Michael Jackson fan gets gift from Michael Jackson's Estate / Pictures added

ivy

Proud Member
Such a sweet story so I wanted to post it here

Community Haven resident James Waddell dances to a Micheal Jackson video on Friday. Attorneys from Jackson's estate sent Waddell memorabilia, including a sequined glove, after learning that he was a huge fan.

STAFF PHOTO / DAN WAGNER
By Gabrielle Russon

SARASOTA - James Waddell wears his shiny Michael Jackson glove on his left hand on vacation, at ballgames and practically everywhere else.

So of course Waddell asked for more Jackson music during a Christmas party last month that volunteers threw for him and other developmentally disabled residents at Community Haven.

He got his wish with a Jackson CD.

But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.

The Los Angeles attorneys recently sent a box of Jackson memorabilia, including a collection of concert DVDs, a Wii game and a T-shirt.

“Happy holidays and all of our best wishes for you in 2013!” said a letter written by a paralegal on behalf of attorneys John Branca and John McClain.

Waddell was, of course, delighted.

“He's Michael Jackson through and through,” said Kim Clark, a marketing coordinator at the Sarasota facility where Waddell, 46, has lived for 10 years. “Michael just makes him happy.”

On Friday, Waddell put on his curly black wig and a shiny red jacket that still had a No. 44 label from last year's Halloween costume contest.

Waddell showed off his new presents and listened to one of the concert DVDs in his living room.

Then he danced as if nobody was watching.

His feet shuffled on the carpet. He pumped his arms in the air and then shook his gloved left hand.

When Jackson took off his glove and flung it on the video, Waddell did the same.

A few minutes later, Waddell was still dancing as he headed to his job washing dishes at the Community Haven kitchen

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...kson-fan-gets-gift-from-artist-s-estate&tc=ar

---------------------------------

The gifts MJ Estate sent

3810_10151287211707492_1260676076_n.jpg

Estate's letter

148980_10151287213152492_2019006350_n.jpg

That is a very sweet story. :happy:

Hey Mr.Branca, Mr. Mcclain....I'm a HUGE fan also. :lol:

Thanks so much for posting this Ivy!
:lol: Aren't we all :p anyway, that's a lovely story..glad they're trying to keep Michael's example by making people like this man happy.

That was a wonderful story. :wub: Im So glad the Estate is following Michael's example of kindness.
Im such a wus i get so emotional over things like that. It made me so proud and brought tears to my eyes

I love the pic! He looks awesome in that glove! This made my day, thanks :)

Oh so beautiful. It reminds me of the guy who rushed into Michael arms and Michael had to carry him as he walked. Michael really touches people who have loving sensitive hearts. No offense to anyone, but it seems to me that a lot of people who have some disability love Michael and his music. That really tells you something about Michael..

Wow that was really nice. I wonder how the Estate found out about this guy. They made his day for sure. :)

There was a news story about the community center he lives in for people with mental disabilities, they mentioned the nice things people did for the center at Christmas, and talked about James and how big a fan he was of MJ and how excited he was when he received one MJ CD at Christmas. It looks like they managed to see that and decided to send more things out to him.

Wow that was really nice. I wonder how the Estate found out about this guy. They made his day for sure. :)

They saw it in a Holiday news story:)

But the gifts kept coming for Waddell after he was featured in a holiday news story that caught the attention of the attorneys who administer Jackson's estate.

What a kind gesture from Michael's Estate. Michael would be proud.

This is probably the original Story they seen

Residents of Community Haven get holiday joy
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121211/ARTICLE/121219910?p=1&tc=pg

By Gabrielle Russon
Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 9:53 p.m.

2e4yecz.jpg

SARASOTA - James Waddell stood in front of the television, analyzing Michael Jackson's every move.

Every Halloween, Waddell, who has Down syndrome, dresses as the singer down to the single sequined glove and the red jacket.

He takes his MJ seriously.

It was a surprise to nobody when Waddell was the one dancing to the Christmas songs played on the accordion and banjo during Tuesday's holiday gathering.

Every year, bus drivers and other transportation workers at Sarasota County Schools throw a party for Waddell and the other adults with disabilities at Community Haven.

Many district employees perform such acts of kindness during the holiday season. But these gift-givers are among the district's lowest paid workers, some getting salaries less than $20,000 a year.

Yet, they still give back.

“We fill up their Christmas for them,” said retired bus driver Karen Dunn, who had a 38-year career on the road. “You get a good feeling in your heart.”

The bus drivers, the garage mechanics, bus aides — about 100 people in all — play Santa for the 24 residents. It's not always an easy job at all with hard-to-find items.

