Everland Liberian and Haiti Children's Homes built with funds donated by MJ Fans

qbee

Proud Member
lptbanner.jpg

Everland Children's Home in Liberia is almost completed. It was built with donations from Michael Jackson's fans :)

Article posted in Ireland's Fermanagh Herald

Fermanagh doctor’s Christmas Day with African orphans

WHILE the rest of us will be opening presents on Christmas morning Garrison native, Dr Patrick Treacy, will be opening an orphanage in Liberia in west Africa in honour of his friend, the late Michael Jackson.

Patrick-1296-351x460.jpg

Healing Bed once used by Michael donated by Dr. Treacy

The internationally renowned surgeon has been given the role of Honorary Ambassador by Michael Jackson fans from around the world and invited to open the Everland Children’s Home on Christmas Day.

In attendance will be the Vice President of Liberia and other government dignitaries.

“It is an honour to be asked. The fans got together to build this orphanage and it is a fitting tribute to Michael and all the work he did in Africa and I am very honoured to be asked to open it.”

The Everland Children’s Orphanage was built on two acres of land near Liberia’s capital of Monrovia.

The land was originally owned by a local church and mission school dedicated to children’s welfare in the largest slum community around Monrovia.

“Michael Jackson gave so much of himself, of his time, his heart, and his talents,” Dr Treacy revealed.

“In 1993, he gave all the profits from 67 concerts over eighteen months on the Dangerous World Tour to the Heal the World Foundation. In 1999, he organised a series of benefit concerts with Andrea Bocelli and Luciano Pavarotti from which he donated the total proceeds to the “Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund”, the Red Cross and UNESCO.”

In keeping with Jackson’s dream of a children’s hospital, it is hoped that Everland will also encompass a small clinic as the nearest medical facility is over two hours drive away.

“I have never been to Liberia as most of my travels to Africa have been along the east coast and I certainly did not envisage going out there on Christmas Day, but when the request came to open the orphanage there was only one place I was going to be.”

Since Liberia is not considered a safe destination for travellers, it has become somewhat a forgotten land and, by default, the suffering children there are forgotten too.

Liberia is one of the poorest countries in the world, torn apart by war, ravaged by poverty, and recently overrun with barefooted children arriving alone from the neighbouring war-torn Ivory Coast.

“It is not a very safe country and it can be forgotten about so I am delighted that this orphanage has been built and it is a fitting legacy to the work that Michael did. Michael never asked for anything in return for what he did, except for one thing. “Help me to help the children”, he wrote. If his spirit is anywhere, it is with needy children throughout the world.”

Source:http://fermanaghherald.com/2012/12/fermanagh-doctors-christmas-day-with-african-orphans/

Dr Treacy Visits with the children and opens Everland on behalf of the fans on Chrismas day
301697_404705179608198_1328668546_n.jpg

74967_10200095908897543_1974618229_n.jpg

Video added from Nathy MJ post #26
Nathy MJ;3756831 said:
Here is the video of Dr. Patrick Treacy's speech during the opening of Everland Children's Home:

<iframe height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weWRaCa7mZQ" frameborder="0" width="560" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>​

And here is some photos from Treacy's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152377447985570.941547.643385569&type=3&l=b605ff5431

Speech from Dr Treacy Honorary Ambassador for Michael Jackson fans at the opening ceremony

" Friends and Government Dignitaries,

We have started a new century, a new millennium. The first ten years have been some of the most brutal the planet has ever encountered. The century started with terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and Liberia underwent its second civil war. Liberia to oust a leadership that had made this country internationally known as a pariah state. These actions dragged this great nation into other conflicts in Sierra Leone and left 250,000 people dead and devastated this nation's economy. These wars cast a dark shadow over humanity: Today, Liberia is recovering from the lingering effects of the civil wars and their consequent economic upheaval, but about 85% of the population continue to live below the intenretional poverty line. So much violence, so much bloodshed, so much agony to children but the watching world will not stand back and remain indifferent.

Seventy years ago, World War 2 ended, Liberia had joined the Allies and helped rid the world of the evils of Nazism. Liberia was a founding member of the United Nations and the Organisation of African Unity. It stood up for for the destitute, for the victims of disease and injustice. And then it entered a dark period from which it is now slowly emerging. It is fitting that we are all here today to remember the legacy of Michael Jackson, someone I am privileged to call my friend, somebody who often stood alone to fend for the children in the world. Michael was very troubled by the suffering of this continent and in fact his first words to me when we met were

'Thank you so much for helping the people of Africa'.

I had been to Africa and seen the devastation of the plague of HIV at first hand and when we discussed it, there was tears in his eyes and he said we had to do something together for the people of Africa. He planned to hold a great concert in an abandoned airfield in Rwanda and we would fly there together in his private plane and then down to see his great friend, Nelson Mandela. Sadly, these events were not to happen and the world lost one of its great humanitarians.

Michael Jackson brought light where there was darkness, hope where there was despair; he never turned away from cruelty when he could give compassion. Following the 1984 Victory Tour, Michael donated his $5 million share from the tour's profits to charity. In 1985, he co-wrote the single "We Are the World" with Lionel Richie and donated all of the proceeds to help the needy in Africa. Almost 20 million copies of "We Are the World" were sold, making it one of the best-selling singles of all time. The project raised millions for famine relief.

