Page 1126 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 126626102610761116112411251126112711281136 ... LastLast
Results 16,876 to 16,890 of 17418

Thread: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,201 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

I had to smile at the ending to an interview with Sheryl Crow in the Sunday Times (UK) Sunday 'Culture' supplement yesterday.

As we part, Crow starts reminiscing about the period when she toured the world with Michael Jackson, as a backing singer on his Bad tour.

'I will tell you (the interviewer) something that I've never told anyone before. We used to have to do a 2 1/2 hour show every night in 5 inch heels. And I have corns on two of my toes, still. There's got to be be a lawsuit in there, right?'

(Interview with Dan Cairns, Referenced from the paper edition. The online edition is behind a paywall).
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,528 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

Snow White Luvs Peter Pan... I agree about Jordan having blood on his hands.. And no matter how much he tries covering it up with gloves, or simply not looking at it.. It's stained..
    **He lives forever within us**

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Some of those witnesses were reported on at the time in the press. One asian/chinese american stands in my mind. college Friends who attended parties at his home where he played danced to mjs music and told people he hated his parents and nothing happened. There were several as one who was a known mj fan and ran a message board wasnt going to be used for obvious reasons
    Can't you recall what press it was? Some tabloid? Mainstream paper? Was it on TV or radio? In the US, UK or somewhere else?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,616 Times in 2,852 Posts

Dont remember there were pictures of the friend taken by paps think his name was given?.it was talked about alot at the time amongst the other witnesses.others who document everything will remember more or do a search through the archives?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Once a coward always a coward and karma is eating him alive right now. Man up or karma will be on your @$$ for the rest of you life Chandler!
    He will never get peace until he clear this lie. It is going to always come up in some way.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White luvs Peter Pan View Post
    I get what you're saying KOPV but I couldn't care less how that bastard might feel. He has Michael's blood in his hands.
    I agree. His lie i what lead to all of this even to the death of MJ. He still had an indirect hand in it.
    Mike's PYT

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    sh**, I hope Robeson's lawyers DO find Chandler. See how much that helps..... Michael! He's hiding because there's something to hide.
    His @$$ did not want to come out when Tom Sneddon wanted him. If he was a real victim (which he was not), the trial in 2005 was the place to speak but he did not because he know he is a liar.
    Mike's PYT

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 964
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,287 Times in 1,528 Posts

^ MJ's defense would have annihilated him .. and him to face public cameras coming into and leaving the court house... THIS trial would actually be a lot easier on him... which obviously he's still doesn't have it in him
    **He lives forever within us**

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Look, I'm not going to defend Jordan Chandler. I do truly believe MJ wasn't guilty BUT I gotta say something here.

A person's reluctance to take the stand in a trial IS NOT proof that they lied!

We gotta be careful...REAL victims of crime refuse to get involved with legal process all the time and for very legitimate reasons. Saying that they must be lying because they refuse to go to court isn't a very sensitive way to handle the situation.

It is perfectly feasible that a victim may not want to testify in a trial if they have moved on in their life, especially after nearly 25 years! for some people time would make it easier for them to face their issues and they would appreciate their chance to testify in court, to face the person on trial, or to do their best to put them behind jail. But others would never want to do that, even if they had genuinely been abused. With such a high profile trial there would be a lot of media scrutiny, the 'victim' may not want their anonymity destroyed by appearing on TV news or on the internet. They wouldn't want to be harassed by media or the general public in the street. Even if Chandler had been abused it's understandable that he wouldnt' want to testify. he's got his money and he can enjoy the quiet life. He doesn't need to go to court, especially as the person he accused of abusing him isn't even alive anymore so cannot be punished. Whether he was abused or not, there would be very little to gain in going to court and possibly more to gain by staying quiet.

Anyway, as I said. I believe MJ was innocent. It's just that we need to be realistic with the discussion about JC avoiding the case. Saying it is proof the Chandlers lied weakens any other legitimate arguments we may have.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Wade still getting publicity for his ...er dance films. (I presume you have to submit films for consideration for inclusion in this Festival...so he's keen to be widely noticed for his work, I assume).

Dance Camera West Presents 16th Annual Dance Media Film Festival

Committed to fostering and promoting the vibrant art of dance and dance on film from around the globe, Dance Camera West presents the 16th Annual Dance Media Film Festival, a public event incorporating dance explored through film and live performance. This year's Festival marks Dance Camera West's continued passion for bringing together diverse communities to experience dance through the intimate medium of film taking place at UCLA's Fowler Museum, Glorya Kaufman Hall UCLA, and Royce Hall from April 20-23, 2017 and at the Santa Monica Pier on April 29-30. This year's Festival highlights include International Shorts, Documentaries, Live Performances, and a Family Film Day comprised of Animation films and Flipbook Workshop.

This multi-disciplinary media film festival promises to offer something for everyone and showcases many forms of dance including modern, post modern, world, tap, dance theater, ballet, hip-hop and practically all dance that has been captured on film in a way that is of quality and essential value. Dance Camera West's Dance Film Festival is funded in part by Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, the National Endowment for the Arts, and The Los Angeles County Arts Commission. Sponsors include CAP UCLA, Fowler Museum, and CalArts.

