Michael speech I have to make?

dam2040

Proud Member
Hi everyone, I have to make a 3-5 minute speech about anything in the world and I chose Michael, I just don't know what to talk about and keep an audience interested in. I'm going to have a video with me so when I'm talking their will be a visual aspect to it but I'm not sure which topic to go down. I was thinking either Bad, track by track like Bad 25 or the trial. I really don't know! Any ideas are greatly appreciated :)

Well, if it was me giving a speech on Michael i'd talk about things that were very important
to him. He was passionate about environmental issues. So, i would talk about this. Get your
audience involved, get them to ask you questions at the end on "green" issues. I did a talk
on Recycling & waste back in June. I included his poem Planet Earth in my talk and i read it
out to everyone. I gave each person a copy of the poem :) I got good feedback at end and
everyone enjoyed my talk.

I hope i have been helpful and all the best with your speech (do let me know how you get on).

Regards, Andrea x

I would rather choose to talk about the artistry... How Michael creates Music...
The BAD25 Docu from Spike Lee has awesome footage and different rehearsals from videos and shows too... I would focus more on the Michael they are NOT aware off...

Everyone knows THE Michael from the press stories, trials, tabloid stuff and many even FORGET what a TALENTED man he is... How he creates music, shortfilms with stories hidden in it, dance moves...
The WISE stuff, he talks about in Interviews :cheeky:

Good luck, Dam :ciao:

andrea and daryll, both great ideas.
If I had 5 minutes I would also talk about his artistry, his talent and legacy but I would also manage to include a few minutes to talk about his innocence at some point. At least a tiny bit.

I remember Jarvis Cocker, (we know he doesn't like MJ that much) said something like: "MJ? yes he created the moonwalk, right?" implying that is everything he did! :pth: and it's incredible how many people don't acknowledge his talent and musical legacy, actually!

Anyway, good luck with your speech :happy:

My thesis would be that Michael Jackson lived his Earthly life as a "True Renaissance Man".

For example, Michael Jackson was also a poet. Below is one of his poem
"Wings without Me" from his book Dancing the Dream.

WINGS without ME

It was August, and I was looking up at the sky. With one hand shielding my eyes, I made out a falcon soaring on the currents of hot swirlinging air. Higher and higher it spiraled, until with one unearthly shriek, it disappeared.

All at once I felt left behind. "Why did you grow wings without me?" I mourned. Then my spirit said, "The falcon's way is not the only way. Your thoughts are as free as any bird." So I shut my eyes and my spirit took off, spiraling as high as the falcon and then beyond, so that I was looking down over the whole earth. But something was wrong. Why did I feel so cold and alone?

"You grew wings without me," my heart said. "What good is freedom without love?" So I went quietly to the bed of a sick child and sang him a lullaby. He fell asleep smiling, and my heart took off, joining my spirit as it circled over the earth. I was free and loving, but still something was wrong.

"You grew wings without me," my body said. "Your flights are only imagination." So I looked into books that I had ignored before and read about saints in every age who actually flew. In India, Persia, China, and Spain (even in Los Angeles!), the power of spirit has reached, not just into the heart, but into every cell of the body. "As if carried aloft by a great eagle," Saint Teresa said, "my ecstasy lifted me into the air."

I began to believe in this amazing feat, and for the first time, I didn't feel left behind. I was the falcon and the child and the saint. In my eyes their lives became sacred, and the truth came home:
When all life is seen as divine, everyone grows wings.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :) I'll be doing it on the Bad album and how it was created but I'll talk about how Leave Me Alone was created to mock the media who made all sorts of stuff up. I'll then talk about what Michael really did for us and end it with the video from the Private Home Movies where he mentions Bela Farkas and how he saved his life. :)

I hope your speech goes well! I love your topic and it'll be great timing to speak about Bad. Let us know how it went!

Thanks everyone :) I'll be doing it on the Bad album and how it was created but I'll talk about how Leave Me Alone was created to mock the media who made all sorts of stuff up. I'll then talk about what Michael really did for us and end it with the video from the Private Home Movies where he mentions Bela Farkas and how he saved his life. :)

Yep, WOW them with your speech, Dam :agree:
Great, you're mentioning Farkas :clapping:
Strong message at the end :cheeky:

Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :)

I gave a three minute speech about MJ last year in my English class that I got an A on. I'll post it below. Feel free to use it in any way you want. Btw, English isn't my first language, so don't expect my grammar and spelling to be perfect. Oh, and there's a part which I completely ripped off of his Grammy speech in 1993.

Ladies and gentlemen,
I am going to talk to you about someone who has inspired everything in my life, Michael Jackson.

First, I’ll talk about Michael's achievements in music and dance.
Second, his unbelievable humanitarian efforts.
And third, the disgusting lies made about him during and after his life.

First of all, I don't think we've ever seen a career as successful as Michael Jackson's.
• He had 4 no. 1 singles before he was a teenager
• Revolutionized music videos with short films for songs such as "Beat It", "Smooth Criminal" and "Black or White"
• 750 million albums sold (every tenth person in the world owns a Michael Jackson record)
In addition, when Michael announced his comeback tour in 2009, all 50 concerts sold out in just four hours.

Secondly, Michael Jackson was wonderful human being. In three minutes, it's almost impossible for me to make you fully understand this side of Michael. Just to give you an idea, this is an incomplete list, covering only some of his charity throughout his life *at this point I rolled out a list of charitable activities by MJ on the floor of my classroom. The room wasn't long enough for the entire list*. It's quite long. He let thousands upon thousands of ill children visit his Neverland home. He wanted to give them a fun and exiting day, or even a last day of joy, as some of the children could be waiting to die from their disease.

Finally, Michael Jackson was a victim of several disgusting and malicious lies, let alone the false allegations of child molestation. As a consequence of these rumours, it became trendy to think of Michael as weird, or even as some dangerous freak. But when you grow up like Michael did, in front of 100 million people since the age of five, you're automatically different. There was no Christmas, there were no birthdays, it was not a normal childhood, no normal pleasures of childhood - those were exchanged for hard work, struggle, and pain.

In conclusion, I think you should all give Michael Jackson a second chance. I do understand that some of the things that I've told you can be hard to believe at first. However, I am positive that you would all reach the same conclusion as I have if you took the time to understand this hidden truth about Michael.

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for your attention.

Last edited:
Back