25th ANNIVERSARY OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S

LANDMARK ALBUM BAD CELEBRATED WITH SEPTEMBER 18

RELEASE OF NEW BAD 25 PACKAGES

MICHAEL’S PERSONAL VHS COPY OF HIS JULY 16, 1988

PERFORMANCE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM UNEARTHED FOR THE
RELEASE

NEWLY DISCOVERED OUTTAKES AND DEMOS FROM BAD ALBUM
RECORDING SESSIONS TO BE RELEASED

New York, NY – Twenty-five years after the phrase “Who’s Bad” became a generation’s
cultural catchphrase, Epic/Legacy Recordings, in collaboration with the Estate of
Michael Jackson, will celebrate the legendary album and record breaking BAD tour on
September 18, 2012 with the release of a deluxe package, BAD 25, which includes three CDs,
two collectible booklets, and features the first ever authorized DVD release of a concert from the
record breaking BAD tour.

“The era of BAD represented Michael’s creative ‘coming of age’ as a solo artist in charge of
every aspect of his career – from recording to touring to endorsements to merchandising. This
was the first album on which nearly all of the songs were written by Michael. It was also was
the first album in history to produce five consecutive #1 singles and it took 2 ½ decades for
another artist to match that success. It was also the first time Michael would tour as a solo artist
- his vision, his decisions on what the show would be. The enormous success of the BAD album
and tour was a pivotal moment in Michael’s growth as a composer, performer and producer
cementing his role as the King of Pop. We are thrilled to celebrate such an historic era in
Michael’s career with this release”, stated John Branca and John McClain, Co-Executors of the
Estate of Michael Jackson.

The BAD 25 anniversary deluxe edition will feature three CDs and 1 DVD as follows:

• The highlight of the package is the DVD of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at
Wembley Stadium. The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one
complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess Diana and
the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for that night’s sold out show. This show was
one of the record-breaking seven nights played at the venue attended by more than half a
million people – three times that many people tried to purchase tickets. The DVD was
sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy of the performance as shown on the
JumboTrons during the concert. This footage was only recently unearthed and is the only
known copy of the show to exist. The visuals have been restored and the audio quality
enhanced so that fans can share in the excitement of that famous night

• A CD of the re-mastered original BAD album

• A CD containing previously unreleased material recorded in Michael’s personal studio at
Hayvenhurst. This material includes early demo versions of songs from the album as
well as demos for songs not included on the final album. All of this material is being
released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added. In
addition, this CD will also include new remixes from internationally renowned
DJ/producers

• A CD showcasing the audio from the sound truck recordings of the July 16th Wembley
performance. The first-ever live Michael Jackson CD to be released, this is the only
concert from the BAD Tour known to exist on multitracks
This magnificent 3 CD/1 DVD box set will also include two extensive booklets with yet unseen
photos from the recording sessions, video sets and the concert tour, the original BAD cover art, a
two-sided poster and more. A BAD 25 two CD standard edition featuring the original album
plus the CD of demos and new remixes will also be made available as will a stand alone edition
of the DVD and a picture disc of the original album.

On June 5 in the U.S. (June 4th ex-U.S.), Epic / Legacy Recordings will re-release the original
first single from the album "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" as a CD Single with a previously
unreleased bonus track from the BAD sessions, "Don't Be Messin' 'Round (demo)." This is a
Wal-Mart exclusive CD single in the U.S. and will not be available digitally.

On June 26 a replica edition of the original 7" vinyl of this single with the original B-side "Baby
Be Mine" will be made available to the world. The first single for BAD, “I Just Can’t Stop
Loving You,” was originally released on 7" vinyl in 1987. The 7" single edit of the song has
only been available on that original 7" vinyl until now.

Recently, Pepsi announced an exclusive global partnership with the Estate of Michael Jackson as
part of its new “Live for Now” campaign. Starting this month, Michael Jackson and Pepsi fans
in more than 20 countries around the world will experience this partnership in a variety of ways,
including a retail campaign featuring one billion special edition Michael Jackson Bad 25 Pepsi
cans, live events, and opportunities for fans to access special edition merchandise and new music
from BAD 25.

