Bruno Mars: Love and Respect for Michael Jackson

mjmirror

Proud Member
[video=youtube;LGZS36uJ6MU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGZS36uJ6MU[/video]

It’s all for the L.O.V.E. ~ From Bruno Mars’ early days as a child performer to now as a worldwide star, Michael Jackson has always been an influence in the way Bruno carries out his showmanship and music production. In honour of Michael, here is a compilation of material I’ve made showing just how much Bruno loves and respects MJ.

• Part 1 | A Fan Since Childhood | 01:58
  • Part 2 | Thoughts About MJ’s Work | 08:54
  • Part 3 | Michael’s Influence | 13:20
  • Part 4 | Bruno Covers MJ | 15:14
Links to each clip used are in the description box on the video’s YouTube page. An extended version that includes Bruno’s SNL Pandora Skit can be watched here: http://vimeo.com/rhapsodyincolour/bmmj

What a great video. Bruno seems such a talented guy...good entertainer, exuding a good level of energy and quite good on the guitar...he even beatboxes! Wow.

I really enjoyed his version of TWYMMF. It felt very bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue-sy. I like. :)

Thanks for posting this, mjmirror. Something very nice to watch to remind us of MJ's specialness as an entertainer, today on the 24th of June, the eve of the 25th.

Bruno Mars is one of the best artists out there right now. I'm glad he appreciates MJ, and from such a young age :)

Great little "documentary" on Michael's influence on Bruno. Bruno is a very talented artist. One of the most talented of this generation, so I'm glad he speaks so openly and gladly of the influence Michael had on him.

His TWYMMF was really great. I loved it. You can feel even in his performance he really loves Michael.

I wish him all the best. I like his new single, Treasure.

Anybody catch Bruno's/Mark Ronson new songs on SNL last night? I like the "Uptown Funk" one a lot and the official video too. (and does anyone know what the significance is of wearing a bandanna under your fedora? Like Michael did in "You Rock My World"?? It's some kind of Miami-Cuba thing? It reminds me of something I've seen in an old movie. Or maybe Miami Vice-that pastel jacket is throwing me off. :)

Michael's bandanna/fedora look:
images

Here's them doing it on SNL.

I won't post the 2nd song-it features a rapper-but it was real 'James Brown-y'

Last edited:
I saw the music video on TV a few days ago. I absolutely love it, it's so funky and old school. The music video has such fantastic creative shots and it really adds to the already fresh tune. Check out the time 1:33 in the music video, does that dance move look familiar? I think they're definitely channeling some MJ right there.

@barbee0715 I'd like to know the significance of the fedora + bandanna combo too. It definitely looks funky fresh and vintage. Love it ;D

Check out the time 1:33 in the music video, does that dance move look familiar? I think they're definitely channeling some MJ right there.

1:33-oh, yeah (drool) my very all time favorite Michael dance step of ALL time-his little scoot/slide pelvis first across the stage. :)

Uptown Funk,Moonshine and Treasure are Sounds like MJ😁
I Love It
He is One Of My Favorite Artist 😎

Back