Michael and his love for animals

MIST

Proud Member
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Mahatma Gandhi

In this case I would say the greatness of a man can be judged by the way he treats animals

Michael Jackson and The Tree

One day in the spring, back before the Thriller days, Majestik and fledgling super star but not yet King of Pop, Michael were at the compound at Hayvenhurst, the Jackson home, just hanging out together. They were headed down the driveway to the studio at the back of the property. They were bantering back and forth in conversation while walking along. Majestik was talking to Michael when he realized Michael was no longer next to him but was leaning down looking at the ground and crying.

He said “Michael, What are you doing?” Michael responded with tears streaming down his face,

“Look it’s a baby bird and its dead!”

Majestik not being of the same soft heart for nature as MJ and with his mind on where he was heading said “Michael, it is just a bird. There’s nothin’ you can do about it now. Man, its dead. Come on. We got to go. Let’s go.”Michael stood up and looked at him and in his soft voice and from his huge heart pleaded, “Majestik, this was a living creature with a heart and a soul just like us. We have to do something!” Majestik emphatically insisted, “What are you gonna do, Michael? It’s already dead. There’s nothing you can do now.” As he is trying to convince Michael to just keep walking he realizes Michael is now down on the ground on his knees, digging a hole with his bare hands to bury the bird, while saying

“We have to bury it. We have to bury this bird. We can’t just leave it here and we HAVE to say a prayer for this bird.”

He then finishes digging the hole, places the bird in the hole and covers it with dirt, as he finishes burying the bird he pats the ground gently with his hand, then stands and insists that Majestik stand right there with him over the new grave of the fallen bird while together they say a prayer. Michael leads the two of them in a prayer and asks God to bless the little baby bird and take it to heaven.

They are done praying and Majestik again tries to spur Michael on saying, “Ok, come on now. Come on. We got work to do. Let’s go! We’re done. Let’s go now!” But Michael is riveted and ignoring his pleas, instead looks up realizing the baby bird had fallen to its death out of a nearby tree. Suddenly he ascends up into the tree. Climbing the tree to the spot of the bird’s nest, where he then carefully fixes the nest so no more birdie babies will fall out and die.

His mission for God that spring day complete, he then climbs down. Brushes himself off and continues on with Majestik to the studio to work.

Source: http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2010/07/v-behaviorurldefaultvml-o.html

Tweeted via @MJJCLegacyTeam I've always loved this story since I read it in 2009.
:angel: :heart: Thank You for posting this here. :heart: :angel:

35klv5t.jpg

Last edited:
Look Again, Baby Seal

One of the most touching nature photographs is of a baby fur seal lying on the ice alone. I'm sure you have seen it in the picture seems to be all eyes, the trusting dark eyes of a small animal gazing up at the camera and into your heart. When I first looked at them, the eyes asked, "Are you going to hurt me?" I knew the answer was yes, because thousands of baby seals were being killed every year.

Many people were touched by one baby seal's helplessness. They gave money to save the seals, and public awareness started to shift. As I returned to the picture, those two wide eyes began to say something different. Now they asked, "Do you know me?" This time I didn't feel so much heartache as when I felt the violence man inflicts upon animals. But I realized that there was still a big gap. How much did I really know about life on earth? What responsibility did I feel for creatures outside my little space? How could I lead my life so that every cell of living matter was also benefited?

Everyone who began to wonder about these things found, I think, that their feelings were shifting away from fear toward more closeness with life as a whole. The beauty and wonder of life began to seem very personal; the possibility of making the planet a garden for all of us to grow in began to dawn. I looked into the eyes of the baby seal, and for the first time they smiled. "Thank you," they said. "You have given me hope."

Is that enough? Hope is such a beautiful word, but it often seems very fragile. Life is still being needlessly hurt and destroyed. The image of one baby seal alone on the ice or one baby girl orphaned in war is still frightening in its helplessness. I realized that nothing would finally save life on earth but trust in life itself, in its power to heal, in its ability to survive our mistakes and welcome us back when we learn to correct those mistakes.

