Confirmed FALSE / Rumor: Neverland Ranch sold to german concert promoter

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
It was said on on of germans biggest TV stations: RTL. They showed a quick interview with the guy "Wolfgang Hammerschmidt "
It was said it was sold for 19 Mio euros. It is being remodeled at the moment with a memorial for Michael and a museum.
It will be open in one year :unsure:

Re: Rumor: Neverland Ranch sold to german concert promoter

Here is a link: http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/exclusiv.html..." Deutscher kauft Michael Jacksons Neverland"
you have to scroll in the middle-here you can find a short video. Its of course in german. It's absolutly nothing else to find in the news. We have to wait and see.

19 millions of euros? It's not possible, it's too cheap for this ranch.

I said this today on Twitter

MJ Estate is going through probate. They cannot sell anything without asking the judge for an approval - (remember when they asked and then cancelled their request to sell Hayvenhurst?).

Therefore I'm thinking it's safe to assume that Estate's share at Neverland has not been sold.

Colony Capital is hard to say.

Here is a link: http://www.rtl.de/cms/news/exclusiv.html..." Deutscher kauft Michael Jacksons Neverland"
you have to scroll in the middle-here you can find a short video. Its of course in german. It's absolutly nothing else to find in the news. We have to wait and see.

can you write what are they saying exactly

can you write what are they saying exactly

I'll have a look, I can understand German.

EDIT:
It starts with that Michael Jackson's famous Neverland now has a German owner. They mention the guy's name and that he bought it for 19 million euro and is now renovating it or is going to (not sure which one it was that they said). The guy says he wants to restore it to as it was and build a memorial and museum there. And then the lady says and a fun park, circus and open concert place. And in one year it will be opened.

This can't be true right???

Last edited:
Moderator "Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch now has a new owner: Wolfgang Hammerschmidt, who has had stars like Guns n Roses under concert contract. He bought MJs estate in LA for 19million €. Right now he is renovating it."

Wolfgang H: "We are considering old photos and description of the crew that used to work there. A memorial is gonna be built and a museum."

Moderator: "The amusement park and the circus and an open air concert plance will be there, too. It is supposed to be opened in 1 year."

I'm going to wait for confirmation from the estate.

Probably colony capital sold % in their possession?

Thanks for the translation. I forwarded it to the MJ Estate Online Team. Let's wait to see what they'll say.

As I said , if you remember when they wanted to buy a new house for Katherine and perhaps sell Hayvenhurst, Estate had gone to the court for judge's approval as they were under probate. I would think that any similar sale of Neverland would have required a similar approval process. And we haven't seen anything like that.

It's relatively hard to say what Colony Capital might be doing or whether this might be a business deal to open Neverland tours and so on. Like I said I forwarded the information - video & translation of the video - to MJ Estate Online Team. We will wait to see what they say.

It cannot be true as if the estate couldn't make museum for Michael in Neverland due to roads, and locals were against any kind of attractions built there (+other reasons), how come this man is planning museum, fun park, circus, open air concert place?

id be surprised if theres any truth in this.

If The Estate doesn't confirm it, I don't believe it and also The Estate poses most of the property, right?

Filmography by Genre for Wolfgang Hammerschmidt

Genre: Biography
Frühlingssinfonie (1983) [producer]
... aka "Spring Symphony" - , USA (DVD title)
Johann Sebastian Bachs vergebliche Reise in den Ruhm (1980) [producer]
[top]Genre: Adventure
Die Besteigung des Chimborazo (1989) [producer]
[top]Genre: Drama
Die Besteigung des Chimborazo (1989) [producer]
[top]Genre: Music
Frühlingssinfonie (1983) [producer]
... aka "Spring Symphony" - , USA (DVD title)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1192656/filmogenre

It looks like at one time he produced some films in the 1980's.

Although, between the taxes and the locals needing to approve a different zoning, I'm not sure this fellow will have enough capital to open "Neverland" as an amusement park or visitor place.

RTL is a trash chanel in Germany

MJ Estate two years ago clearly stated that Neverland was not, and still is NOT FOR SALE.

MJ Estate owns 87,5% of Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC (aka Neverland) and 12,5% Colony Capital.

This is BS and MJ estate will confirm it!

rtl is a trash chanel in germany

^^^this!!! This is the same channel that staged one of the most circulated "hoax death" videos shortly after Michael's passing - I don't even want to know how much pain %^&* like that caused.

I wonder if they
a)made it up
b)willingly get it wrong and bent some planned exhibition/existing agreement etc into 'bought the Ranch'. (with the disclaimer being "we didn't say he bought the WHOLE ranch".

RTL is always willing to stir up nonsense. And they are pretty vulgar when doing so. It's typically "J$%^&", insult here. Who knows who was bored. I wouldn't trust the channel that brought you the first 'hoax' video and then called it an 'experiment'.

Ausserdem erwarte ich doch einen Nachlass beim Eintritt und spende gern 10 Euro als "EU-Zuschlag", oder so.

Last edited:

Would you want to visit Neverland now when its missing Michael who was Neverland's heart & soul in Michael's own words

"Neverland represents the totallity of who I'am"

it will never be the same without Michael

Since people can't currently place their own flowers on his grave - I tend to think that the majority of people would gladly visit Neverland instead of longingly staring at closed gate at Neverland and an equally closed door on Forest Lawn.

i didn't know about forest lawn closing. things must've gotten controversial there.

i didn't know about forest lawn closing. things must've gotten controversial there.

Nonono, not Forest Lawn closing - merely the entrance to the Great Mausoleum. If you are deemed an MJ fan, a truck will drive every 15 minutes or so while you are anywhere close to Holly Terrace, cameras and all.

Forest Lawn is not closed. What Pace was trying to say you cannot go in the building where Michael is laid to rest - as it always been. So the best you can do is to leave flowers by the door. It's currently the same with Neverland - you can at most stand by the outer gate. So opening the doors of Neverland & allowing people inside can attract people.

thiron;3768263 said:
Moderator "Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch now has a new owner: Wolfgang Hammerschmidt, who has had stars like Guns n Roses under concert contract. He bought MJs estate in LA for 19million €. Right now he is renovating it."

Wolfgang H: "We are considering old photos and description of the crew that used to work there. A memorial is gonna be built and a museum."

Moderator: "The amusement park and the circus and an open air concert plance will be there, too. It is supposed to be opened in 1 year."

I have just listened again... and in German is says "Anwesen in L.A." - "Anwesen" in German can mean absolutely anything from estate, to mansion, to 'stately home with extensive yard' and simply 'premise'. It also says he bought the "Anwesen in L.A.". It would be news to me that Neverland Ranch is located in L.A.

Lastly - that's a guy a with a beer in some bar. I tried googling the guy just for an image - at least glance I can't even find a reliable picture. You'd think someone lauded as heavy weight would pop up first thing.
Weird, from IMBD and some German websites - didn't find images so far.

Last edited:

Nonono, not Forest Lawn closing - merely the entrance to the Great Mausoleum. If you are deemed an MJ fan, a truck will drive every 15 minutes or so while you are anywhere close to Holly Terrace, cameras and all.
i should have been clearer. I meant the Michael Jackson section. I guess....I just didn't want to say it.

Forest lawn cant close as it is a funeral place, its just not possible

Guess we should wait Estate's response to Ivy's request...

hmmm, looking into this right now. seems like a disgrace to me!

Back