Today in Michael Jackson History January 7th

qbee

Proud Member
Today in Michael Jackson History January 7th

HISTORICAL DATES

1972 - Michael Jackson releases his solo hit single, "Got To Be There, in the UK.
It peaked at #5 on the UK Charts

2005 - Michael Jackson's Attorney's request the Judge to close the courtroom for
all pretrial hearings on what evidence will be allowed at Jackson's trial. The trial was
scheduled to begin on January 31, 2005.

2012 - Cirque du Soleil opens their Sixth Michael Jackson performance of
"THE IMMORTAL" World Tour at the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado

PICTURE OF THE DAY

28l9qx3.jpg

Michael recieves award for "I Wanna Be Where You are"

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson The Dating Game 1972
http://youtu.be/xqsrmGvus1g

SONG OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
http://youtu.be/Feq_q8gfj0c

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Some friends, you only see them when the sun shines.. My fans sustained
me even in dark days. I owe them everything."~ Michael Jackson ~ ? ~

* You might also enjoy Michael Jackson's Monthly History Calendar in the Legacy Project forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...y-In-Michael-Jackson-History-MJ-Calendar-2013

* Please feel free to participate by commenting, adding pics, videos or facts related to this day in MJ History.

Oh that cute little voice singing a love song is just too touching. how about the way he looked down and smiled when the girl talked about the hotel--I have seen him do that movement so many times as an adult.

Anyone wondering how the date went?

Last edited:
Thank you . Ill Try to keep up :)

I hope you guys like the sweet 1972 Picture of Michael. I really loved it so I repaired it from the original.
It had scratches and white spots like snow all over it .. we couldnt have that now

Oh, that would be great! Those posts are amazing and bring back a myriad of smiles every day I read them and connect with memories!

I know Ashtanga , he looks so proud and happy there for his Award - I think it is really a very sweet picture :girl_teddy:

From UK Loves MJ facebook:

"INSIDE EDITION spoke to Latonya, a one-time hospital administrator in Los Angeles back in 2003. 10-year-old Latonya Simmons said of being picked by 14 yr old Michael Jackson on the Dating Game. "When he picked me—oh God! If you looked at the other girls they were very upset," said Latonya. "I used to always pray, please, God, let me go out with Michael Jackson, and then all of a sudden it happened. Lantonya did have her date with Michael at Sardi's the night before the Jackson 5 concert at Madison Square Garden on June 30, 1972."

In an interview a month later with the Los Angeles Times, Michael described their date.

"We went out to dinner in New York. The next night we had a concert there and she came and was in the front row and everyone recognized her from television and started grabbing at her [giggles] and wanted her autograph [more giggles]. They had to put her backstage." In Aug 72: Michael says “I only did one show by myself.” he smiles. “That was the Dating Game. It was fun. I won number one. She got to go to New York to see our concert.” In a later Andy Warhol Interview, 1977 when Michael was asked if he had been dating he said

^^Waw they went and found that woman. No wonder Michael had to keep his relationships quiet.

Back