The Sims 4 coming in 2014 [Confirmed by EA ]

Which of The sims base game is your favorite ?

• The Sims

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sims 2

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • The Sims 3

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

wendijane

Proud Member
If you are a simmer like me, then this news might please you .
EA confirmed it today ! :clap:

http://thesims.com/en_GB/thesims4

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

The-Sims-4-release-date-.jpg

http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-unveils-the-sims-4

http://www.techspot.com/news/52484-...ll-feature-an-offline-single-player-mode.html

Last edited:
Re: Sims 4 coming in 2014 [Confirmed by EA ]

I hope this will be good. I didn't like The Sims 3 very much. I haven't played it as much I have played The Sims 1 and 2. They are great games and the original The Sims is my favorite.

Been a Sims fan since 2004. Been a Sim City fan for almost 20 years. So I do find it great that there will be a 4th one. Since I have not only Sims 1 complete. That has all of the expansion packs in that version. But as of right now I just prefer 2 and 3 right now. Especially 2 where I almost never had a problem with that game. And with all of the expansion and stuffs packs I have for it as long as I have had it. With Sims 3 as great as that game is. I am almost always finding some kind of problem with it. As of right now I have all of the expansion packs for it. And almost all of the stuffs packs. I just find it upsetting to know that the next Sims 3 expansion pack is coming out on that horrible June 25th date. When I was so hoping it will be out in early to mid June. This expansion pack is the one I have been waiting for the most. Since it finally going to have a pool slide included in the pack.

I believe there's a --how can I put this?-- more adult oriented iteration of this game called The Sins.

If you are a simmer like me, then this news might please you .

Others who played it would be "sinners" like you and this news might please you!:D

Here is logo
the-sims-4-logo.jpg

I decided to give Sims 3 another shot so I bought used The Sims 3 Pets and The Sims 3: World Adventures for 6 euros. That was cheap. I hope they are good. I don't like in The Sims 3 that you can't go inside restaurants and shops and contror your sim. I hope that feature will come back in The Sims 4.

Last edited:
I have Sims 3 Uni :wub: and Sims 3 Late night and of course Sims 3 Pets :) I love the choice of animals

CreateaPet_KeyArt.png

Last edited:
Here is logo
the-sims-4-logo.jpg

I decided to give Sims 3 another shot so I bought used The Sims 3 Pets and The Sims 3: World Adventures for 6 euros. That was cheap. I hope they are good. I don't like in The Sims 3 that you can't go inside restaurants and shops and contror your sim. I hope that feature will come back in The Sims 4.

It is nice you gave The Sims 3 another shot . Let me know how you get on with WA . I like Sim pets It is very cool :thumbs_up:

I just totally L.O.V.E. the pets in Sims 3. They are so much more realistic than the ones in Sims 1 and Sims 2.

Agree and they are very cute too! Horses included :wub:

Agent M this is a pretty shocking thing to say to an MJ fan. That's taking it too far, your'e not doing yourself any favors here.

Last edited:
I have Sims 3 Uni :wub: and Sims 3 Late night and of course Sims 3 Pets :) I love the choice of animals

CreateaPet_KeyArt.png

I have all the Sims 3 Expansion packs that came out so far. And I totally agree about the animals in Sims 3. And the best thing about the pets in Sims 3. You can make them any color you want. Without having to use any cheats for it. Especially if you make let say a purple fairy Sim and you want purple pets to match your fairy. In Sims 2 and 1 you really couldn't do that. Unless using a cheat or a hack for it. Nor could the dogs in Sims 1 and 2 could go in the pool like they can in Sims 3. Which is why I prefer 3 over 2 and 1. I just L.O.V.E. all of the Sims 3 expansion packs that I have. But:

Pets
World Adventures
Super Natural
University Life
Seasons

Are my most favorite. Especially Super Natural and Seasons where I finally got weather in my Sims 3 game. But the only thing I don't like about Seasons. Is that when your sim goes on vacation it doesn't rain or anything like that in Egypt, France, and China. Egypt I can see it not raining and snowing since it is a desert country. But I just wish it would rain and snow in China or France. Since France and China gets snow and rain in real life. And I just totally L.O.V.E. the fact that I get to have fairies and unicorns in my Sims 3 game. Since they have always been my 2 favorite mythical creatures. And the werewolves in Sims 3 are way better than the ones in Sims 2. I think it is so funny watching another sim hitting the werewolf's nose with a newspaper. Paradise Life I know I am going to L.O.V.E. just as much. Especially with the pool slides, house boats, and the mermaids that are going to be in that expansion pack.

Last edited:
[video]http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a508350/gamescom-2013-the-sims-4-debut-trailer.html[/video]

Bringing Some informative updates.Your welcome. :)

Sims 4 have emotions.

I just want to post and make fam aware that while we await Sims 4 ......Sims 3 are celebrating Earth day too, so If you go onto their website you should find some free plants for your games to download .

Earth Day
Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Celebrate the March equinox and Earth Day by going green. Celebrate Earth Day every day with these green gifts.

I hope someone knows how to make a good MJ sim, I have this one on The Sims 3:
13987884051_9813ebb675_o.jpg

I got it a long time ago and I don't think it can be downloaded anymore.

Oh he is too adorable. I bet your game is fun Thanks for sharing ^^
Seeing that beauty this thread will so go off-topic ahaha
I had a chance to play my game a little earlier and I found Showtime to be a good expansion pack
I also like the world of Hidden Springs and Island Paradise is a fav.

Last edited:
Re: Steeling Indiana

Mjjs Memory-0
Reading and learning,.

Well Here is a Michael I downloaded from the Sims3 exchange and he is currently in my game. I can't wait for Sims 4 to see which Michaels people will make

I made Michael in Sims 2 once, although I haven't played the game in nearly two years. I kinda want to go back to it, but I've got so many other games to go through. >.>

Here's what my Michael sim looks like. I apologize for these kind of being far away but I think I had zoomed in as much as I could. Anyway, I just made him like normal and initially he had a fedora hat on but all his hair was tucked under it. I found a character mod that gave him actual Michael-looking hair, though, and applied that to him. Can't remember the exact name of the mod or where I got it from, but I believe it did have Michael Jackson in the name.

snapshot_bd0eee7d_5d18333d_zps11045484.jpg

snapshot_bd0eee7d_9d184d5f_zps96888bc8.jpg

I just L.O.V.E. the Michael sims. I used to have them in my Sims 2 and Sims 3 games. I can't figure out how to make MJ related clothes for Sims 3. But I did make a pattern using both Michael's feet and MJ symbols. But I really don't use it in any of my Sims 3 houses. Since I never did like how it came out. As for my Michael sims I just haven't gotten around to reinstalling them again. I guess in away it hurts to see them. Since that is the only way we will see him alive again. I do how ever have MJ relatied clothes in both my Sims 2 and Sims 3 games. Well I will as soon as I get my Sims 3 game working again. As of right now I am still playing my Sims 2 game. At least with Sims 2 that game never fails to load up on me. No matter how much stuff I have in that game. And as of right now I have over 80,000 files in that game. Though some of them are duplicates. And some are items that won't show up in the game anymore. Where with my Sims 3 game I had less than 10,000 files in the game. And it stopped working for me. I just hope Sims 4 won't be like that. I had heard it won't be. For my Sims 2 game I used to always L.O.V.E. to make MJ related t-shirts for my female sims. As well as do paintings of my favorite MJ pictures. And make them as posters in my Sims houses. I haven't done that since we still had Michael.:( So I need try to get back to doing that again. As well as start making MJ tattoos for my Sims 2 sims.

I have my copy of Sims 4 pre-ordered, can't wait! I just hope this installment wont have as many bugs as Sims 3 did.

Sims-4-E3-2014-664x374.jpg

With an expected preview of The Sims 4 Create A Sim mode at this year's E3 2014, the new feature has added even more anticipation to the latest version of The Sims franchise. As we learned a few months ago, The Sims 4 will focus on characters, making sure that each Sim living in your neighbourhood is a unique and unpredictable person.From what little we've already seen in the preview trailer from EA, we get some detail about Create A Sim mode, but if we dig a little deeper, we can get a lot more detail that, although may not be directly mentioned in the video, is very much implied.

Say goodbye to your neighbour clone

If there's one thing I didn’t like about The Sims 3, it was that, in the end, all Sims were way too similar, especially those that the game randomly generates to be your neighbours.

This will mostly likely end in The Sims 4, as the new (and easy to use) Sims editor will let you modify every inch of your Sim’s face and body. Just like in real life, Sims can have prominent hips but narrow shoulders, or be a bit chubby with thin legs. Different ethnic groups are also much more visible, each with their own traits, creating realism and countless combinations that are rarely seen in a game.

Sims-4-1-568x412.jpg

At last, the Sims will look like real people.

Their physical traits could influence their character

The attention to detail in Create a Sim goes as far as changing the way they smile or walk. This, together with their new physique, might even influence their personality. For example, a Sim that walks with vigor and its head held high is likely to be more confident, while those with a nice smile will be more attractive to the rest.
Now, let's take it one step further. Isn’t it true that in real life, our body has an impact on our level of physical activity? A Sim with a slim but strong frame is more likely to be good at sports and can, perhaps, eat whatever he/she wants without gaining weight. On the other hand, one that is chubbier won't be very good at running, even if he/she is a sports enthusiast, and could gain weight the minute he/she stops dieting and exercising.
Sims-4-2-568x338.jpg

How much will the Sims’ physique influence their character?

