Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 2,206 to 2,216 of 2216

Thread: [ Pretrial Discussion Closed ] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: [General Pretrial Discussion] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Please someone, i have a question: If by any unknown reasons the Jacksons win the case, can AEG go for an appeal or there's no appeal on civil cases?
    yes there is appeal

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,324 Times in 4,049 Posts

Default Re: [General Pretrial Discussion] AEG files summary judgment motion to dismiss Katherine's lawsuit

Autumn Thome Thome was added to the witness lately, after we were all wondering why he was not on it. Now whether he is actually called is another question.

Aquarius yes they can appeal. This just happened last week to someone I know. After he won the suit & the jury awarded him the money, the insurance company said they would appeal but then changed their mind & contacted his attorney and asked to settle for less than the jury awarded him or else they would go for an appeal. They negotiated and settled for 30,000 less, because the guy was tired going to court & his attorney felt they might get less money with a new judge & trial. I wonder if the family is considering that AEG might appeal, but I have a feeling that the family will appeal if they lose, because they added some appeal lawyers to their team lately.
    Last edited by Petrarose; 28-04-2013 at 09:49 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,676 Times in 517 Posts

^^Thanks Petra.

I hope if AEG doesn't win they go for an appeal, hope they never settle.
    The Jacksons really have money to add more attorneys to their pool, hope they all drown.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    ^^Thanks Petra.

I hope if AEG doesn't win they go for an appeal, hope they never settle.
    The Jacksons really have money to add more attorneys to their pool, hope they all drown.
    Well when the next accounting comes along we will see if she is asking again for a lump sum of money to pay off attorneys. Somehow I do not think she is paying for them from her allowance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,025 Times in 1,775 Posts

Tomorrow is just opening statements?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,054 Times in 7,439 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    Tomorrow is just opening statements?
    yes, 2.5 hours each side. they should give a good idea to what to expect from each sides during the course of the trial.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,237 Times in 875 Posts

Default Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

Quote Originally Posted by tresh View Post
    Thank you for the examples, but I have to say that the second one does not really mirror what is happening in this case I think. I agree with the first part about the pressure and all that. BUt you are missing some important element here, Murray.

What if you hire someone to take care of your friend and to make sure that he is in good shape and fit to make the business work. Then you realize your friend is not performing as you want him to and you start pressuring the person you hired to fulfill their duty. So THAT person is pressured to ensure your friends performance and might give him some drug so he stays on top of things.

If you know now that your friend has problems and the person you hired is responsible, aren't you liable if you do nothing about it???
    But that's the point--Kenny Ortega's email, the meeting at MJ's house, the statement by MJ that he is fine, the statement by Murray to Ortega--stop playing doctor. It's not true they did nothing about it ('it' meaning MJ showing up to rehearsal ill, confused, chilled). They addressed it in the meeting. I don't think myself that enough was done b/c I think Ortega's email indicated something was very wrong, but he was the only one who witnessed MJ being sick--he was very concerned, but everyone else told him to stop worrying, meaning MJ, Murray, Phillips, etc. Then MJ came back to rehearsals and did great, so that reassured them.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: [General Discussion] AEG files their summary judgment motion asking to dismiss Katherine's lawsu

Quote Originally Posted by tresh View Post
    I think it is not normal to pressure a doctor to do anything, especially to make sure that someone performs no matter what! And if they were so concerned about a doctor that is ethical, why allow someone to be hired that is dead broke?

And about only being liable if you knew the doctor was giving him a dangerous drug... Isn't that what the Jacksons also want to establish? That certain people knew something was wrong, but did nothing? E.g. if someone would tell me that one half of someones body feels hot while the other is cold my alarm bells would definitely ring that something is seriously wrong.

I mean, we will see what the trial brings, but in general I can see why AEG could possibly be held responsible for Michael's death.
    AEG didn't know about this--MJ called the nurse in Florida--thr one who had been treating him for insomnia with natural products, herbal teas, etc, earlier--Cherylynn Lee--and told her about the hot and cold--not AEG. She told him to go to the emergency room, but he didn't.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Alan Duke has an article on CNN (not sure if it has now become a tabloid or not) and in it he says this accountant (Erk) is saying MJ would have earned over one billion on the TII tour and that he would have done 260 shows--is this guy mad??? There is no way if MJ was not happy with 50 shows he would have done--260--OMG!

Can anyone believe this--what if the jury doesn't know anything about MJ?? What if they believe this crap? And KJ's lawyers are also saying that MJ would have toured into his 70's!! OMG!!! And apparently the judge (I know I am not supposed to use derogatory names, but she is sounding more and more like someone with a serious inability to put 2 and 2 together--but maybe she doesn't know anything about MJ either) anyway, she supposedly volunteered that the Rolling Stones are still touring--so it sounds like she agrees MJ could have kept touring? This is getting like science fiction.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jamba For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Well since AEG is involved, no doubt they will try to bring in some evidence that shows otherwise. They will try to show he would not make a lot of money, would not tour again, & there were several projects that Michael said he would do & did not. We will see which side the jury believes, but first they have to prove negligent hiring.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,054 Times in 7,439 Posts

we are closing this thread in preparation for the first day of testimony.

Please use the new daily discussion threads: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/th...013-Discussion
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