Judith Hill, Michael Jackson’s Former This Is It Duet Partner is allready ‘Voice’ Frontrunner

bluesky

Proud Member
thevoice-hill.jpg

"The Voice" has had a long history of alums with serious showbiz experience--Season 1 winner Javier Colon was once signed to Capitol Records and fronted the Derek Trucks Band; Season 2 winner Jermaine Paul was Alicia Keys's backup singer; and reigning champion Cassadee Pope used to sing for the Pete Wentz-championed Decaydence/Columbia Records emo-pop band Hey Monday. But one Blind Auditioner for "The Voice" Season 4, which premieres in less than a week, just may have the most impressive résumé yet. And she just may be the next "Voice" winner.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="288" scrolling="no" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=ww9xov_x7kseckw_eiuuoq&partner=yahoo&uri=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hulu.com%2fwatch%2f468943" width="512"></iframe>

That contestant's name is Judith Hill, and if she looks and sounds familiar, there's good reason for that. The 28-year-old diva was hired to be Michael Jackson's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" duet partner for his This Is It tour in 2009, and after that tour was cancelled due to his tragic death, she performed "Heal The World" at his memorial, which was viewed by more than a billion people around the globe and by 31 million people in the U.S. alone. It's quite possible that you were one of those billion viewers, and that Judith made an immense impression on you with her immense talent.

Judith tells "Voice" producers that her "phone went crazy" with offers from record labels after her Michael memorial performance at Los Angeles's Staples Center, but that she thought the timing was wrong and it would be in poor taste to capitalize on his passing. (She did release an MJ tribute, "I Will Always Be Missing You," but it was only available as a free download from her website and then later as a charity single on iTunes, with all proceeds going to Childhelp U.S.) Now, however, Judith believes it's finally her time to shine&#8230;and that time will come on Monday, March 25, when her audition airs during "The Voice" Season 4's big premiere.

Obviously there will be many other Blind Auditions that follow Judith's, and if Season 4's talent level is anywhere near the level of Season 3 (arguably the best "Voice" season yet), she will face some stiff competition. But she already looks like the one to beat this year. In a new Season 4 preview clip, her cover of on-hiatus judge Christina Aguilera's "What A Girl Wants" inspires all four judges (including newbies Usher and Shakira) to spin their chairs, and then those judges get out of their chairs in a unison standing ovation. The ultra-competitive Adam Levine even stands on topof his chair in an attempt to persuade Judith to join his team. "You're the first person who's come on this show and done a Christina Aguilera song as well as Christina Aguilera," Adam tells Judith. And if Xtina was still on the panel this season, she might even agree.

You'll have to wait until next Monday to see which coach Judith chooses (whichever one it is, that coach will have a very strong advantage this season), but in the meantime, check out Judith's amazing Michael Jackson memorial performance from July 7, 2009:

<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pd4UXi5n1V0?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>

http://ca.music.yahoo.com/blogs/rea...tner-already-voice-frontrunner-012821287.html

Judith tells "Voice" producers that her "phone went crazy" with offers from record labels after her Michael memorial performance at Los Angeles's Staples Center, but that she thought the timing was wrong and it would be in poor taste to capitalize on his passing. (She did release an MJ tribute, "I Will Always Be Missing You," but it was only available as a free download from her website and then later as a charity single on iTunes, with all proceeds going to Childhelp U.S.) Now, however, Judith believes it's finally her time to shine&#8230;and that time will come on Monday, March 25, when her audition airs during "The Voice" Season 4's big premiere.
And for that she gets my vote! I was already planning to watch The Voice anyways again cause of the new coaches. But, now even more! =)

Thanks MsMo :) rather then merge I think we will allow one in news and one in Music its the Biz for those who want to follow Judith's carreer.

:cheeky:

Michael personally picked her and coached her ( who can forget him teaching her how to face the audience to end the song "I Just can't Stop Loving You") for TII.
She has my support and my votes when the time comes.

I wish she picked Usher too But she feels Adam is more diverse for what she wants to do?! Either way I'm still voting for her. Although Adam is already raven over another artist on his Team and feels she can win now... so....? =/

&#8216;Voice&#8217; Frontrunner Judith Hill Talks Michael Jackson Past & Usher&#8217;s Memory Lapse

When Judith Hill auditioned on "The Voice" Season 4's premiere this week, she wowed all four coaches and 13 million-plus viewers with her dynamite diva vocals. But this wasn't the first time that she'd performed for a massive TV audience: Back in 2009, Judith was hired to be Michael Jackson's duet partner for his This Is ItLondon shows, and when those concerts were cancelled after Michael's shocking death, she sang "Heal The World" at his Staples Center memorial service, which was viewed by more than a billionpeople around the world. It was a performance to remember, for sure. But bizarrely, new "Voice" judge Usher, who also performed at the Jackson memorial and actually stood onstage behind Judith that day, didn't recognize her when she tried out for "The Voice"--not when he spun his chair around, and not even when she said her name.

<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pd4UXi5n1V0?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>
Speaking to Yahoo! Music's Reality Rocks, Judith says she and Usher did briefly interact backstage at the memorial--but she doesn't seem too surprised, or insulted, that Usher doesn't remember her four years later. "The night before the rehearsal, which was a very sobering rehearsal, kind of teary-eyed, I just kind of passed by him and gave him a respectful head-nod," she recalls. "And he gave me a head-nod back, but that was really the extent of our communication. So I wasn't sure if he was going to recognize me when his chair turned. And he didn't--so that was interesting, you know?"
So, did Judith (who eventually joined Adam Levine's team, not Usher's) try to jog Usher's memory after their reunion on "The Voice"? Says Judith: "No, I didn't even bring it up; we haven't had any discussion about Michael or anything like that. I haven't seen him since the Blind Auditions. There was so much going on, it's hard to even ask someone to remember you. But I'll be curious to see if he remembers me, or if he puts the pieces together. And that should be interesting!"

