Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,725 Times in 4,301 Posts

Default Today in Michael Jackson History January 16th

Today in Michael Jackson History January 16th

HISTORICAL DATES

- Michael Jackson releases his fourth solo album "Forever, Michael" and the single "We’re Almost There" on Motown Records. This would end up being his final album released with Motown Records before he and his brothers (minus Jermaine) left for CBS Records a year later.

1984- Michael Jackson's sweep of the 11th Annual American Music Awards. He wins an unprecedented eight awards including the special Award of Merit presented by Kenny Rogers. Quincy Jones, Liza Minelli, Barry Manilow, and Diana Ross speak in his honor. He attended the award show with brooke Sheilds and Emmanuel Louis. The ceremony was watched by over 60 million people. In Total Michael recieves ..

Favorite Soul/R&B Album * Thriller
    Favorite Soul/R&B Video * Beat It
    Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist - Michael Jackson
    Favorite Pop/Rock Album - Thriller
    Favorite Pop/Rock Single - Billie Jean
    Favorite Pop/Rock Video - Beat It
    Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist - Michael Jackson
    Plus The Award of Merit 1984

1993- Michael Jackson attends the 25th Annual NAACP Image Awards and is is presented with the 'Outstanding Music Video Award' for the socially conscious song, Black Or White. He also receives the '25th Silver Anniversary Entertainer Of The Year Award'. Michael brought down the house just standing on stage until the crowd quieted before he gave a very gracious and beautiful exceptance speech ending with :

"Thank you for having the faith to see that I share your work — for I deeply feel I do. I accept this award on behalf of the world’s healing. When all our brothers and sisters will be as free and equal as we are today. I love you so much and I am very honoured, and thank you for this award. Thank you so much."

PICTURE OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson at the 25th Annual NAACP Image Awards 1993

SONG OF THE DAY

We're Almost There
    / Michael's Interview Interview with Dinah Shore

http://youtu.be/m1TJ1awFnuU

2 VIDEOS OF THE DAY

MICHAEL JACKSON - AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS 1984

http://youtu.be/e9HODcF89VU

Michael Jackson 25th Annual NAACP Image Awards 1993

http://youtu.be/zmMOgVluduk

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I know my race, I just look in the mirror. I know I'm black!
    I am proud to be a black American, I am proud of my race"

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy ~ On This Day In MJ History Monthly Calendar 2013 / Legacy Project forum
    http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/128040-January-On-This-Day-In-Michael-Jackson-History-MJ-Calendar-2013

* Please feel free to participate by commenting, adding pics, videos or facts related to this day in MJ History.
    You know that L.O.V.E. survives
    * * * so we can Rock forever * * **

Blog Facebook Twitter Youtube Tumbler

MJJC Fundraiser

MAKE A DONATION

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qbee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,669 Posts

Default Re: Today in Michael Jackson History January 16th

Thank you. Sometimes I feel that Michael doesn't get appreciated enough (I don't know how to say this correctly) by his own race. I feel like there is a distance there sometimes. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 3,362 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    Thank you. Sometimes I feel that Michael doesn't get appreciated enough (I don't know how to say this correctly) by his own race. I feel like there is a distance there sometimes. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
    ^^ I guess you are referring to the quote of the day & I understand what you mean. I think the media printed Michael did not like his race & Michael's race saw his skin & nose changing and accepted the media's words. When Michael explained his condition the media's write ups showed they did not believed and so Michael's own race accepted the reporting too. As far as I remember I never saw a mass of people from Michael's race stand up and attack the media's portrayal of Michael in the 80s. To me, that would have simmered down the media's attack because they would know a large group of people were watching Michael's back. Rather we had key people either remain silent, or accepted the media's statements like Oprah & others.

About the teen Micahel video--I just love to look at late teen Michael. Everything moves when he performs in a tight lean way.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,537 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrarose View Post
    ^^ I guess you are referring to the quote of the day & I understand what you mean. I think the media printed Michael did not like his race & Michael's race saw his skin & nose changing and accepted the media's words. When Michael explained his condition the media's write ups showed they did not believed and so Michael's own race accepted the reporting too. As far as I remember I never saw a mass of people from Michael's race stand up and attack the media's portrayal of Michael in the 80s. To me, that would have simmered down the media's attack because they would know a large group of people were watching Michael's back. Rather we had key people either remain silent, or accepted the media's statements like Oprah & others.

About the teen Micahel video--I just love to look at late teen Michael. Everything moves when he performs in a tight lean way.
    Thank you. That is what I was thinking. People say they support Michael now but it didn't feel that way before at times.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marebear For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 993
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,917 Times in 3,362 Posts

love the Patti segment. It is very hard to sing with her. I like the way they allowed children to introduce his award & I know he was deeply touched by that.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post: