New Book / Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth [Kindle Edition]

qbee

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth [Kindle Edition]

A New ebook on Amazon called "Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth," takes a close look at the poem Planet Earth and the song and film Earth Song. Michael's environmental message is a central part of his message of love. There are no reviews yet but the Kindle sample looks very promising.

Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth
ir

ir

Book Description
Publication Date: January 11, 2013
This book focuses on an area of vital importance to Jackson: his concern for Planet Earth, its ecosystems and life forms, human and nonhuman, its flora and fauna. In rehearsals for his This Is It, he defined the purpose of his planned tour as spreading a two-fold message: the importance of love and protecting the environment. Because he made his love and concern for the planet central to his art, including in his last tour, and because it is a deep concern of mine as well, my focus here is to explore Michael Jackson’s love for Planet Earth, as revealed in two major works, the poem "Planet Earth" and the song and short film, "Earth Song." I hope my discussion of these works will increase the reader's appreciation of Michael Jackson's deep commitment to transforming our relationship with the earth to one of love and respect.

A New ebook on Amazon called "Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth," takes a close look at the poem Planet Earth and the song and film Earth Song. Michael's environmental message is a central part of his message of love. There are no reviews yet but the Kindle sample looks very promising.

ir

I hope my discussion of these works will increase the reader's appreciation of Michael Jackson's deep commitment to transforming our relationship with the earth to one of love and respect.

Yes, this book is SPECIAL!!!! :reading:

Oh good, I am going to get that one when it comes out in paper.

Oh good, I am going to get that one when it comes out in paper.

Hi, Petra, Just so you know, there's a variety of ways to read an ebook on Amazon--they provide a 5 GB Cloud storage space where you can put ebooks and read them there, or you can download them to your computer. Of course, if you have a tablet, smart phone, etc. you can download them to that. I did that for Willa Stillwatert's book 'M Poetica'--I downloaded it to my computer.

Also, you can read an excerpt, sample pages for free.

Last edited:
Hi, Petra, Just so you know, there's a variety of ways to read an ebook on Amazon--they provide a 5 GB Cloud storage space where you can put ebooks and read them there, or you can download them to your computer. Of course, if you have a tablet, smart phone, etc. you can download them to that. I did that for Willa Stillwatert's book 'M Poetica'--I downloaded it to my computer.

Also, you can read an excerpt, sample pages for free.

Oh thanks Jamba. It is a pity you cannot have a little copy for your physical collection. I will take a look at it.

qbee;3767668 said:

ir

ir

Book Description
Publication Date: January 11, 2013
This book focuses on an area of vital importance to Jackson: his concern for Planet Earth, its ecosystems and life forms, human and nonhuman, its flora and fauna. In rehearsals for his This Is It, he defined the purpose of his planned tour as spreading a two-fold message: the importance of love and protecting the environment. Because he made his love and concern for the planet central to his art, including in his last tour, and because it is a deep concern of mine as well, my focus here is to explore Michael Jackson’s love for Planet Earth, as revealed in two major works, the poem "Planet Earth" and the song and short film, "Earth Song." I hope my discussion of these works will increase the reader's appreciation of Michael Jackson's deep commitment to transforming our relationship with the earth to one of love and respect.

This book looks wonderful. :angel:

There is a beautiful review posted on Amazon

By Kerryah (Port Adelaide, Australia)
Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth (Kindle Edition)

I bought Veronica Bassil's little eBooklet "Michael Jackson's Love for Planet Earth" purely on the strength of my own love for the subject matter... I did not know Veronica's work, and I wasn't sure whether or not I would be disappointed by the booklet's contents.

As an inexpensive download it seemed worth the risk. "Earth Song" is my favourite Michael Jackson song. I also love the accompanying short film he made for it, and the footage of his live performances of the song. He put so much passion into the writing, singing and performing of "Earth Song" - it carried his message to heal the world of its many ills through love.

This love, as Veronica Bassil reveals, is evident and personal for Michael, as revealed in his posthumously released recording of his poem "Planet Earth" - published in his book of essays, poems and reflections: "Dancing the Dream".

In "Planet Earth" the planet is the beloved, the narrator the lover. Having questioned whether it is just an inanimate lump of rock floating in space, he decides unequivocally that it is a living entity, deserving of our love, and needing to be cherished.

Veronica's examination of Michael's environmental consciousness through "Earth Song" references Joe Vogel Earth Song: Inside Michael Jackson's Magnum Opus and Armond White, as well as some fans who have commented on the song on-line. But Ms Bassil's focus is not on the recording of the song, but on the meaning of the words and how they relate to Michael's freely expressed love for the planet, the children, the animals, the trees etc.

Her discussion of the environmental catastrophes which have proven MJ's (and environmental forecasters) warnings and predictions to be true highlights the importance of not just listening to and loving the song and its singer, but in taking his message to heart.

It's for good reason so many of us love "Earth Song" so much. He put his heart and soul into this masterwork, and it has not only stood the test of time, but is growing in power with increased appreciation beyond us diehard fans.

This focus on Michael's recognition of the planet as a living organism and his use of his unique and exceptional creative gifts to awaken us to the plight of the environment on which our survival depends, makes me want to cheer.

As Ms Bassil writes, "He didn't begin this way as a nine-year-old singing, 'I want you back,' but as he saw the mounting damage to earth's ecosystems and human cruelty to its own species and to nonhumans, he became more and more alarmed."

It takes experience, accumulated knowledge, mature understanding and a broadened world-view to develop the kind of love and appreciation for the environment that Michael revealed to us in "Earth Song" and "Planet Earth".

This booklet is a short, insightful and enjoyable examination at the meaning behind the words, music and visuals that Michael Jackson used to convey to us, and to the world, his most important message.

Back