he would have given them copies not the original one.

I'm personally thinking Hoefflin.

Original medical records with Polaroid pictures (which are one of a kind) combined with release forms signed and sent by Michael and his lawyers to the medical center. So it makes me think these are the original medical records coming from the medical provider - Hoefflin. Even if he gave these to the lawyers he would have given them copies not the original one.

I can only think that it is Hoefflin or the lawyers, but as you said the lawyers would only have copies, so that leaves Hoefflin or a thief. Do you know if Hoefflin still practising?

Edit: And I guess Pepsi would only receive copies?

yeah Hoefflin and Klein are both certifiable.. Mike needed medical professionals outside of Hollywood. Those two were too starstruck and crazy to treat anyone. And it seems that Mike didn't have any support at all for his very real medical issues. I remember Emmanuel Lewis saying that Mike recovered all alone in a hotel after his burn:( where was his Mother?

We have contacted the Estate via email. Please do the same. This auction MUST be cancelled. It's medical records that are confidential!!!

And this is legal??. or doesnt it matter cause its michael.

Last edited:

There is this petition against the auction going around on Twitter. I don't know if it will have any influence on stopping the auction but I've signed it because it couldn't hurt.
Here's the link

http://twitition.com/75288

hedious and apalling must be stopped and they must pay for being greedy and shameful !

What are they "proud" of, and by whom is this "desireable"? Sick world.

It's one of the most creepiest and tasteless stuff people have to Michael, I put it in the same label when people auction and buy murderbilia. :ninja: I'm hoping this outrageous auction will be stopped ASAP.

I always believed that medical records were kept private, this is sick.

The dignity of humans is inviolable - Grundgesetz of Germany (Art. 1, Abs. 1)

What about Michaels dignity and privacy? It's so disturbing.
:( This is the lowest of the low.

Not true. It was MJ's choice to recover elsewhere, other than home. He needed his space and peace, some time alone. Emmanuel Lewis and his family felt MJ shouldn't be alone, so they took MJ in, and MJ lived with Emmanuel Lewis for months while Emmanuel was going off to work on his Webster show.

MJ and Emmanuel were so close. They were closer than any child friend MJ ever had, also his first child friend he ever had. Emmanuel Lewis stuck with MJ throughout the years. Emmanuel went on stage to the award shows with MJ, he was on the set of 'Thriller' 1983, on the set of 'They Way You Make Me Feel' 1987, and 'Remember the Time' 1993.

Looking back when Emmanuel Lewis was on MJ's Thriller 1983 set, he still manage to be on MJ's 'Remember the Time' 1993 set, 10 years later, wow. That was really good friendship between MJ and Emmanuel Lewis.

MJ even subscribed his 1992 'Dancing the Dream' book to Emmanuel Lewis with pictures enclosed of the both of them, from 1983-1987. Now that is true friendship, aww. :wub::D

''There's was nothing strange about Michael Jackson. What was strange is what he had to deal with'' - Rev Sharpton

Back