Michael Jackson felt the pain of the hungry children of Africa, walking for miles with swollen bellies, dying without dignity in the night as the rest of the world emptied its supermarket food waste into the bins of New York, London and Dublin. He knew and felt deeply about a continent ravaged by civil war and pestilence where children were forced to hack off limbs of their parents and eat the beating hearts of other humans. None of these children asked to become involved in an adult war, where man&#8217;s inhumanity to each other is only outdone by the evil that lies within their hearts. There are times when we all feel that God has abandoned this world, the terrible earthquake in Haiti, the bloody streets of Northern Ireland, and at evening time when shadows fall over the coffin makers in Nairobi as another HIV infected child is put back into the earth from which they were born. Well, I say to you here today that there is a God who looks down on all of this wrong and he brought us an angel in the form of Michael Jackson to help to solve it.

This building is a testament to the Humanitarian legacy to the Michael Jackson, built by his wonderful fans and it will be remembered by generations as yet unborn. This is a story of regeneration of the human spirit here in the heart of Africa, a part of the world that my very dear to the great singer. Let's be grateful to God that he sent us such a person to live amongst us for a while and leave us this wonderful legacy. We cannot be indifferent to the wrongs in this world that we see around us. Already, the Michael Jackson Legacy Foundation is making plans to open another Everland in Haiti, where hundreds of thousands of people sleep under plastic sheets at night and like Monrovia have to suffer some of the worst rains on this planet.

I see the kids in the street with not enough to eat
Who am I to be blind, pretending not to see their need?
They follow each other on the wind ya know?
'Cause they got nowhere to go, that's why I want you to know

Well now they have somewhere to go - it's here. It's called Everland Children's Home." :heart:

[video=youtube_share;yO5xmFHNH8Y]http://youtu.be/yO5xmFHNH8Y[/video]

Everland Liberia ... TELL THEM
heart.gif

http://youtu.be/x0NlvA2pSD4

[video=youtube_share;x0NlvA2pSD4]http://youtu.be/x0NlvA2pSD4[/video]

To learn more and how you can help visit Michael Jackson's Legacy - Facebook https://www.facebook.com/michaeljacksonslegacy Your donations will be giving these children,
not only food, clothing, education, and love, but a place to call home. A home called Everland.
We can and we will make this world a better place.

Note: This thread will eventually be moved to our Legacy project forum.

Re: Grand opening of Everland a Liberian Orphanage built with funds donated by Michael Jackson Fans.

Beautiful. mj would be so proud

Re: Grand opening of Everland a Liberian Orphanage built with funds donated by Michael Jackson Fans.

Wow! That's beautiful!

...emotional !! Michael must be smiling from Heaven :) .God bless al those who made this possible

Heartwarming, well done everyone.

Michael is looking down proudly :)

Michael's dream comes true. Michael FANS are BEAUTIFUL.

Now those children will have a home. Beautiful.

This is wonderful..Michael would be SO happy...it would literally bring him to tears.

Great job MJ fans... You are the best. Mike is definitely smiling from above..

Bravo MJFam:heart: !!! :clapping: :clapping:
There is no boundaries for L.O.V.E and our love for Michael has no limits :angel:

Wonderful news:)

This is what people should be talking about when it comes to Michael. This is what he was about.

Wow, that is incredible!

omg this is amazing!!!!!!!!! xxxxx

Man I really miss Michael.. Such a good hearted dude.. just seeing what his fans did on his behalf has me crying. My eyes are swelled with tears reading this.

I just think about what Michael was saying about building a children's hospital with the money from This Is It, while under some potent drugs that Murray gave him. Murray had him so drugged he could barely talk but all that was in his heart was performing for his fans and using the money to help sick kids. That right there showed you what MJ was about.. Even in that state that's what he was thinking about. I know MJ is in heaven with a heart like that and I hope he sees what was built on his behalf.

I just think about what Michael was saying about building a children's hospital with the money from This Is It, while under some potent drugs that Murray gave him. Murray had him so drugged he could barely talk but all that was in his heart was performing for his fans and using the money to help sick kids. That right there showed you what MJ was about.. Even in that state that's what he was thinking about. I know MJ is in heaven with a heart like that and I hope he sees what was built on his behalf.

This kind of things really makes me think that hospital project could be possible one day. I hope so :)

I hope someone has told Michael Jackson's children about the existence of this orphanage; because this is a true example of how the legacy of Michael Jackson should be created.

So wish he could see this.

this is really great!

This is so beautiful. Michael's heart lies within all his beautiful fans. Michael would be crying tears of joy just witnessing this which I know he is from heaven. I am so grateful to God for sending us an angel like Michael and grateful to Michael for his loving and caring heart. We are so blessed! Michael's legacy of hope and love will live forever through his millions of loyal fans around the world.

Wonderful,positive news:):..thanks for that!

It is almost as though part of his wish that we heard on that tape, is being realized. What wonderful fans, and it is sad that this news & speech was not all over the media.

Cherubim I would have liked to see his children stand with the doc and open this home too. This is truly a charity or event Michael would be proud of.

^^ Thank you Nathy for posting the video of Dr Treacy's Speech and his FB pictures are wondeful
Michael Jackson Fans have certainly found a friend in Dr Treacy. That he would even go to Liberia at his own expense to do this says so much about his love and loyalty to Michael and his fans... I have posted the video on the Top Post with a credit to you for sharing it.

Re: Grand opening of Everland Liberian Orphanage built with funds donated by MJ Fans [Video Added]

Wonderful. Michael would be so proud!

Back