Today in Michael Jackson History February 18th

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History February 18th

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 The Jacksons perform the 2nd of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Manchester, UK.

1981 "Can You Feel It" enters the UK pop singles chart where it will peak at No 6 during a fifteen week run.

1984 "Thriller" enters the Top 10 in its second week on the charts the first single to achieve this feat since John Lennon's Imagine hit the Top Ten in its second week in 1971. It is also the highest debuting single since Lennon's Imagine. Thriller is also the fifth Top Five single from the album of the same name, making Michael the first artist in music history to achieve seven Top 10 singles from one album.

1986 Fourteen year old heart transplant patient, Donna Ashlock from Patterson in California, receives a call from MJ after he learns she is a devoted fan. Michael wishes her well and invites her to visit him at the Encino family home once she is feeling better. The visit took place on March 8 and Donna stayed for lunch, played with Bubbles and watched a movie with Michael at the Encino home.

1988 The Last day of rehearsals for the BAD tour's second leg at the Pensacola Civic Center in Florida.

1989 'Leave Me Alone' enters the Top 100 singles chart in Britain peaking at number 2 and remains on the charts for nine weeks. The 7" single is also issued as a limited edition pop-up sleeve.

1989 "Moonwalker" replaced "E.T. The Extra Terrestrial" at #1 on the Billboard Video Sales chart.

1996 Michael arrives in London from Rio with the Cascio children after he finishing shooting his Short Film of "They Don’t Care About Us" directed by Spike Lee.

2002 At the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Skaters Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz of Canada come in fourth place in the competition, skating to a medly of Michael's Jackson songs. They began their routine with 'Billie Jean', followed by 'In The Closet', 'Smile', ending with 'Don't Stop Till You Get Enough'.

Santa Barbara Police /Family services dept. opens an investigation on Michael Jackson based on a letter from Gloria Allred & Carol Lieberman. This is over Michael's own children brought on by Allred because of the Bashir documentary and Michael holding Blanket out the window, to show his fans. When Michael was asked on the street by a reporter what he thought of Gloria Allred's actions in filing the report, He stated: "Ah tell her to go to hell" Showing he was angry over her meddling. Family services went to Michael's home to interview and see living conditions for the children. Katherine Jackson stated she was present when they came to the home and was very upset MJ's parenting would be questioned. They found nothing wrong and close the case.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

148zvde.jpg

Michael Jackson on the set of "Leave Me Alone" short film

SONG OF THE DAY

'Leave Me Alone' Michael Jackson short film

[video=youtube_share;crbFmpezO4A]http://youtu.be/crbFmpezO4A[/video]
http://youtu.be/crbFmpezO4A

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Moonwalker Movie Trailer Trailer 1989
[video=youtube_share;KMzVTeLZIxA]http://youtu.be/KMzVTeLZIxA[/video]
http://youtu.be/KMzVTeLZIxA

Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz skating to medley of MJ songs 2002
[video=youtube_share;lmpChupj_RY]http://youtu.be/lmpChupj_RY[/video]
http://youtu.be/lmpChupj_RY

Michael Jackson's message for Gloria Allred 2003
[video=youtube_share;KaBBy06xAlc]http://youtu.be/KaBBy06xAlc[/video]
http://youtu.be/KaBBy06xAlc

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I've been in the entertainment industry since I was six-years-old ...
As Charles Dickens says, 'It's seen the best of times, the worst of
times.' But I would not change my career ... While some have made
deliberate attempts to hurt me, I take it in stride because I have a
loving family, a strong faith and wonderful friends and fans who have,
and continue, to support me."
(2007)

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy February ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - MJ Calendar 2013 in Legacy Project

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

Michael was certainly an angel sent from heaven, but he could be a feisty one. Especially toward a scummy lawyer like Gloria Allred.

Thank you again qbee, I love these Today in MJ History threads!

"2003 Santa Barbara Police /Family services dept. opens an investigation on Michael Jackson based on a letter from Gloria Allred & Carol Lieberman. This is over Michael's own children brought on by Allred because of the Bashir documentary and Michael holding Blanket out the window, to show his fans. When Michael was asked on the street by a reporter what he thought of Gloria Allred's actions in filing the report, He stated: "Ah tell her to go to hell" Showing he was angry over her meddling. Family services went to Michael's home to interview and see living conditions for the children. Katherine Jackson stated she was present when they came to the home and was very upset MJ's parenting would be questioned. They found nothing wrong and close the case."

Gloria is one sick woman:puke:
Thank God for the people like Brian May.

Brian May: “What Has Happened To The World?”

Brian May spoke out for Michael Jackson on his official web site, BrianMay.com, under “Brian’s Soapbox” on Wednesday, November 26.

Reacting to Gloria Allred’s continued campaign to remove Michael’s children from their father caused May to respond”My God – What has happened to the world? Where did our ‘civilisation’ go? “Innocent until proven guilty? And this vindictive woman wants to take a man’s children away from Michael Jackson before the trial has even started, let alone been concluded with a verdict which would justify such a course???”

Reactions: EML
Oh that Gloria, if only Michael had stuck up 1 taped finger at her, it would make me happy. TMez said that Michael was very scared during the trial that they would take his children away. Poor Michael....

That was nice of Brian may to stick up for Michael like that. I can't stand Gloria Allred. All she does is defend mistresses of athletes or whoever. It disgusts me the way people kicked Michael when he was down. Shame on them.

Since when Gloria Retard is the epitome of morality and good costumes!? :wtf2 Defending mistresses doesn't exactly show that.

Thank you Brian May for your sensibility! :clapping:

^^Interesting how all these adults used the allegations to pretend how upright and moral they were--people like diamond, Allred, Bashir to name a few. Bashir acting as though he saved Paris at the zoo, and telling Michael he should not go there with his kids & he should go when the zoo closes. So basically Michael was not allowed to go out with his children because reporters plagued him & even if it was the reporters who put the kids in danger, Michael was blamed. Unbelievable. Why didn't Allred show the photo of the reporters squashing Michael & children & ask authorities to bring them up on charges of child endangerment?

^Also Bashit twisted the zoo incident, the zoo people made Michael believe it was gonna be closed for the general public. It wasn't Michael's fault that visit went so wrong, it was paparazzi's and the zoo people. But it's easier to blame the super star Michael to make him look like the villain and having 15 minutes fame. SMH

^Also Bashit twisted the zoo incident, the zoo people made Michael believe it was gonna be closed for the general public. It wasn't Michael's fault that visit went so wrong, it was paparazzi's and the zoo people. But it's easier to blame the super star Michael to make him look like the villain and having 15 minutes fame. SMH

True, which brings me to my next complaint. They always complain that Michael separates himself from people & spends too much money;so by Bashit telling him he should go when the zoo is closed, doesn't Michael have to pay thousands for this privilege plus he is forced, due to safety measures, to do something fun away from other people? The thing is they create situations, which force Michael to take certain actions, and then blame him because he has to take those actions. Then, when he does not take those same actions which they criticize, they blame him again and call him strange & a spender. He really could not win either way.

Back