X factor finale - You Are Not Alone (Sandy Hook Tribute)

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
Did anyone else see this??

I didn't see any other thread about it..

The entire top 12 performed YANA tonight as the openin song right after Simon said some words about the recent elementary school shooting an how everyone is praying for the anyone affected by it...

He then said this is our tribute to you..

And then the whole top contestants did a cover of MJ's YANA..

Well done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JANlvThx3WM

Last edited by a moderator:
That was very beautiful and it warms my heart that many are using Michael Jackson songs to tribute and Comfort the families and all those effected by this senseless tragedy. Ive seen "Heal The World" and "We are the world" also used in the tributes for the victims.

That was very beautiful and it warms my heart that many are using Michael Jackson songs to tribute and Comfort the families and all those effected by this senseless tragedy. Ive seen "Heal The World" and "We are the world" also used in the tributes for the victims.

Are there any vids? I'd like to see them.

O.K. let's allow Michael Jackson to sing "You Are Not Alone" the way it should be sung as a tribute to the children of the Sandy Hook School and the children of the world.:angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZc6VZmbkJU

God Bless you Michael Jackson.
Please show the children? of Sandy Hook School around Heaven. :angel:

Last edited:
Sounds great but I think they should have done a more meaningful song. By comparison, YANA is just a ballad whose melody was stolen by R Kelly from the Belgian Van Passel brothers (I'm not saying it's a bad song, it's more of a love song than a song for "charity"). I would think The Lost Children is a more fitting song, although it is clearly not well-known, and not even well-liked within the fan community... Or Hold My Hand would be great too.

And don't forget People of the World and Children's Holiday by J-Friends.

^^^ Frankboy. YANA is a very meaningful song .. Yes a love song but it is appropriate. He always sings it to his fans and also the children. As you can see in the video above Michael places ONLY pictures of children while he is singing YANA for the charity event in Korea, telling them they are not alone .. Yes there are many Michael songs that could be used and they have been by others as tributes for Sandy hook. But YANA is also a perfect song for this sad occasion, to show love and support. We even used it ourselves after MJ passed to comfort each other.

The song was very appropriate and beautiful telling Sandy Hook Elementary they are not alone in their grief.

the allegations you show about the song being stolen have never been recognised or proven outside that disctrict .. The song remains in R. Kelly and Michael's name. Plenty of MJ songs have controversy attached to them but That shouldnt even be a factor of if it should be used or not. IMO no matter who wrote that song Michael sings it from his heart and so did the singers on Xfactor.

Nice tribute and good song chose IMO! And The Lost Children is also very beautiful too, I always liked it!

Last edited:
Some parts of the song were better sung than others but the end was very touching indeed and it was an appropriate tribute for those innocent children and teachers in Connecticut.

No one sings You Are Not Alone like Michael! :yes:

Sounds great but I think they should have done a more meaningful song. By comparison, YANA is just a ballad whose melody was stolen by R Kelly from the Belgian Van Passel brothers (I'm not saying it's a bad song, it's more of a love song than a song for "charity"). I would think The Lost Children is a more fitting song, although it is clearly not well-known, and not even well-liked within the fan community... Or Hold My Hand would be great too.

And don't forget People of the World and Children's Holiday by J-Friends.

What the melody being stolen has to do with the tribute?

The Lost Children is a beautiful song which will touch more to parents who have lost their children emotionally or to the desires of the streets. YANA is about physical separation while still being connected through the heart.

I'm sure the producers of the show had a sea of songs to choose from and they made an excellent choice.

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this but let's not analyze it so much and who sings it better.

It was a very nice thing to do. After what happened to those poor kids and teachers, Michael came into my mind because it would have broken his heart and he would have wanted to help. This show is on national tv and they took one of Michael's songs and tribute to these victims and their families. In a way it was like Michael was comforting these people. I don't watch the Xfactor but I say to Simon and to the show thank you for doing that.

I don't mean any disrespect when I say this but let's not analyze it so much and who sings it better.

It was a very nice thing to do. After what happened to those poor kids and teachers, Michael came into my mind because it would have broken his heart and he would have wanted to help. This show is on national tv and they took one of Michael's songs and tribute to these victims and their families. In a way it was like Michael was comforting these people. I don't watch the Xfactor but I say to Simon and to the show thank you for doing that.

Thank you Marebear for your comments. I felt the same way especially the bolded part. Michael would be soooo upset right now and he would've done something special to help in any way. This song was so beautiful and so perfect for this tragedy. Even though Michael is no longer physically with us, his songs and his heart will always touch and help heal the world as this tribute shows. And it is so nice to know that the world out there are recognizing that Michael's songs carry significant messages of hope and love to help heal this troubled world. God Bless you Michael and thank you God for blessing us with such a beautiful human being.

Perfect song! Wonderful performance. I cried almost at the end when the names of the lost was shown on the background. :cry:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

It made me cry as well :boohoo: ..they did such a wonderful job...Michael would be honored that they chose to sing his song as a tribute and I thought that the children singing at the end was perfect. :) Thank you for posting this,

Perfect way to pay tribute to the sandy hook victims

Nice:clapping:

Its always the thought that counts and even though their rendition may not have been on the par of Michael's rendition, the message and words remain heartfelt.

May God continue to bless the families who have lost so much from this senseless tragedy.

It was a touching and fitting tribute- as we know Michael would have been deeply touched by this tragedy. I was getting dinner ready when the show aired and time just stopped as my whole family dropped everything and sat there - at the verge of tears. (okay, I cried...)

Back