The BAD album was the third Michael Jackson album produced by Quincy Jones and was
originally released on August 31, 1987. It was monumental in many ways; Michael wrote nine of
the album's eleven tracks and received co-producer credit for the entire album. The album was #1
around the world, made history with five consecutive #1 singles on the Billboard chart, produced
ten chart-topping singles, nine ground breaking short films and to date, the Bad album
has generated over 45 Million units in sales. BAD was nominated for six Grammys and won
two; the album earned Michael the first-ever Video Vanguard Award at the MTV VMA Awards.
Songs on the original album are: “Bad,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “Speed Demon,”
“Liberian Girl,” “Just Good Friends” featuring Stevie Wonder, “Another Part of Me,” “Man in
the Mirror,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Dirty Diana,” “Smooth Criminal,” with “Leave
Me Alone” added to the album once released.

The BAD World Tour was Michael’s first concert tour as a solo artist. The legendary tour
included 123 concerts attended by more than 4.4 million fans over sixteen months. When it
concluded, the tour had shattered all previous touring records for attendance and total gross
revenue adding three new entries in the Guinness World Records for the largest grossing tour in
history, the tour with the largest attended audience and the most sold out shows at Wembley
Stadium.

More details on this and other exciting projects relating to BAD’s 25th anniversary will be
announced soon.

www.MichaelJackson.com
http://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson
#WhosBAD

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Thank you Gaz for the information.Yeahhhh Bad Tour Wembley 1988 dvd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Wonderful news! i can't wait until September. Thanks for sharing the good news this morning!!! :)

Omg! such good news!!
tumblr_m4398qA37T1rpwvqh.gif

OMG! I can't breathe .... am so excited!!! #BAD25

Awesome!!! :wild: :punk::dropdead:

The concert is not a compilation of performances, but rather one
complete show, exactly as Michael performed it

All of this material is being
released as it was recorded during the BAD sessions. Nothing has been added.

I love these parts! :D

tumblr_lmy75hibnk1qjimf8.gif

Bad Tour 88 concert!

clap.gif

tumblr_leeqvxX3Bv1qdlkgg.gif

Now I know where all my University money will be going :p
Thanks Gaz! :D

Only on DVD. Would have been icing on the cake if it was on BluRay!

:woohoo:OMG! This is so friggin' exciting!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Thank you Michael. Thank YOU to the Estate. Thank you Gaz for posting this grandest of news

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I am ready...bring it.

#WhosBad

ETA: I m still hoping they will announce the Blu Ray later.... But right now.... AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:clap::clap::clap::clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the effort I was looking for!!!

tumblr_m3thrqqYOo1qfssyl.jpg

Happiest day of my life

The only minor, minor thing Im disappointed with, is that the concert is the only Wembley show that doesn't include a performance of Dirty Diana, but still, this will definitely be a day one purchase for me!

"nothing has been added" :D good :)

Im really looking forward to this!

Really exciting!
Looks like they had read the forums and took our thoughts to create this project as good as possible.
4 months is a too long waiting time though :(

omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg!

Thank you michael. Thank you to the estate. Thank you gaz for posting this grandest of news

thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I am ready...bring it.

#whosbad

eta: I m still hoping they will announce the blu ray later.... But right now.... Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

:clap::clap::clap::clap::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::wild::d:d:d:d:d:d:d:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

amen.

Wow! Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dancin:

The only minor, minor thing Im disappointed with, is that the concert is the only Wembley show that doesn't include a performance of Dirty Diana, but still, this will definitely be a day one purchase for me!
Yes,he did!!!!!!!!!

Great. Amazing. Awesome. I hope the tracklist will be released soon.

YES! YES! YES! YES!
The perfect way to celebrate a great album. Why didn't they do this for Thriller 25?

A reminder for those wanting a blu ray, its says its from MJ's personal VHS so I don't think the quality will be much better on blu ray.

Maybe we should try and convince them to include a Dirty Diana live performance on the DVD among the bonus material!

Zakk will go nuts :lmao:

Yeah, you are right. Too bad. My favourite live performance and one of my favourite song ever.

Back