Where does one find a talking watch for a man who is blind? Or a polo shirt? But just not any polo shirt, either. It has to be a yellow-and-white one, another resident requested.

As Waddell opened his presents, he held each one up and took a hard look. A bottle of cologne. A pair of blue cargo shorts. A new pillow.

He shrieked as he opened up a Michael Jackson CD, near the end. He held the CD up to his chest.

Around him, others admired their new Twilight movie calendars and stuffed animals.

The holiday tradition started in 1966 by now retired bus drivers Jim and Charleen Chaich with the Fraternal Order of the Eagles. The school transportation department picked it up in 1992, giving presents to Community Haven annually since then.

Community Haven works with youth and adults who have disabilities such as autism, Down syndrome and other developmental disabilities.

“Often times, it's children who are thought about at Christmas time. These adults are left out,” said Wendy York, a Sarasota bus route supervisor who coordinates the holiday program. “They're so grateful. It makes their day. It makes their season. For me, this is what's it's all about.”

He shrieked as he opened up a Michael Jackson CD, near the end. He held the CD up to his chest.

:) he is a big fan and I can't even imagine how happy the Estate's gifts must have made him :)

This is such a heartwarming story of giving and loving. This man may be an eternal child. MJ was right when he said that music unites us all. I loved reading this.

Ahh, thank you so much for sharing - such a sweet story it brought tears to my eyes.:)

qbee;3759308 said:
This is probably the original Story they seen

Residents of Community Haven get holiday joy
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20121211/ARTICLE/121219910?p=1&tc=pg

By Gabrielle Russon
Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 9:53 p.m.

2e4yecz.jpg

SARASOTA - James Waddell stood in front of the television, analyzing Michael Jackson's every move.
Every Halloween, Waddell, who has Down syndrome, dresses as the singer down to the single sequined glove and the red jacket.
He takes his MJ seriously.
It was a surprise to nobody when Waddell was the one dancing to the Christmas songs played on the accordion and banjo during Tuesday's holiday gathering.
Every year, bus drivers and other transportation workers at Sarasota County Schools throw a party for Waddell and the other adults with disabilities at Community Haven.
Many district employees perform such acts of kindness during the holiday season. But these gift-givers are among the district's lowest paid workers, some getting salaries less than $20,000 a year.
Yet, they still give back.
“We fill up their Christmas for them,” said retired bus driver Karen Dunn, who had a 38-year career on the road. “You get a good feeling in your heart.”
The bus drivers, the garage mechanics, bus aides — about 100 people in all — play Santa for the 24 residents. It's not always an easy job at all with hard-to-find items.
Where does one find a talking watch for a man who is blind? Or a polo shirt? But just not any polo shirt, either. It has to be a yellow-and-white one, another resident requested.
As Waddell opened his presents, he held each one up and took a hard look. A bottle of cologne. A pair of blue cargo shorts. A new pillow.

Around him, others admired their new Twilight movie calendars and stuffed animals.
The holiday tradition started in 1966 by now retired bus drivers Jim and Charleen Chaich with the Fraternal Order of the Eagles. The school transportation department picked it up in 1992, giving presents to Community Haven annually since then.
Community Haven works with youth and adults who have disabilities such as autism, Down syndrome and other developmental disabilities.
“Often times, it's children who are thought about at Christmas time. These adults are left out,” said Wendy York, a Sarasota bus route supervisor who coordinates the holiday program. “They're so grateful. It makes their day. It makes their season. For me, this is what's it's all about.”

What a great photo, a great story, and how wonderful to see how much happiness Michael can still bring to the world.

^^ you know that is a good point-- that people sometimes focus on the kids at Christmas and forget the adults. I will have to revamp my thinking for next Christmas.

What a sweet story!! That was a very nice touch from the estate. And Mr. Wadell looks so happy holding his new possessions. Well, I'm happy that he had a beautiful Christmas.

My respects to those district employees who give their time & money to bring happiness to the residents of Community Heaven.

There was a news story about the community center he lives in for people with mental disabilities, they mentioned the nice things people did for the center at Christmas, and talked about James and how big a fan he was of MJ and how excited he was when he received one MJ CD at Christmas. It looks like they managed to see that and decided to send more things out to him.

Thanks, I read too fast sometimes and missed it :)

Oh so beautiful. It reminds me of the guy who rushed into Michael arms and Michael had to carry him as he walked. Michael really touches people who have loving sensitive hearts. No offense to anyone, but it seems to me that a lot of people who have some disability love Michael and his music. That really tells you something about Michael..

Wonder why that is. I have a 20 year old nephew with autism and he is a big MJ fan.

This is such a nice story. The Estate is doing what Michael probably would have done. Aww.

Back