Fewer features, but more accurate

It makes sense that the physical traits of the Sims influence how they behave, especially if you take into account that, from what I can see in the video, you’ll only be able to choose three traits per character (instead of five like in previous versions).
Everything seems to point to the fact that the personality traits we're able choose have more to do with intellectual interests and tastes, not the same as those things influenced by physical appearance. So, it doesn’t matter what you look like: this won’t have an impact on whether you're a bookworm, whether you’re passionate about science, or whether you're a hopeless romantic.
Similar to The Sims 3, your traits will have an impact on your life's desire, that elusive goal that gives you a great reward. In The Sims 3, the reward was happiness points, but this time, the game will give you something better: a great skill for your daily life. From the examples I can see in the video, it looks like once you fulfill your life's desire, the Sims will get a special skills like, being quick learners, or being good at relating to other characters.

Sims-4-3-568x412.jpg

Only three features per Sim? I'm sure this hides a few surprises

The importance of fashion

In The Sims 3, the Sims editor already had a lot of options to customize your character’s style. You could choose tops, pants and skirts, coordinate outfits, and accessorize. I don't suspect any really big changes in The Sims 4, but I hope there are.
In the past, it's been complicated to change the predefined colors and prints of clothes and save them for later. This meant that every time you wanted to customize a Sim, you basically had to start from scratch. The Sims 4 will feature the new Style Book function, which seems to be an option with previously set and saved outfits, available not only for that particular Sim, but for all of your characters. This will save you a lot of time changing and choosing the perfect outfit for you Sim.
If EA wants us to spend less time with boring actions, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a similar function for the Buy and Build modes, allowing us to save furniture combinations beyond the current collections or the already set rooms we've seen in The Sims 3.

Sims-4-5-568x525.jpg

Fashion lovers will enjoy the new StyleBook

The Build mode has been simplified, at last

Speaking of Build mode, the trailer ends with a small preview of it, and although it's hard to see much, I've seen enough to notice that it'll be easier to edit your home. It looks like a new option lets you drag entire rooms, and there's no need to delete individual walls or move objects one by one, which is especially convenient if you want to extend a house that's already furnished.
If we add to this an easier customization of objects, we’ll have a breakthrough in The Sims. We're looking forward to seeing more of this in the next trailer.
Sims-4-6-568x313.jpg

Building will be much easier than in The Sims 3

E3 2014: Everything You Need to Know
May

posted-by.png
Posted by SimsVIP
category.png
Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)

2527908-future1-500x211.png

The 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo is less than 3 weeks away, so to help you prepare for this hectic event, I’ve compiled an entire post full of dates, times, events, and more.

<center></center>

Who, What, Where, Why

Event: E3 2014

Where: Los Angeles Convention Center

When: June 10th &#8211; June 12th

Official E3 Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, E3Insider.com, Instagram

E3 Exhibitor List: Click Me!

Why: Because video games

Press Conferences &#8211; Watch live on SimsVIP!

All press conferences that take place during E3 2014 will be live streamed right here on SimsVIP. We&#8217;ve included a list of times for each of the five press conferences, with the most common time zones listed next to each event.

For those who miss the live press conference broadcasts, replays will be available for your convenience.

Monday June 9th:

1. Microsoft &#8211; 6:30am(HST), 9:30am(PDT), 10:30am(MST), 11:30am(CDT), 12:30pm(EDT), 5:30pm(BST), 2:30am(AEST &#8211; June 10th), 4:30am(NZST &#8211; June 10th)
  2. Electronic Arts &#8211; 9:00am(HST), 12:00pm(PDT), 1:00pm(MST), 2:00pm(CDT), 3:00pm(EDT), 8:00pm(BST), 5:00am(AEST &#8211; June 10th), 7:00am(NZST &#8211; June 10th)
  3. Ubisoft &#8211; 12:00pm(HST), 3:00pm(PDT), 4:00pm(MST), 5:00pm(CDT), 6:00pm(EDT), 11:00pm(BST), 8:00am(AEST &#8211; June 10th), 10:00am(NZST &#8211; June 10th)
  4. Sony &#8211; 3:00pm(HST), 6:00pm(PDT), 7:00pm(MST), 8:00pm(CDT), 9:00pm(EDT), 2:00am(BST &#8211; June 10th), 11:00am(AEST &#8211; June 10th), 1:00pm(NZST &#8211; June 10th)

Tuesday June 10th:

1. Nintendo (Online Press Conference) &#8211; 6:00am(HST), 9:00am(PDT), 10:00am(MST), 11:00am(CDT), 12:00pm(EDT), 5:00pm(BST), 2:00am(AEST &#8211; June 11th), 4:00am(NZST &#8211; June 11th)

SimsVIP @ E3 2014

SimsVIP will be attending this year&#8217;s E3 Expo as a member of the press, and will have special access to exhibitors and their products. Our main focus will be The Sims 4, however, we will also be checking out other booths and reporting back on the latest and greatest from the show floor.

