June 2014, 5th anniversary in L.A - meet up thread

Victor

Proud Member
Donations
$5.00
Hi all! :)
As you all know, next year (June 25th marks the 5 anniversary since MJ left us) :/
And I will travel all the way from Sweden to Los Angeles, all by myself, ..hehe
my friend cant join :(..

I will visit Forest Lawn on June 25th.
And I wanna visit all the MJ related places in Los Angeles (Neverland etc)
I might get lost in L.A, because this is my first time in L.A and the USA.
So I was wondering if there are some who intend to go to LA next year at the end out in June, the 25th??
Will it be some fan events there? fan meetups maybe?
Please let me know! heehee

P.S Does anyone know any good hotels in L.A ? :)

It would be so fun to meet other fans from around the world!!
Sorry for my English grammar, I hope y'all understand.

L.O.V.E, Victor Toivonen
r0b3bn.jpg

Re: June 2014, 5th anniversary in L.A

Heey,

I am also planning to visit LA, for Michael's 5th year anniversary. I bet there will be a lot of events organised by fans, such as visisting Forest Lawn..I secretly hope the estate will organize something nice for us to do tho.
I do not really know where you are planning to stay? What is it you want to do, what attractions are you intending to visit next to Forest Lawn ect.

If you need any help with info about LA, let me know. I used to live in Southbay and am familiar with a lot of things around Hollywood!

Also, keep in mind that Neverland isn't that ''close'' to LA. I think it would almost be impossible to go there with public transport, so you definitely need a car. Maybe we can organize this, so we can all plan to carpool or something. I do not own a driver license, so it is impossible for me to rent a car..but I however still have my USA GPS which I do not mind borrowing to someone from this board if they are planning to go there.

Re: June 2014, 5th anniversary in L.A

Hope u will have a great time meeting up with mj fans next year :)

The summer will be upon us soon, I thought it might be good to bump this thread. :D

As most of my close fan-friends don't do anything on the 25th anymore, I'm anticipating being alone. But I would like to be with other fans, it's nice to be around people that understand :blush:. I'm sure that many of you have set plans and activities in place, which I don't want to impose upon, but it would be nice to hang out or share a meal with MJ fam. If you're open to meeting up, pm me. Here are the few plans that I do have:

I'm gonna be at Brad Sundberg's seminar on the 25th, I may stop by FL briefly early that morning but I won't stay long (maybe like 8-10am). If not on the 25th, I'll go either the day before or after, and probably for longer than two hours.

I don't see myself as being in much of a party mood that week, but I am open to grabbing dinner/drinks/mellow fan get-togethers. Depending on my mood and energy level lol, I may be up for a turn-around Neverland trip on the night of the 25th (NL is about an hour and a half drive north of LA). Besides the seminar I have zero plans and I'm open to (almost) any fan events that you guys let me know about, with two big exceptions..

1) If spending time at Carolwood is something that is in your plans personally, I more than likely won't be joining you, but I can meet up with you before or after if you'd like to. I DO NOT want to hang out at Carolwood, the most I'll do is a quick drive-by, but I don't want to linger there if at all. Just too depressing for me. On top of that, the guy that lives in the house now is a complete @sshole and despises fans, he cussed out a few fans last year for trying to leave notes and flowers at the gate.

2) Everyone grieves differently, I try to be sensitive to this. But for myself, dance parties and such on the 25th aren't my thing. I don't mind hanging out somewhere in a low-key environment, but if you're planning to do big fan parties and laugh and dance while blasting Michael music, I hope you enjoy it but I can go. There's nothing wrong those parties, just for me, June 25th doesn't get me into party mode.

I hope that didn't sound TOO nit-pickey lol, I'm really easy-going I promise lol. I'm just more reflective and want to do soothing things on that day rather than "celebrate". Again I have no set plans outside of the seminar, so if anyone has the skinny on the week's itinerary or wants to meet up with me, let me know! Otherwise I'll probably just do my own thing and wander about.

Here's hoping that I'm able to meet some of you, pm me if you'd like to plan!

I plan to be in LA at Forest Lawn on June 25th.My first time ever going to see where he is.:(

Back