The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
Marc Webb is directing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and the release date is May 2, 2014. The first one was a good reboot in my opinion but not the best Spider-Man movie. I hope this one will be better. Andrew Garfield will contiue as Spidey and the villian will this time be Electro played by Jamie Foxx. They are filming the movie right now. Here is synopsis:

"In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) finds, life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175195-exclusive-first-look-at-the-new-spider-man-costume

New costume has been revealed!:
spidermansmallnew.jpg

The new costume looks awesome. I didn't have a problem with the last one but this one is a huge improvement.

Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man at comic con

Andrew Garfield IS Spider-Man. He really gets the character

Trailer!:

This movie doesn't look very good. I really hope they prove me wrong.

If they ever decide to use The Vulture in a future film then I think that Robert Englund would be perfect for the role

Just got back from seeing this and it was awesome! This is the best Spider-Man film yet. It had everything that I wanted to see in a Spider-Man film. Action, drama and humor, and Andrew Garfield killed it. His performance was fantastic

Got back from it a few hours ago and wow was it was amazingly fgfinfffingg cool.
Didn't think they would nail it with the sequel but they did So one thousand top marks from me too.

.... You have to see it .

Excellent script flow !!!!!!!!!
I Love Mark Webb's direction.
Now....Where's the third ?
:D

Last edited:
Got back from it a few hours ago and wow was it was amazingly fgfinfffingg cool.
Didn't think they would nail it with the sequel but they did So one thousand top marks from me too.

.... You have to see it .

Excellent script flow !!!!!!!!!
I Love Mark Webb's direction.
Now....Where's the third ?
:D
3rd film is coming June 10, 2016.

This was ok. It had many good things but also many bad things. Overall it was great and Garfield was good as Peter/Spidey but villians could have been much better. Electro was good but I didn't like Green Goblin and Rhino at all. The Goblin in this movie makes the 2002 version look good.

3/5

This was ok. It had many good things but also many bad things. Overall it was great and Garfield was good as Peter/Spidey but villians could have been much better. Electro was good but I didn't like Green Goblin and Rhino at all. The Goblin in this movie makes the 2002 version look good.

3/5
Would hardly call it "ok" and could not disagree with you more cus I liked Dane DaHaan's Green Goblin and Jamie Foxx's Electro. Paul Giamatti was kinda over the top as Rhino. I still love Andrew's Peter Parker/Spider-Man more than Tobey Maguire's. TASM2 is my 2nd favorite Spider-Man film behind sam raimi's SM2.

Last edited:
Would hardly call it "ok" and could not disagree with you more cus I liked Dane DaHaan's Green Goblin and Jamie Foxx's Electro. Paul Giamatti was kinda over the top as Rhino. I still love Andrew's Peter Parker/Spider-Man more than Tobey Maguire's. TASM2 is my 2nd favorite Spider-Man film behind sam raimi's SM2.

DeHaan was great as Harry but I didn't like the Green Goblin part. Also the Goblin felt really rushed and he had too little screen time. The fight in Spider-Man(2002) was awesome:

Willem Dafoe was perfect. His Goblin voice and laugh are just awesome.

DeHaan was great as Harry but I didn't like the Green Goblin part. Also the Goblin felt really rushed and he had too little screen time. The fight in Spider-Man(2002) was awesome:

Willem Dafoe was perfect. His Goblin voice and laugh are just awesome.
Thing is you already know who the green goblin is. Do you really need him to be explained all over again for you? I'd say that crushes the so-called "overcrowded villains" claim. You couldn't ever see his face (Willem Dafoe) and his suit made him look like a villain from Power Rangers.

Do NOT watch this video unless you've seen the movie or don't care about spoilers. You have been warned.

I liked Andrew more than Tobey as well, he's more credible and likable but the movie f*cked up villains. Electro was made a stalker forever alone, they put many scenes with him and it didn't even work, the Green Goblin wears a mask, he's not an infected zombie. He was put in a rush as wel as Rhino. I remember he wore a rhinocerus costume or was hybrid, not a robot.

Willem Defoe was better Goblin, I agree.

I liked Andrew more than Tobey as well, he's more credible and likable but the movie f*cked up villains. Electro was made a stalker forever alone, they put many scenes with him and it didn't even work, the Green Goblin wears a mask, he's not an infected zombie. He was put in a rush as wel as Rhino. I remember he wore a rhinocerus costume or was hybrid, not a robot.

Willem Defoe was better Goblin, I agree.
You do realize it was always known the rhino wasn't gonna be in the film a lot right? I disagree about Electro cus I found him to have more character than dr. connors from the first TASM movie. As for the green goblin I like this one more than Willem Defoe cus honestly he looked more like a villain from Power Rangers.

Last edited:
Actually in the Ultimate world he looks like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_the_Green_Goblin#Ultimate_Marvel

The filmmakers are taking ideas from there too. The biggest mistake they did about this in my opion was to make Harry the Goblin before Norman.

Yeah, Norman Osborn was the original Goblin and in the movie they made Harry the first one, WRONG!

Reading the link you posted, the movies have been pretty square. I wonder if those comics were published. I haven't read Spider Man's just watched the cartoons and movies.

Yeah which is where TASM2 took elements from hence why electro is blue and not yellow.

It also makes sense him to be blue because real electricity is mostly bluish when we see it. I don't think it would look good if Electro shot yellow electricity from his hands in a live action movie. Blue just looks better. :)

Back