Today in Michael Jackson History January 20th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History January 20th

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 - "You Can't Win" (Parts 1 "A-Side + Part 2 "B-Side) a recorded and performed by Michael Jackson on Motown Records enters the Billboard US R&B Singles chart, where it will peak at No 42. Differences from the 1975 Broadway musical "The Wiz" was "You Can't Win" was specifically written to replace "I Was Born on the Day Before Yesterday", which had been Scarecrow's solo in the Broadway musical. Jill Scott performed the song during the 2001 Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Special celebration.

1995- Michael and Lisa Marie welcome King Nana Amon Ndoufou IV, ruler of Sanwi, at Los Angeles airport on a 4 day visit. Smiling broadly and exuding a special joy, Jackson greeted the exalted ruler who had crowned him King of Sanwi in 1992 when he visited the West African nation. Michael Jackson was crowned King of Sanwi during some impressive ceremonies held in the Village of Krindjabo, located near Abidjan, Ivory Coast.

1997 - Bulgarian composer Atanas Atansaov accused Michael Jackson of stealing his song "Nova Godina" and using in "Blood on the Dance Floor."

2003 - It is announced that Michael Jackson is to be the subject of a documentary after Martin Bashir was granted permission to follow the singer for eight months and was given "unprecedented and exclusive access" to Michael Jackson for the 90-minute profile, which will be shown on ITV1 on Feb. 03, 2003 as a Tonight with Trevor McDonald special.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

2wduj34.jpg

Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson host King Nana Amon Ndoufou IV.

SONG OF THE DAY

You Can't Win
- Michael Jackson Ultimate collection [Audio HQ]

[video=youtube_share;kq-xTRxLlNg]http://youtu.be/kq-xTRxLlNg[/video]
http://youtu.be/kq-xTRxLlNg

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Blood On The Dance Floor - short film

[video=youtube_share;c3_NntYhzV4]http://youtu.be/c3_NntYhzV4[/video]
http://youtu.be/c3_NntYhzV4

QUOTE OF THE DAY

“Be humble, believe in yourself, and
have the love of the world in your heart.”

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy ~ On This Day In MJ History, Monthly Calendar 2013 / Legacy Project forum
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...y-In-Michael-Jackson-History-MJ-Calendar-2013

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

I wish he never did that Bashir interview. Bashir is scum.

He knew what the truth was and he tricked Michael and he showed unprofessional behavior. There are good journalists in the world but people like him put a bad light on them. I am not a hateful person (I don't think) but he should have shown the truth and helped Michael. I hope if he has any guilt or remorse about it, it will stay with him the rest of his life. I always feel this is what started the end.

Last edited:
Very interesting news today Qbee. I didn't realize You can't win replaced a song from the Broadway musical. I loved it when the scarecrow sang it too. I only wished they had tightened up the editing of the Wiz, cut some songs, & shorten others to make the movie less dragging, but that is another thread.

About King Michael: I would have loved to see footage of the crowning ceremony. There must have been singing and dancing knowing how Africans are. We should try and see if we can get some information about it. Maybe the King will come to New York again and we could interview him. Knowing Michael there should be some photos or even a video. Do you know if the King was invited here by Michael or he came on some professional visit? These are the things people need to know about when they state Michael hated his race.

Here we have another person saying Michael stole from them again. OK... the usual.

Now this Bashir thing Marebear I always felt that those allegations were already in the works on the sidelines before the Bashir broadcast. I feel that the crooks were waiting there for the right moment to strike, because they had their plan already set, and when the interview aired they used that moment to reveal the plan. I feel it just happened to be Bashir that gave them that open door to enter, so in a sense he was crowned King reporter by mere coincidence and took credit for doing something nasty & was rewarded as a reporter who "cracked the story." If the fraudsters did not have a plan they would not be able to act so quickly & swiftly, so to me the family and the DA were simply waiting for an opportunity to strike. It sort of reminds me of Judas waiting for an opportunity to betray Jesus. Judas already had a plan in place, but was waiting for an opportunity, and this is exactly what we have with that family & DA. The only difference is that Judas did get his silver, but the family & DA lost.

However I still see Bashir as an unscrupulous, opportunist & a lot of other words which I can't say because I just came from church.

About King Michael: I would have loved to see footage of the crowning ceremony. There must have been singing and dancing knowing how Africans are. We should try and see if we can get some information about it.

There was a great celebration with singing dancing and even official signing of documents for the event.There is more details of the ocession on various blogs, fansites and even here somewhere. Might be able to find it, if they placed search tags on the thread .

Michael Jackson visits Africa 1992

'92 Michael Crowned King in Africa

OHHHHHH Qbee that was great. I only came here in 09 so I missed that one. The crown and wrapping him in the garment made me teary eyed. About 150 people met him when he arrived--how about that for our king.

About King Michael: I would have loved to see footage of the crowning ceremony. There must have been singing and dancing knowing how Africans are. We should try and see if we can get some information about it. Maybe the King will come to New York again and we could interview him. Knowing Michael there should be some photos or even a video. Do you know if the King was invited here by Michael or he came on some professional visit? These are the things people need to know about when they state Michael hated his race.

This blog has great information about MJ being crowned King in africa: http://www.mj-777.com/?p=1569

Thanks Nathy I will take a look at it.

PS: Just read it and was impressed by the wealth of information there. I especially like the part where the author points out what the media said about the trip, and then contrasts that with what actually happened. It would be great to have a nice poster of this.

Last edited:
Back