We have set up appointments and interviews with many of the E3 exhibitors, and have been invited to attend the Microsoft, Sony, & Ubisoft Press Conferences on June 9th. Electronic Arts also contacted us to set up press conference attendance and booth tours, <del datetime="2014-05-23T00:14:13+00:00">and we&#8217;re just waiting on their confirmation.</del>

*Update* &#8211; EA has confirmed our attendance at their E3 Press Conference, reserved us a time slot for a VIP Booth Tour on June 11th, 2014, and also set us up with a one hour Sims 4 Developer Interview!

During our time at E3, we will be sharing lots of stuff via our social media channels, so make sure you stay up to date with the latest news from the show floor by following, liking and subscribing to us!

SimsVIP&#8217;s Social Media Links:

1. Twitter
  2. YouTube
  3. Facebook
  4. Tumblr

Last but not least&#8230;What are YOU looking forward to most at E3?

http://simsvip.com/

;)

Heres how it looks in game

8640861055_dac4c98c07_b.jpg
<noscript>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;img width="943" height="793" src="//farm9.staticflickr.com/8243/8640861055_dac4c98c07_b.jpg" class="main-photo"&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </noscript>

• <form role="search" action="/search/" method="get">
    8640860759_ff0d979bdc_b.jpg
    <noscript>sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;img width="943" height="782" src="//farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8640860759_ff0d979bdc_b.jpg" class="main-photo"&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </noscript>
    <noscript> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;img width="943" height="793" src="//farm9.staticflickr.com/8243/8640861055_dac4c98c07_b.jpg" class="main-photo"&gt; </noscript>
    </form>

Here are some pictures showing how The Sims has improved/changed over the years.

tumblr_n13gmzMUwe1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

TS_TS2_TS3_TS4.png

Yvgxx5C.png

12749674585_af68526f5a.jpg

tumblr_n5b3z8sRiN1rq5dmmo1_r1_500.png

Mortimer_goth_main_picture_sims1sims2sims3sims4.png

Sims+4+VS+Sims+2.png

So, some people have been complaining about how The Sims has gone "cartoony" and "babyish".
Have a look at Bella Goth through the ages, surely you'll have to agree that the TS4 one is the best looking out of the four.

10320532_270615496453067_2522599431012987617_n.jpg

The game has definitely progressed over the years, don't you think?
So, what do you think, cartoony or realistic?

Last edited:
14349405175_568f0c7383_b.jpg
<noscript>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;img width="825" height="819" src="//farm4.staticflickr.com/3883/14349405175_568f0c7383_b.jpg" class="main-photo"&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </noscript>

Re: And WOW heres the BIG one !

Please check this site Genevieve, the artist created it as an example that S4 can possibly turn out the most realistic EVER with custom content. Isn't she gorgeous? Hope that you guys will like it and understand that everything is possible with custom content!

E3 is here tomorrow, and EA will be showing off The Sims 4 in its entirety and confirming it's launch date to the public! Expect to be shown everything The Sims 4 has to offer, so don't miss out. They have a live stream of the press conference from EA on the site and more! Check it out at the Sims 4 Forum. Their Live Stream Begins on June 9th at: 12pm PT / 3pm ET

Last edited:
I had chance to try out the Sims 4 Create a Sim demo earlier in the week and I have to say I was certainly impressed.

So, the full list of Aspirations looks like they will include: Athletic, Creativity, Deviance, Family, Food, Fortune, Knowledge, Love, Nature and Popularity. The list of Traits is longer: Active, Ambitious, Art Lover, Bookworm, Bro, Cheerful, Childish, Clumsy, Creative, Evil, Family Oriented, Foodie, Geek, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hotheaded, Insane, Lazy, Loner, Loves Outdoors, Materialistic, Mean Spirited, Music Lover, Neat, Noncommittal, Outgoing, Perfectionist, Romantic, Self Assured and Snob.

In the demo you can see how these impact not just on the emotions and decisions but also how each Sim moves. For instance there are now multiple walking styles depending on the mood of each character. It’s a nice touch to be able to “read” how each Sim is feeling without checking charts.

Sim Toddlers and Pools will NOT be included :
These new details should offset complaints from fans and certainly signal lots to look forward too. EA recently responded to some of the new game’s perceived shortcomings. “The fact is, we owe you a clearer explanation for why pools and toddlers will not be in The Sims 4 at launch,” executive producer Rachel Franklin wrote, “it begins with new technology and systems that we built for this new base game for The Sims – a NEW AI SYSTEM , new animation system, new audio positioning tools, new locomotion logic, new routing intelligence and much more are all entirely new in this game.”
:wink:

Back