Pierre Garcon unifies Redskins locker room with Michael Jackson

qbee

Proud Member
On a positive note :)

Pierre Garcon unifies Redskins locker room with Michael Jackson

The Redskins’ locker room is a unified one, except when it come to the music being played before and after practice. The far end of the room, where the offensive line is situated, tends to favor country and rock, while hip hop and rap are the usual choices blaring from the corner where the defensive backs hang out. Sometimes you’ll hear both simultaneously, with a bit of a volume battle going on.

During a recent open locker room, Kendrick Lamar’s music was playing at full blast. While most of us media folks don’t generally care what they play, the explicit lyrics made it difficult for television and radio reporters to get usable video and audio during the media session. Pierre Garcon decided it was time for a change, so when we walked into the locker room today, the reporters were greeted with Michael Jackson’s “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’,” which was immediately followed by “Bad,” “Beat It,” and a string of others. It was an all-MJ playlist.

“I think the other kind of tunes that were in the locker room, the language was not the best,” Garcon laughed, trying to find a delicate way to put it. “But Michael Jackson is good all around. Everybody likes it, from young guys to older guys and everybody can relate to it. It’s feel-good music. You know, guys enjoy it and remember the days the heard those songs, and the dances and the videos. It’s all-around good music.”

While the music post-practice will continue to vary, Garcon hopes that the team will get on board with a universal choice for media sessions.

“I think that’s the one thing that everybody agreed on,” he said of his teammates’ decision to let Garcon play D.J. today. “The offensive line, they had their music on down there. I think the DBs like a little more hip hop. I think everyone came together on Michael Jackson, and that’s the impact he had on this world, I guess.”

If you agree, enjoy the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DKD0PoRSI
[video=youtube;w8DKD0PoRSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DKD0PoRSI[/video]

Source: Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...es-redskins-locker-room-with-michael-jackson/

This is even more awesome because I really like this player. Him and RG3 are great together. I hope they kick ass against the Giants on Monday night.

qbee;3744825 said:
I think everyone came together on Michael Jackson, and that’s the impact he had on this world, I guess.”
Source: Washington Post

That's why he's the king :D
And beside the feel-good music he delivered a message too :) I hope more people realize that.

I love it too and that's exactly what Michael wanted to accomplish.

qbee;3744825 said:
“I think the other kind of tunes that were in the locker room, the language was not the best,” Garcon laughed, trying to find a delicate way to put it. “But Michael Jackson is good all around. Everybody likes it, from young guys to older guys and everybody can relate to it. It’s feel-good music. You know, guys enjoy it and remember the days the heard those songs, and the dances and the videos. It’s all-around good music.”

“I think that’s the one thing that everybody agreed on,” he said of his teammates’ decision to let Garcon play D.J. today. “The offensive line, they had their music on down there. I think the DBs like a little more hip hop. I think everyone came together on Michael Jackson, and that’s the impact he had on this world, I guess.”

:clapping:

Ow what a wonderful story. I love it when tough guys love Michael's music, since some rock performers like to insinuate only rock is manly. Michael's is loved all over.

Earlier today one of the Redskins players murdered his wife then went to practice and shot himself in the head in front of his coaches...

So yeaaaa..

And that was my "Debbie Downer" moment....

Carry on...

Earlier today one of the Redskins players murdered his wife then went to practice and shot himself in the head in front of his coaches...

So yeaaaa..

And that was my "Debbie Downer" moment....

Carry on...

He wasn't a Redskins player, he played for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Happy to see the Redskins on a 3 Game winning streak.

I post this bit of sports news here as it seems that there are Mj fans in sports and they like to use his music in their practices:D

King of Pop's music livens up OSU practice
By Jason Elmquist
Stillwater NewsPress

DALLAS — With the music of Michael Jackson pumping through the speakers Saturday at Highland Park High School’s football stadium, Oklahoma State University senior defensive end Nigel Nicholas was returned to his childhood and couldn’t help himself.

With the Cowboy players lined up across the field to stretch, the senior from Rossville, Ga., walked the few yards to midfield and broke out in dance — to the amusement to both players and coaches.

“Michael is a great legend and I remember my mom used to always play it around the house and we were always dancing to it. So it just brought back old memories,” Nicholas said. “People were actually making fun of the moves, though. I thought I did a pretty good job out there. But it was just all in good fun.”

Defensive coordinator Bill Young added of the dance: “He’s got a little more rhythm than I thought he had. Certainly a lot more than me.”

According to senior Cooper Bassett, the practice had started with country music, but coach Mike Gundy elected to switch it to Michael Jackson for a more upbeat atmosphere.

“I’m a big Michael Jackson fan,” Gundy said. “A lot of times, some players that are this age don’t say anything but as you watch them, they all know the songs. They just don’t really like to admit it. But we’re big Michael Jackson fans.”
:clapping:

As for Nicholas’ dance routine, it was well received. Though linebacker Lyndell Johnson claims he could have done even better.

“He’s got a few moves, but I’ve got him though,” Johnson said. “He’s not better than me, and he knows it. He already knows what I’ve got.”

http://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/x2056569954/King-of-Pops-music-livens-up-OSU-practice

Back