With these thoughts in my heart, I looked at the picture again. The seal's eyes seemed much deeper now, and I saw something in them that I had missed before: unconquerable strength. "You have not hurt me," they said. "I am not one baby alone. I am life, and life can never be killed. It is the power that brought me forth from the emptiness of space; it cared for me and nourished my existence against all dangers. I am safe because I am that power. And so are you. Be with me, and let us feel the power of life together, as one creature here on earth."

Baby seal, forgive us. Look at us again and again to see how we are doing. Those men who raise their clubs over you are also fathers and brothers and sons. They have loved and cared for others. One day they will extend that love to you. Be sure of it and trust.

Michael Jackson - Dancing The Dream Poems and Reflections

Last edited:

So the Elephants March

A curious fact about elephants is this: In order to survive, they mustn't fall down. Every other animal can stumble and get back up again. But an elephant always stands up, even to sleep. If one of the herd slips and falls, it is helpless. It lies on its side, a prisoner of its own weight. Although the other elephants will press close around it in distress and try to lift it up again, there isn't usually much they can do. With slow heaving breaths, the fallen elephant dies. The others stand vigil, then slowly move on.

This is what I learned from nature books, but I wonder if they are right. Isn't there another reason why elephants can't fall down? Perhaps they have decided not to. Not to fall down is their mission. As the wisest and most patient of the animals, they made a pact, I imagine it was eons ago, when the ice ages were ending. Moving in great herds across the face of the earth, the elephants first spied tiny men prowling the tall grasses with their flint spears.

"What fear and anger this creature has," the elephants thought. "But he is going to inherit the earth. We are wise enough to see that. Let us set an example for him."

Then the elephants put their grizzled heads together and pondered. What kind of example could they show to man? They could show him that their power was much greater that his, for that was certainly true. They could display their anger before him, which was terrible enough to uproot whole forests. Or they could lord it over man through fear, trampling his fields and crushing his huts.

In moments of great frustration, wild elephants will do all of these things, but as a group, putting their heads together, they decided that man would learn best from a kinder message.

"Let us show him our reverence for life," they said. And from that day on, elephants have been silent, patient, peaceful creatures. They let men ride them and harness them like slaves. They permit children to laugh at their tricks in the circus, exiled from the great African plains where they once lived as lords.

But the elephants' most important message is in their movement. For they know that to live is to move. Dawn after dawn, age after age, the herds march on, one great mass of life that never falls down, an unstoppable force of peace.

Innocent animals, they do not suspect that after all this time, they will fall from a bullet by the thousands. They will lie in the dust, mutilated by our shameless greed. The great males fall first, so that their tusks can be made into trinkets. Then the females fall, so that men may have trophies. The babies run screaming from the smell of their own mothers' blood, but it does them no good to run from the guns. Silently, with no one to nurse them, they will die, too, and all their bones bleach in the sun.

In the midst of so much death, the elephants could just give up. All they have to do is drop to the ground. That is enough. They don't need a bullet: Nature has given them the dignity to lie down and find their rest. But they remember their ancient pact and their pledge to us, which is sacred.

So the elephants march on, and every tread beats out words in the dust: "Watch, learn, love. Watch, learn, love." Can you hear them? One day in shame, the ghosts of ten thousand lords of the plains will say, "We do not hate you. Don't you see at last? We were willing to fall, so that you, dear small ones, will never fall again."

Michael Jackson - Dancing The Dream Poems and Reflections

I used to be really afraid of certain animals. But when I was seeing them i used to be real scared, but when i began thinking about his love for animals, i wasnt anymore. And I even got an animal

Goodall: Chimps' plight inspired Jackson's 'Heal the World'

Mamoni Valley Preserve, Panama (CNN) -- A famed primatologist says the plight of chimpanzees helped inspire Michael Jackson to write the song "Heal the World."

But the theme and the lyrics of the song turned out to be about a better world for humanity.

"He wrote what he told me he thought was his most powerful song ever, but it didn't end up for animals," Jane Goodall said in a CNN interview Thursday night.

Goodall spoke exclusively to CNN in a Panamanian rain forest where she is exploring a partnership on behalf of Roots & Shoots, her global youth education program.

The interview comes as a new version of the song, first released on Jackson's 1991 "Dangerous" album, is being recorded by a collection of artists for release in late October.

Goodall became friends with Jackson about 20 years ago when he invited her to his Neverland Ranch, where "he talked about his dreams for the place to have animals running, looking free like they would in the wild. ... It was just a very charming day, very low key, nobody else was there," she said.

Goodall, famous for her 50 years of groundbreaking research on chimpanzees in Africa, said Jackson invited her because "he loved what I did."

"He loved chimpanzees," she said. "He loved to watch them feeding. He liked their faces. They made him smile."

Years later, she met Jackson's chimp, Bubbles, and has visited him at his retirement refuge in Florida, she said.

"He's extremely handsome," she said. "He's a beautiful, beautiful chimp. So, he was rescued in time from this life of being inappropriately dressed up and carted around like a little symbol."

Goodall, whose life has been spent understanding chimpanzees, said she found Jackson to be "a sad person."

"In some ways, he was like a child, and a very sweet and gentle child, and he wanted me to tell him many, many stories," she said. "Stories about the chimpanzees, the forests, animals, anything. He told me he liked the way I told stories."

Goodall, who travels the world to promote protection of endangered chimps, said she had hoped Jackson would help get her message out.

"I said to him, 'You know, Michael, if you want to help, you could do a concert and give us a percentage. Or much better, write a song,' " she said.

Jackson asked her for tapes of animals in distress because "he wanted to be angry and cry" as he wrote the song, which became "Heal the World," she said.

The original CD cover notes credited Goodall for inspiring the song, she said.

But, she added, the Jane Goodall Institute never saw any money from the song.

Jackson later created the "Heal the World Foundation," which he funded with a series of concerts. The group delivered millions of dollars of relief to children around the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/24/ent.jackson.goodall/index.html?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ

It´s possible that fans gave money to the Jane Goodall insitute, Michael wanted to help so many he couldn´t give to all of them alone.
Heal the world is on the list of Goodalls favorite music..

"He wrote what he told me he thought was his most powerful song ever, but it didn't end up for animals," Jane Goodall said in a CNN interview Thursday night.

I wonder if Jane has ever heard Earth Song. Seems like she doesn't know about it.

Jackson asked her for tapes of animals in distress because "he wanted to be angry and cry" as he wrote the song

I can believe he could have been inspired by it when he wrote Earth Song and the video for it

Enough for Today

Dance rehearsals can go on past midnight, but this time I stopped at ten. "I hope you don't mind," I said, looking up into space, "but that's enough for today."

A voice from the control room spoke. "You okay?"

"A little tired, I guess," I said.

I slipped on a windbreaker and headed down the hall. Running footsteps came up behind me. I was pretty sure who they belonged to. "I know you too well," she said, catching up with me. "What's really wrong?"

I hesitated. "Well, I don't know how this sounds, but I saw a picture today in the papers. A dolphin had drowned in a fishing net. From the way its body was tangled in the lines, you could read so much agony. Its eyes were vacant, yet there was still that smile, the one dolphins never lose, even when they die..." My voice trailed off.

She put her hand lightly in mine. "I know, I know."

"No, you don't know all of it yet. It's not just that I felt sad, or had to face the fact that an innocent being had died. Dolphins love to dance, of all the creatures in the sea, that's their mark. Asking nothing from us, they cavort in the waves while we marvel. They race ahead of ships, not to get there first but to tell us, 'It's all meant to be play. Keep to your course, but dance while you do it.'

"So there I was, in the middle of rehearsal, and I thought, 'They're killing a dance.' And then it seemed only right to stop. I can't keep the dance from being killed, but at least I can pause in memory, as one dancer to another. Does that make any sense?"

