Cirque du Soleil 'Michael Jackson ONE' permanent Las Vegas show

marc_vivien

Proud Member
I think that the new Cirque show in LV will be called "One". Cirque Jackson I.P., LLC registered the "Michael Jackson One" trademark

http://www.trademarkia.com/michael-jackson-one-85742920.html

Estate's consent letter :

Re: Consent to use and register Michael Jackson as part of the title of the Michael Jackson
Resident Show

To whom it may concern,

The undersigned is a California corporation wholly owned by The Estate of Michael Joseph
Jackson (the "Estate") and, as such, is the owner of various trademarks in the name of
MICHAEL JACKSON throughout the world on behalf of the Estate and this letter has been
prepared and signed in the context of the presentation of a live resident show in Las Vegas,
Nevada based on Michael Jackson's music and songs entitled MICHAEL JACKSON ONE
(hereafter the "Resident Show"), resulting from a collaboration between Cirque du Soleil
(US), Inc. (and one or more related entities) and the Estate of Michael Joseph Jackson
(namely Triumph International, Inc. and one or more related entities), hereafter the resulting
partnership entity is referred to as "Cirque Jackson I.P. LLC".
Subject to and in accordance with the long form agreement(s) (the "Documents") currently
being negotiated by you and us, including without limitation, an appropriate trademark
license agreement, this will confirm that the undersigned (on behalf of itself and its sole
shareholder, the Estate) consents to Cirque Jackson I.P. LLC's use and registration of
MICHAEL JACKSON as part of the title of the Resident Show: MICHAEL JACKSON ONE
and on any Estate-approved promotional, marketing, advertising and/or informational
materials relating to the Resident Show, and/or on or in connection with any Estateapproved
items of merchandise offered in connection with the Resident Show. It is
understood and agreed that the consent hereunder will not affect the rights of the
undersigned to use the Michael Jackson trademark as a standalone mark in all trademark
classes throughout the world.
Respectfully,

TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC.

By:
Mr. John Branca - President

Last edited:
Some previous news stories

Exclusive news about the new Michael Jackson residency show headed to Mandalay Bay this spring. It will not have a title -- just a number. Cirque du Soleil officials are tight-lipped about the numeral they’ve chosen, so the guessing game begins.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/jan/29/wicked-whispers-racy-rumors-michael-jackson-cirque/

----------------

Trademark registration for "Michael Jackson One" by Cirque Jackson I.P., LLC

http://www.trademarkia.com/michael-jackson-one-85742920.html

Re: "Michael Jackson ONE" ..new Cirque du Soleil name for permanent MJ show

Here's the letter that Marc has posted

rv9k5d.jpg

Oh boy I am getting excited all over again. The #1 says it all.

Ivy the estate backed the tour, so now that there is a permanent show, does the show belong to both Cirque & the estate? Is this a case where Cirque Owner gets some money and the estate gets the rest? I see above it says a partnership. Whose money is being used to set up the permanent show before tickets are sold--does it come from both parties?

Expenses are shared 50-50 between Estate and Cirque.

^^OK thank you.

I hope the full scale show with the giving tree and everything will be released on Blu-Ray!

I saw the show live in Denmark, Parken, but it was without the giving tree. - I think the permanent show will be even better than what I saw - even though that was great too!

Exciting times.

ivy;3773822 said:
Exclusive news about the new Michael Jackson residency show headed to Mandalay Bay this spring. It will not have a title -- just a number. Cirque du Soleil officials are tight-lipped about the numeral they’ve chosen, so the guessing game begins.

I always figured it would be "One". Michael Jackson - Seventeen doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Excited. Exciting.

I love it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's down as #1 and not just 'ONE'

Absolutely great... Getting excited all over again. The night I saw cirque was one of the best nights of my life. Thank you Cirque!!!!

Absolutely Genius .. There can only be "ONE"

Prefect! I use to think how they are gonna name the show. ONE :clapping:

Fans on FB thought it would be the number 7. Which I understand cause that's MJs fave number. But, ONE is good too. Make those trying to steal his crown know what time it is! :beee:;D

Last edited:

Well start making plans to Vegas!!! :)

Much better name than Immortal. I never liked that name. 1 is great!

Michael Jackson ONE, Michael Jackson ONE KING OF POP.

I hope I'll be able to go to Vegas to see the permanent show in 2014 or 2015!

I really wanted them to come to Brazil. :(

Immortal is touring well into next year so they probably will. This has nothing to do with Immortal. It is a separate show.

Perfect name. The only "one", the world's number "one", "one" of a kind, THE "one" and only MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!!!!

GUESSING GAME: Officials from Cirque du Soleil and the executors of the Michael Jackson Estate confirmed Tuesday that they will reveal details and the title of the new Mandalay Bay residency show at a media conference Feb. 21. The guessing game has started as to whether it will be known as “MJ1” or “MJ One” -- or with his name spelled out when they unveil the logo.

Show Director Jamie King and Creation Director Welby Altidor will be there with legal eagle John Branca, who runs the estate, plus, Cirque President Daniel Lamarre. Vegas DeLuxe has reported that the cast from Montreal headquarters begins rehearsals before month’s end in the theater now that construction is complete, with previews commencing May 23 ahead of the June 21 gala premiere.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/feb/13/strip-scribbles-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-models/

ivy;3777338 said:
GUESSING GAME: Officials from Cirque du Soleil and the executors of the Michael Jackson Estate confirmed Tuesday that they will reveal details and the title of the new Mandalay Bay residency show at a media conference Feb. 21. The guessing game has started as to whether it will be known as “MJ1” or “MJ One” -- or with his name spelled out when they unveil the logo.

Show Director Jamie King and Creation Director Welby Altidor will be there with legal eagle John Branca, who runs the estate, plus, Cirque President Daniel Lamarre. Vegas DeLuxe has reported that the cast from Montreal headquarters begins rehearsals before month’s end in the theater now that construction is complete, with previews commencing May 23 ahead of the June 21 gala premiere.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/feb/13/strip-scribbles-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-models/

:woohoo:
kermit.gif

Immortal's a better name then '1' because MJ is just that - Immortal. When I saw the 02 show that kind of proved that for me, but I don't know '1' just isn't clicking yet for me.

1 or One, it is working for me. Michael is the ONE, which means no one can take his place!!!!!

I am thinking of making some jewelry of that logo already!! The other logo I like I think Weisner owns it, so it would be great to have a logo that does not belong to that person.

Back