Mr. Pecchi responded to my Email!!

charismatic

Proud Member
Kerry, hello.

We started out in Tokyo with 1 beta cam and soon purchased a 35mm BL 4 and a 16mm camera. Eventually our crew grew to 5 and we shot miles of color neg at shows in Tokyo and Osaka. Moved on to Australia and more shows. I was his DP/director until we came back to the US to regroup for Europe. Several changes happened and I quit the show. A few of our original crew continued, but I departed.

Miles of 35 neg, shows, interviews, moments with MJ, some great stuff. I Have no idea where the footage is now. Rather certain entire UK show was filmed.
Later..bp

Last edited:
All, Mr. Pecchi is the director that Michael Jackson wrote the letter to explaining to how vitally important it was for him to capture the performances in the best way. He says they filmed entire concerts during that tour so here its is straight from the director in charge of capturing the Bad Tour on Film. I just hope they find this footage because as Much as i love the DVD we got, it's so hard to watch after seeing the Blu Ray footage of Man In The Mirror. It is simply amazing, so The Estate just has to find that footage! Maybe some of this footage will be included in the Bad 25 Blu Ray!

This is pretty interesting and thanks for posting. Wonder why no one showed some interest in this thread as we all want to see the footage of the BWT.

So there ARE film reels!

Great news. Thanks for asking him.

Last edited:
Back