Her eyes were tender. "Sure, in its way. Probably we'll wait years before everyone agrees on how to solve this thing. So many interests are involved. But it's too frustrating waiting for improvements tomorrow. Your heart wanted to have its say now."

"Yes," I said, pushing the door open for her. "I just had this feeling, and that's enough for today."

Michael Jackson Dancing the dream

TRUST

As I was feeding squirrels in the park, I noticed a small one that didn’t seem to trust me.
While the others came close enough to eat out of my hand, he kept his distance.
I threw a peanut his way.

He edged up, grabbed it nervously, and ran off.

Next time he must have felt less afraid, because he came a little closer.
The safer he felt, the more he trusted me.

Finally he sat right at my feet, as bold as any squirrel clamoring for the next peanut.
Trust is like that - it always seems to come down to trusting in yourself.

Others can’t overcome fear for you; you have to do it on your own.
It’s hard, because fear and doubt hold on tight.

We are afraid of being rejected, of being hurt once more.
So we keep a safe distance.

We think separating ourselves from others will protect us, but that doesn’t work, either.
It leaves us feeling alone and unloved.

Trusting yourself begins by recognizing that it’s okay to be afraid.

Having fear is not the problem, because everyone feels anxious and insecure sometimes.
The problem is not being honest enough to admit your fear.

Whenever I accept my own doubt and insecurity, I’m more open to other people.
The deeper I go into myself, the stronger I become, because I realize that my real self is much bigger than any fear.

In accepting yourself completely, trust becomes complete.

There is no longer any separation between people, because there is no longer any separation inside.
In the space where fear used to live, love is allowed to grow

~Michael Jackson . Dancing The Dream
<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

I don´t know if Michael knew how people use animals to earn money, puppymills.breeding of tigercubs,lioncubs, the killing of millions of pets in animalshelters.Many humans don´t know about it and think it´s terrible when they find out.

It must have been Michael´s parents who got the dog

When I was very young I remember that we had this crazy mutt of a dog named "Black Girl," a mix of wolf and retriever. Not only wasn't she much of a guard dog, she was such a scared and nervous thing that it is a wonder she did not pass out every time a truck rumbled by, or a thunderstorm swept through Indiana. My sister Janet and I gave that dog so much love, but we never really won back the sense of trust that had been stolen from her by her previous owner. We knew he used to beat her. We didn't know with what. But whatever it was, it was enough to suck the spirit right out of that dog.

I'm sorry but this story was originally written by myself July 4, 2010 on the Michael's Heart blog which is copy righted. It has been copied word for word without my permission and they are claiming it to be their story. I would appreciate if this was deleted and my story was used instead. If you have any questions contact me on Face Book, Betty Byrnes. Thank you.

I am unable to contact the writer of the blog story above. The contact email listed is not working. This story is plagiarized. I originally wrote this story on July 4, 2010 after hearing Majestik share it in person at an after court fan gathering. We had gathered to discuss justice for MJ after an arraignment hearing of Conrad Murray in Los Angeles in 2010. I have many witnesses. This story claims to be what Majestik is saying in the video... it is not. It is a copy and paste, word for word of my story. If anyone knows how to contact the author of this blog who posted 'Dead Bird' please email me at dokby@yahoo.com.

Original story written by me, Betty Byrnes, on Michael's Heart blog which is copy righted:
http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2010/07/v-behaviorurldefaultvml-o.html

Note: Proper credit has been applied to the original posts ~ Team MJJC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but this story was originally written by myself July 4, 2010 on the Michael's Heart blog which is copy righted. It has been copied word for word without my permission and they are claiming it to be their story. I would appreciate if this was deleted and my story was used instead. If you have any questions contact me on Face Book, Betty Byrnes. Thank you.