Dance Camera West (DCW) aspires to awaken and infuse the public mainstream with a desire for critical creative programming presenting the visual language of dance on screen in a way that stretches the imagination and changes the way we think about dance.

Festival trailer: https://vimeo.com/208774984

16th Annual Dance Media Film Festival Schedule

Thursday, April 20
    Opening Night International Shorts, Royce Hall, UCLA, 8 p.m; $12
    and Seaweed Sisters Live Performance, 7:30 p.m.

Percecuta: dir. Lombard Twins Choreography Lombard Twins (Argentina)
    Wake: dir. Katherine Macnaughton; Choreography Ashley Werhun (USA)
    Life in Color: dir. and Choreography Wade Robson (USA)

For complete film schedule and descriptions, to purchase tickets, and for more information about the 16th Annual Dance Media Film Festival taking place at UCLA in Westwood, please visit www.dancecamerawest.org. Royce Hall is located at 340 Royce Drive; Glorya Kaufman Hall UCLA is located at 120 Westwood Plaza; and the Fowler Museum is located at 308 Charles E. Young Drive North. Please like the Festival on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DanceCameraWestFilmFest; email inquiries to festival@dancecamerawest.org; and follow us on twitter and instagram: @DanceCameraWestFilmFest

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-ang...tival-20170419

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Looking at reviews of these films by Jeff Slayton on seedance.com....he didn't mention the Wade Robson film, just said 'Also shown were...'

https://seedance.com/news/16th-annua...la-royce-hall/

http://www.jeffslayton.org/
    Last edited by myosotis; 22-04-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,962 Posts

I must be dense. Doesn't this just blow their whole case out of the water? That he's so messed up, he can't work ever again?

Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,616 Times in 2,852 Posts

-----------------

The discussion relates to chandler.no one else .

Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,524 Times in 9,233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post
    Look, I'm not going to defend Jordan Chandler. I do truly believe MJ wasn't guilty BUT I gotta say something here.

We gotta be careful...REAL victims of crime refuse to get involved with legal process all the time and for very legitimate reasons. Saying that they must be lying because they refuse to go to court isn't a very sensitive way to handle the situation.

It is perfectly feasible that a victim may not want to testify in a trial if they have moved on in their life, especially after nearly 25 years! for some people time would make it easier for them to face their issues and they would appreciate their chance to testify in court, to face the person on trial, or to do their best to put them behind jail. But others would never want to do that, even if they had genuinely been abused. With such a high profile trial there would be a lot of media scrutiny, the 'victim' may not want their anonymity destroyed by appearing on TV news or on the internet. They wouldn't want to be harassed by media or the general public in the street. Even if Chandler had been abused it's understandable that he wouldnt' want to testify. he's got his money and he can enjoy the quiet life. He doesn't need to go to court, especially as the person he accused of abusing him isn't even alive anymore so cannot be punished. Whether he was abused or not, there would be very little to gain in going to court and possibly more to gain by staying quiet.

Anyway, as I said. I believe MJ was innocent. It's just that we need to be realistic with the discussion about JC avoiding the case. Saying it is proof the Chandlers lied weakens any other legitimate arguments we may have.
    I agree that just because he doesn't testify that's not proof of his lying - we have lots of other good evidence of that.

On the other hand, this isn't really a case of a family shying away from publicity. While it wasn't Jordan personally, but Evan and mainly Ray, but they fed tabloids, gave interviews to tabloid shows and documentaries, filed another bogus lawsuit in 1996 where Evan demanded things like being able to release an album about the alleged sexual abuse of his son and called the tabloid media on an unsuspecting Lisa Marie Presley when she was deposed. Ray also wrote a book (I am sure the real author was Evan), made his media rounds again in 2004 - only to run away when he was called to testify. The "shy of publicity" excuse won't work when you are on tabloid shows promoting your trash book. While I understand that Jordan is not Evan or Ray and Jordan personally did not tabloid-whore and I doubt he would have even if he hadn't signed a confidentiality argument, but I also cannot put him in the same box as the victims you describe above - who don't come forward and don't testify because they are shy of publicity. If Jordan has such a problem with publicity and attention the first person he should have shut up was his father and uncle.

Besides, here in this case there is not much attention - we are talking about a deposition behind closed doors, not a court testimony with cameras in the room. And I think the attention would be even less on the deposition of his sister and girlfriend.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,783 Times in 771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MJTruth View Post

This needs to be said a million times. Same goes for age-old debunked tropes like "a real victim wouldn't take money" or "people lie about sexual abuse all the time". MJ fans aren't doing themselves any favours with that.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I must be dense. Doesn't this just blow their whole case out of the water? That he's so messed up, he can't work ever again?
    Well, he's not doing his 'case for compensation' any favours, that's for sure....nor his reputation for honesty. But then the whole complaint consists of untruths, so no reason to be surprised about another one.

Anyways, the timing of his submission to the film festival is interesting. I wonder if he made the festival submission before or after he received the motion to compel

http://

http://

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post: