What do you think about the HIStory World Tour?

My least favourite tour. That would be mainly overall lol.

+ most refined and perfect dancing
+ great stage and all that, costumes stuff etc
+ good setlist (with an exception of MITM being removed)

- 95 % lip-syncing which is why it is my least favourite tour
- Billie Jean is really perfect. And that's it, for me it is TOO perfect. I would enjoy it more even if he caught breath most of time. I want a different listening experience, like him skipping some word, different grunts lol
- Beat It, uninteresting to me. Dangerous tour is my fave version of Beat It. It has that raw power, as well as Bad tour, but Dangerous just looks cooler IMO
- HTW, SIM, YANA playback. He could've done those songs live at least. He could've done OTW Medley live as well
- overall he has less energy than before but I can't really blame him for that, he was getting older. To make it up for that at least his dance was always perfect (perfected by that point, although Dangerous era is very close already to perfection in dance)
- Usually not really low leans in SC, as he did in Dangerous tour
- Billie Jean - sticky, not so long moonwalks. Longest ones I've seen is Auckland, Kuala Lumpur and Tunis I think
- Earth Song ending tank sequence. Yes, it holds great meaning and message and all. But that's not really what I'm about. I would have enjoyed and prefered way more an ending like Royal Brunei with those amazing adlibs which makes me goosebump more than seeing MJ run in front of tank. (by the way him hanging out of the cherry picker was really cool in History tour)
- MITM being removed! And that is next biggest reason for me after all the playback, why I don't like this tour. IMO MITM is the perfect encore and ending of the show. MITM always gives me goosebumps when he does those amazing long spins and live adlibs

Now, what are your thoughts about this tour? I am willing to hear :)

ONE word GOLD Pants :heat:

NO seriously now... I do :heart: this tour...

I especially love the beginning sequence with the rocket and then it blasts on stage... The first moments Michael appears are 'heart stopping' :dropdead:

Highlights for me are...

In the closet :heat:
Billie Jean is MAGICAL there... :angel:

So is Beat it with the crane and the stage fight...

Siedah is COOL :wub:

I love Earth song with the tank rolling on stage and Michael's 'dare devil' stuff on the crane :tease:

Smooth Criminal is so SMOOTH too :wub:

The ONLY thing which is a 'dumper' is the way Michael left :(
Then again, it always made me realize he was gone and I never knew when I was gonna see him again :cry:

So yeah, we don't know 'your take' on it?

What was this, HIStory World Tour Thread #484? And yes, I'm choosing violence. Leave right now if you don't have time for this today.

Back