I am unable to contact the writer of the blog story above. The contact email listed is not working. This story is plagiarized. I originally wrote this story on July 4, 2010 after hearing Majestik share it in person at an after court fan gathering. We had gathered to discuss justice for MJ after an arraignment hearing of Conrad Murray in Los Angeles in 2010. I have many witnesses. This story claims to be what Majestik is saying in the video... it is not. It is a copy and paste, word for word of my story. If anyone knows how to contact the author of this blog who posted 'Dead Bird' please email me at dokby@yahoo.com.

Original story written by me, Betty Byrnes, on Michael's Heart blog which is copy righted:
http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2010/07/v-behaviorurldefaultvml-o.html

Thank you Betty for informing us. We have now credited you as the source for the above story.

Welcome to the board :)

Thank you Betty for informing us. We have now credited you as the source for the above story.
Welcome to the board :)
Thank You qbee.
Betty, MJJCLegacyTeam Project Thanks you very much for allowing your wonderful story and letting it be shared here in the Legacy Project forum which is all about Michael's Legacy and his Love.
Thanks for contacting us. :)

Last edited:
From the book A life for L.O.V.E, a danish fan story
She went walking with Michael in Ireland. He would turn up beetles which were on their backs and commented &#8220;everyone has a right to live and right to a second chance.&#8221;

Michel loved elephants, they are amazing animals

Elephants payed respect for Lawrence Anthony, but how did they know he had died?

I agree with the man in the video, if we love animals they love us back.

"How could you be mean or cruel to an animal? That's like being cruel to a small child". -Michael Jackson

BbEkQDFCQAAoU9h.jpg

tumblr_lcvafozhpJ1qbz69po1_500.jpg

tumblr_lau2w3Mjqb1qbz69po1_500.jpg

tumblr_laaxvsiMHN1qbz69po1

tumblr_l4k6zyP8YN1qbz69po1_500.png

tumblr_l2tdpyRwvE1qbz69po1_500.jpg

tumblr_ldnk1c0P3y1qbz69po1_500.jpg

tumblr_ldrpyaPa3o1qbz69po1_500.jpg

BZ-FvufCUAAVvyy.jpg

Last edited:
Freddie Mercury visited Michael in the 80´s and they worked on some songs in the studio.
But before they went to the studio Michael wanted to show his animals

Freddie had been invited to Michael’s house in Encino, just north of Hollywood. We arrived at the house, having passed a security tower at the gate. We got out of the car at a mock Tudor mansion, bricks at the lower level, and white stucco and wooden beams above. Michael came to greet us with a big smile, obviously proud of his house. Before we could go in, he insisted we accompany him on a tour of the grounds. I will never forget Freddie Mercury walking through mud, wearing white jeans and white tennis shoes, talking to llamas! We were shown all the animals and taken down to a pond where Michael had swans. Michael had a real love for these animals and birds; they were part of ‘his family’, as Freddie’s friends were part of his.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/michael...y-peter-freestone-freddies-personal-assistant

Michael and Freddie Mercury had more in common than music,I think only an animallover would speak to llamas.

Michael's Pastures of L.O.V.E. project will bring hope and healing to ill, neglected or otherwise needy horses.

California Coastal Horse Rescue, located approximately 80 miles from Neverland, provides food, shelter, rehabilitation and medical care for horses that have been abused, abandoned or neglected. MJL's latest mission, through Michael's dedicated fans around the world, is to sponsor a pasture and a stall at this site. In addition, a dedication bench will be placed near the pasture which will allow people to sit and view the horses as they recover.

A plaque will be placed at each location in honour of Michael's desire to heal the world. The total cost of this is $8000 (approx. £5000 GBP). This comprises of the sponsorship of a pasture at $5000, the sponsorship of a stall at $2500, and a dedication bench at $500. If you would like to join us and each other in reaching out the needy animals in Michael's memory, please consider giving what you are able. Together, we can make Michael's dream come true in healing this world, one step at a time.
http://www.michaeljacksonslegacy.org/index.php/latest-news/148-michael-s-pastures-of-l-o-v-e

I think he donated money to them, anonymously probably. That is what I´ve read and been told. So this is a great thing to do <3

Back