Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

qbee

Proud Member
This thread is reserved for any Information and discussion about Spike Lee's BAD 25 Documentary.

UPDATE July 2013
The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary can be purchased at MichaelJackson.com ONLY
unless someon puts it up for re-sale on Amazon, Ebay etc.
Http://michaeljackson.com

Team MJJC

Spike Lee
Tweets

Spike Lee ? @SpikeLee
Good Morning One And All.I'm Presently Shooting And Editing A Documentary On The 25th Anniversary Of Michael Jackson's BAD ALBUM.HEE HEE HEE

2r6i0k5.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/SpikeLee/status/201320900002463745

Michael+Jackson+BAD.jpg

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary discussion Thread

39253344813977521311410.jpg

57494444813983521310810.jpg

401572_442238925790982_228973190450891_1863521_2006762291_n.jpg

536694_442684002413141_228973190450891_1865302_1379569779_n.jpg

Cool. I ain't gonna lie I wish it was a different director other then spike... But that just me

Very happy to see the above pics! Glad he's doing interviews. Hope Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton drop by.

Until we get more information, the only thing I can say now is HEE HEE HEE.

Its excellent to see their interviewing people instrumental in the making of the Bad album and video's, whether it be a duet partner or a co choreographer. Now we need some Quincy (Assuming theirs no cheap shots) and some Rod Temperton! Go all out, and interview as many people as possible!

I'm not that interested in an interview with Quincy Jones to be honest. I doubt he would tell us anything new, and he seems to have trouble expressing himself nowadays, like he's growing too old for that. And after the mean things he said... do you think Michael would still be friends with him if he had been alive when Quincy said on television that Michael bleached his skin because he didn't want to be Black and that his children are not his? I don't think so. Quincy must be laughing his ass off... he's dragging Michael's name in the dirt, yet the estate still invited him to the handprints ceremony. And they might just let him be involved in the Bad25 project too... Like how much disrespect does it take for some things to change? Does this guy still deserve to be associated with Michael and to make even more money off him?

They could just show studio footage of Michael recording with Quincy, wouldn't that be better? We might actually hear Quincy say something interesting instead of the same old thing he's been repeating for 30 years! Think about it: if the documentary is one hour long, and Quincy Jones talks for 5 minutes, that's 5 minutes that could have been used to show footage of Michael instead!

Well @I Wanna Be Where You Are the sh*t he pulled during the Trayvon Martin case. He posted someone's address on Twitter thinking it was George Zimmerman home. When actually it was a old couple house who didn't even know that man was. So basically the couple got harass, people were throwing stuff at their home and Spike had to pay up...

I hope this documentary will be good. We need Bad Tour released also

I'm not that interested in an interview with Quincy Jones to be honest. I doubt he would tell us anything new, and he seems to have trouble expressing himself nowadays, like he's growing too old for that. And after the mean things he said... do you think Michael would still be friends with him if he had been alive when Quincy said on television that Michael bleached his skin because he didn't want to be Black and that his children are not his? I don't think so. Quincy must be laughing his ass off... he's dragging Michael's name in the dirt, yet the estate still invited him to the handprints ceremony. And they might just let him be involved in the Bad25 project too... Like how much disrespect does it take for some things to change? Does this guy still deserve to be associated with Michael and to make even more money off him?

They could just show studio footage of Michael recording with Quincy, wouldn't that be better? We might actually hear Quincy say something interesting instead of the same old thing he's been repeating for 30 years! Think about it: if the documentary is one hour long, and Quincy Jones talks for 5 minutes, that's 5 minutes that could have been used to show footage of Michael instead!

:) Hm but maybe Quincy gets more positive in his mind again when he is being honored again for the job he did, getting a little (his) part of the attention? By giving him that, Estate (maybe) can help him heal his thoughts and make him feel more OK with how things went for him?
(And maybe it is a good thing in different ways to bring the name Quincy again in the attention of the people, I think it 's a good thing for BAD 25 ?)
But yes I totally agree with your last paragraph, me too I would prefere studio footage of Michael

Who is the guy on the first 2 photos?

Thanks!

Well @I Wanna Be Where You Are the sh*t he pulled during the Trayvon Martin case. He posted someone's address on Twitter thinking it was George Zimmerman home. When actually it was a old couple house who didn't even know that man was. So basically the couple got harass, people were throwing stuff at their home and Spike had to pay up...

Get your facts straight. He RT'ed someone's tweet that had the couple's address.

And guess what? He publicly apologized to the couple & they accepted his apology. And he paid them for their trouble.

Many people retweet stuff without reading them throughly ... this was a lesson for all of us: Be careful & make sure you read and are in agreement before retweeting someone else.

MOVE ON.

ETA I am beyond sad that Frank Dileo won't take part in this. Aside from MJ, he would be THE ONE final authority on the bad era.

Last edited:

I assume there will be a lot of studio footage since Michael filmed the Bad sessions. That footage was meant exactly for something like this, a 'making of Bad' type of documentary.

Can't wait to see this!

These are pictures from the documnetary BAD 25 from Spike Lee, right? Just to be sure...
Is it known when those pictures were shot? 2012/2011/2010?

Thanks,
Josed

2012, within the past few months.

@Memefan Why he would do that and get involved becuz u know what retweeted is just the same as typing it. And it came to bite him on the ASS and he had to pay up. BUT for me that not the ONLY reasons Spike Lee rub me the wrong way like going after directors and such...

BUT anywayz i'm goin off topic I'ma still goin to watch this docu see how it turns out so there.

Yes lets please stay on topic and not turn this into a negative thread.
This forum is for the celebration of BAd 25 :) Thanks

I hope this will be good.

hey there - i simply loved your comments about Quincy, I honestly hate the guy now like anything, he is a SOB hypocrate who is backstabbing MJ behind the back with all these negative comments, what disturbs me is that he keeps showing up in every MJ ceremony - he might have won 80 grammys in his life but if it ain't for MJ no one who have still heard about quincy - he makes me sick

I am beyond sad that Frank Dileo won't take part in this. Aside from MJ, he would be THE ONE final authority on the bad era.

Ah yes, Uncle Tookie. Would've been amazing insight for this documentary.

I am beyond sad that Frank Dileo won't take part in this. Aside from MJ, he would be THE ONE final authority on the bad era.

As am I. But the way I see it, at least he and Michael are celebrating Bad 25 with the angels together.

Yes it would have been nice if frank was still here but like ALWAYSTHERE said they are both in heaven celebrating bad 25 :)

Back