Considering how spectacular Judith's MJ memorial performance truly was--Usher may not remember it vividly, but many other music fans do--it's hard to believe that she even needed to go on a show like "The Voice" to advance her career. Judith says she did receive plenty of music-business offers after that fateful day in 2009, but she was wary of moving forward. "It was so overwhelming, with all of these different people from the whole world calling me up, and I just needed time to process that," she explains. "Michael had just passed, and it was just a really, really intense time. I'm glad I didn't make any rash decisions or try to capitalize on that moment, that I just really took the time to process it and really figure myself out as well.
"I had all sorts of weirdos coming at me [with possibly shady offers], and I didn't know who to trust," Judith admits. "I was kind of overwhelmed. You know, a lot of people may promise you the world or say certain things. I did get into a few different situations, and I learned quickly that these people weren't right for me or they had other motives that weren't clean. I learned a lot. It was good to go through that process and realize that I've got to be careful."
And what did Judith, who hasn't ruled out doing a Michael Jackson cover on "The Voice" if it feels right, learn from her brief time working closely with the one and only King Of Pop? "Oh, my goodness, I learned so much from him," she raves. "I mean, the fact that he was a perfectionist&#8230;I learned, more than anything, to dream big and really have your imagination be big, and to work hard to make that dream possible. Michael had such dreams for the stage, like he was so picky about the particular lighting or how the drums should sound&#8230;it really challenged me to figure out what mydreams were, and work really hard. Michael was the hardest-working man in the business, and it was incredible seeing him and working with him."
<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q8Hwp_xF_GY?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>
Certainly Judith's experience with Michael should help her on "The Voice"--after all, if she has worked with a legend like MJ, then teaming up with Adam Levine should be a breeze, and if she has already performed on live television for a billion viewers, then nothing about being on "The Voice" should feel intimidating, right? Well, Judith admits that her illustrious professional background will give her some advantage in this competition, but confesses: "I still get nervous. I was jittery at my 'Voice' audition! I found myself feeling more nervous at the Blind Auditions than I did with my other [performance] experiences, because this is a singing competition and basically they're judging you, versus being on a stage where there are no chairs turning. There's so much pressure to perform well--they're going to judge you, they're going to pair you up with someone, they're going to eliminate you&#8230;there's a lot of that sort of thinking. I've never experienced that in my life, so this is really hard for me, and I've had a lot of anxiety. The concept of it being a contest has been really hard for me to digest, so I think the most important thing I've got to do is find my Zen and my calm and just be who I am, and not worry about people judging me."
Speaking of judges, will Judith ever give Usher a hard time about his little embarrassing memory lapse (which was sort of similar to the one that previous "Voice" judge Christina Aguilera had in Season 2, when she initially failed to recognize her old "Mickey Mouse Club" castmate Tony Lucca)? Judith laughs, "Oh, yeah, if the time comes, I'll be like, 'Hey, it's me!'" Let's hope the NBC cameras capture that exchange when and if it happens (that'd be some TV gold), but regardless, it's certain that Usher will never forget Judith Hill again.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/voice-frontrunner-judith-hill-talk-michael-jackson-past-

Ok, now the Usher thing makes sense. On The Voice forums, others had wondered why did Usher act as if he had never saw Judith before.

And I just fear that Sara will in the end be Adam's top priority because last I saw, Sara was topping Judith on itunes. Hopefully as the show progresses Judith continues to shine while Sara falters and makes it hard for Adam to dismiss her.

is this programme like the bristih 'the voice'?
why would judith need to go on it?

Thing is Usher was obviously very upset at the memorial, so probably wasn't really focusing on what was going on around him so maybe he genuinely didn't remember seeing her before??

Paris Jackso&#951;@ParisJackson25 Mär
@Judith_Hill you go girl

Judith Hill@Judith_Hill
@ParisJackson thanks Paris!! Much love to you Retweetet von Paris Jackso&#951; :)

I wish her all the best and hope she wins! She's a talented and gorgeous lady and I'm sure she can do whatever she sets her mind to :yes:

Congrats to Judith for making the final 4 on Adam's team.

The live shows and voting begins next week.

A great performance from both of them - Judith looks so beautiful here
It's nice to see they get along so well. :)

Judith Hill vs. Karina Iglesias - The Voice Highlight

[video=youtube_share;0yWFz7ZXhuU]http://youtu.be/0yWFz7ZXhuU[/video]
http://youtu.be/0yWFz7ZXhuU

The Voice's Judith Hill & Karina Iglesias Spoof "It's A Man's World" in Japonespañol :)

[video=youtube_share;aW4lUbiK13A]http://youtu.be/aW4lUbiK13A[/video]
http://youtu.be/aW4lUbiK13A

But bizarrely, new "Voice" judge Usher, who also performed at the Jackson memorial and actually
stood onstage behind Judith that day, didn't recognize her when she tried out for "The Voice"--not when he spun his chair around, and not even when she said her name.
Really? I missed that. Maybe that's why she didn't pick him as her coach, lol,
which I was for sure she would because of the connection.

Back