Page 1172 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 172672107211221162117011711172
Results 17,566 to 17,576 of 17576

Thread: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 605 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

double post

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,954 Times in 9,329 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual abuse claims against MJ Estate (Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe)

Quote Originally Posted by morinen View Post
    To be fair, Robson probably has no idea about any of this. Most plaintiffs are not closely involved in how their lawyers run the case, and the lawyer has the power to decide how the case should be run on behalf of the plaintiff. Especially in contingency cases (which, I'm assuming, this is one of) lawyers have a lot of freedom. This looks to me like a run-of-the-mill discovery dispute, so Robson likely is only involved to the extent of his name being on the papers. That said, their case does look doomed and they do look desperate. But discovery is supposed to happen before SJ, so Spence's motion to postpone it is likely going to be denied.
    Robson deliberately changed from a lawyer firm that seemed to have bit more boundaries to a firm that is famous for being very aggressive to the point of applying questionable tactics like this or victim shopping (also illegal). Alone that tells me Robson is more than OK with any tactic that could help him win. He deliberately picked this lawyer firm that has this reputation of aggressive and bullying tactics. Especially since he claims this is not about money to him, but about victim empowerment, he should be pretty sensitve to this kind of stuff. Instead I am pretty sure he has given them full authority to anything it takes. I don't think he is not aware of what his lawyers are doing. That his lawyers were after Jordan trying to force him testify against his will, was even in the media.
    Last edited by respect77; 01-10-2017 at 05:04 PM.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,034 Times in 7,433 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morinen View Post
    To be fair, Robson probably has no idea about any of this. Most plaintiffs are not closely involved in how their lawyers run the case, and the lawyer has the power to decide how the case should be run on behalf of the plaintiff. Especially in contingency cases (which, I'm assuming, this is one of) lawyers have a lot of freedom. This looks to me like a run-of-the-mill discovery dispute, so Robson likely is only involved to the extent of his name being on the papers. That said, their case does look doomed and they do look desperate. But discovery is supposed to happen before SJ, so Spence's motion to postpone it is likely going to be denied.
    I also would like to note that these lawyers are also positioned themselves as sexual abuse victim lawyers and that's the only type of cases they pursue. So still at the end of the day a abuse victim lawyer is harassing an abuse victim who doesn't want to be deposed (Chandler) and harassing another person who doesn't claim to be abused (spence) with personal information. All of this dispute could have been avoided if Finaldi just said "okay let's talk next week".

BTW this is not the latest SJ in the case. Rather than demurrer they filed a SJ on one of the issues while reserving their right to file SJ on the remaining issues. That's why discovery is still ongoing as well - normally SJ gets filed after discovery is closed. So Beckloff can delay the deposition until after the first SJ is determined.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,636 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    I also would like to note that these lawyers are also positioned themselves as sexual abuse victim lawyers and that's the only type of cases they pursue. So still at the end of the day a abuse victim lawyer is harassing an abuse victim who doesn't want to be deposed (Chandler) and harassing another person who doesn't claim to be abused (spence) with personal information. All of this dispute could have been avoided if Finaldi just said "okay let's talk next week".
    Well, ethical lawyers do not take scam cases.

Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,954 Times in 9,329 Posts

And let's not forget Robson even reads this thread: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/th...=1#post4201016. LOL.

To me it is pretty unrealistic that he is cluless about what his lawyers are doing. They were in the media bragging about "hunting down" Chandler. Also, these are settlement lawyers and I am pretty sure they outlined to him their strategy to force the Estate into a settlement before he changed lawyers. He was also very meticulous in building his case, gathering information from his mother for a year. In interviews he sounds like a student reciting his lawsuit. For example, in his latest interview he claimed his lawsuit was about raising awareness about those who facilitate abuse. (Not perpetrators but about those who facilitate it by looking the other way.) Since the focus of his lawsuit in this civil court case now is about the so called "facilitators" (eg. MJ's companies) he echoes that in interviews. He seems to be pretty well aware of what is going on in his case.

Lawyers in any case will obviously have certain liberties in terms of strategy but I don't think they can fully go against the intentions of their client, or the client will fire them. If Robson had told these lawyers that this was all about victim empowerment to him, not money, so please operate in that spirit - well, that seems totally unlikely. LOL. In fact, like said, Robson went from a lawyer team with more boundaries to one with less boundaries. IMO that in itself is very telling.
    Last edited by respect77; 01-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,196 Posts

delete - answers were already given in previous posts I hadn't read yet.
    ◇ he was a very special, warm & gentle person, who put music in the world and spoke in rhyme ◇

Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,397 Posts

Sorry - I do not have time to read all those many pages.

But - are there any news? Will this go to trial or will it be dismissed?

How does the US system work? - can The Estate counter sue for spreading those lies about MJ if the case is dismissed?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,743 Times in 2,909 Posts

Hearing on whether it will be dismissed in early december. Expected to be dismissed as safechuck case was over the same issue

Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Hearing on whether it will be dismissed in early december. Expected to be dismissed as safechuck case was over the same issue
    OK. - Hope it will be dismissed... Early Christmas present

Can the Estate then counter-sue them ? -- Also so other stupid people can see it can cost a lot to tell such lies...
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess/videos - me dancing MJ - many years ago.

I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hess For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,743 Times in 2,909 Posts

Anyone can sue anyone.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,025 Posts

You are right these are Wade lies that has been expose and i agree chasing them will not help his case so let him look. Wade could not prove that the companies had control over Michael that backfire on them Michael was the sole owner of his companies so therefore there was no reason to know end of story.

Another Part Of Me Michael You Will Always Be In My Heart.