William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

Ashtanga

Proud Member
Meanwhile, I should be vibin. Got an amazing Strange Cargo album. Finished now and ready to release. And going to cut vocals in LA with Britney in a few weeks. We've songs to die for. Been in the studio with some amazing new artists, Charli XCX, Triana Terry, Katy B. And am working on a Queen song with vocals from Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. Recorded in 1982 and unreleased. Amazing. And a couple of 'curation' projects. And doing cartoons again. And more chapters for my book. And a project in the science world. And tidying up and organising my very cluttered home and studios. And getting out more in London town. Party style. Not idle. But I did put my heart and soul into that channel

https://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/posts/10151762420004863

:unsure:

Re: William Orbit working on a unreleased song of Freddie Mercury and Michael?

Interesting!
I really like william orbits Mix of "Barbers Adagio For Strings" :D
On the music front this year we have now had reports of Teddy Riley having a track titled "Joy" and the other day Snoop Dogg confirming he recorded an unreleased track with Michael and now this confirmation from William orbit.It's nice to hear let's hope all these are true and maybe we will get a chance in the future to hear these tracks ;)

Finally! I know we have the demos of There Must Be More To Life Than This and State Of Schock, but I'd love to have an official release of those songs. Plus the song Victory of course, which we never heard.

I thought that Queen members will be finishing the songs.. I don't really like this.

I thought that Queen members will be finishing the songs.. I don't really like this.

I see what you mean. For it to be truer to what it would have been, why bring in a third party 90s dance producer.

I see what you mean. For it to be truer to what it would have been, why bring in a third party 90s dance producer.

Yeah, I like that authenticity, for example on Michael album the only finished songs for me were Hold My Hand, Another Day & The Way You Love Me. All others were remixes by someone who didn't work on the song originally.

I don't know this producer, I'm not familiar with his work, so I can't tell.. Is he regular Queen producer? I just want them to sound like finished recordings and not like remixes (Behind the Mask, Hollywood Tonight, Slave To The Rhythm..).

I don't know this guy, William Orbit, so I looked up what kind of music he makes. Based on this it seems like these will be dance remixes. I'm not too fond of the idea, but maybe that's how they are trying to reach the general public.

Well, they already did this to Freddie's music when they released Living On My Own as a modern dance remix after his death:

Is he working on an original track of MJ and Queen (did queen turn that over to him) or is he speaking of the fan remix..

Not forgetting work writing and producing much of the stuff on Madonna's Ray of Light album. I'm sure he picked up some Grammys for his efforts.

I don't know this producer, I'm not familiar with his work, so I can't tell.. Is he regular Queen producer?

He's not a Queen producer.

I personally loved his work with Madonna,and I hope that he does the proper justice to both Freddie and Michael's vocals in the song.

dont like the sound of this, i'd rather the remaining members of queen to finish the song's from recorded demo's.

Brian May is the one who should finish those songs.

We don't know that William Orbit is finishing the songs, per se. He could be making a remix. He never specifically said what he was doing; he only said he was working on them. It could go either way.

To be honest, I'm already very satisfied that we finally got something new around the subject of the MJ & Queen duets. The remaining Queen members said they would be released in 2012, but as expected nothing happened. I really hope these get released soon.

I think Brian and Roger know what they are doing. It’s not like the songs were taken away from them.

They still have to approve it. And I honestly doubt they are NOT working on it!!!

Can you really imagine them saying NO, we won’t do that.

Freddie is lucky man to have friends like them.

In my opinion, before a barrage of criticism, we must first wait for the release of the song. Hence we can criticize the work of Orbit in song. :fear:

Oh, come on! William Orbit is amazing and really well respected. Listen to Madonna's Ray Of Light album. It's brilliant.

Fans have to accept that if they want any archive/demo MJ songs to chart, they are going to need to tweak them a bit. Better to make them sound amazing than get the "Michael" hodge-podge of completely unrelated tracks, dubious tracks and overly produced tracks.

Queen working with William Orbit will be great.

I'm guessing that if William Orbit is working on the track it'll be low-tempo or a ballad.

Not necessarily. Orbit banged out some awesome Madonna up tempo and slower songs!

Ray Of Light, Amazing, Beautiful Stranger, etc.... for instance!

Dr. Brian May ?
@DrBrianMay

Great evening with @WilliamOrbit working with some Queen/Freddie/Michael Jackson tapes. Exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool.
1:24 AM - 12 Jul 2013

Dr. Brian May ?
@DrBrianMay

Great evening with @WilliamOrbit working with some Queen/Freddie/Michael Jackson tapes. Exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool.
1:24 AM - 12 Jul 2013

Something is definitely cooking!

68291_599284406783052_1920249908_n.png

969153_599278153450344_1559018444_n.png

Looking forward to hearing the end results of this

Getting excited for this.

Rave from the grave: Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury duets to be officially released... three decades after they were recorded.

Mercury’s former bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor working on tracks have promised ‘something for folks to hear’ in two months.
By NICK CONSTABLE

Duets featuring Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury are finally set to be officially released, three decades after they were recorded.
Mercury’s former bandmates, Brian May and Roger Taylor, are working on tracks featuring the two dead superstars and have promised ‘something for folks to hear’ in two months.
Guitarist May described working on the sessions this month as: ‘Exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool.’

Showmen: Duets featuring Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury are finally set to be officially released, three decades after they were recorded. The pair are pictured in 1980
The prospect of pop’s two greatest showmen combining in a musical reprise is a mouth-watering prospect for fans around the world.
Yet ironically the pair fell out after a collaboration in the early 1980s.

In what is thought to have been their only session together, they recorded three songs during six hours spent at Jackson’s home studio in Encino, California.
In 2011, May confirmed the Jackson estate had given permission for him to revamp the trio of recordings with Taylor and the pair have brought in US-based music producer William Orbit, who has worked with Madonna and Blur.

Exciting: The prospect of pop's two greatest showmen combining in a musical reprise is a mouth-watering prospect for fans around the world

Progress: Mercury's former bandmates, Brian May and Roger Taylor, are working on tracks featuring the two dead superstars . May is pictured performing on stage with Mercury

The tracks are likely to include new guitar solos from May along with Queen-style vocal harmonies.
Writing on his blog in reply to a fan, May, 66, said: ‘There are a few items in progress. We will have something for folks to hear in a couple of months’ time, hopefully.’
Jackson died in 2009, aged 50, after suffering cardiac arrest linked to his drug dependency. Mercury died from an Aids-related illness, aged 45, in 1991.
A Jackson family source said he believed the post-Encino row stemmed from the pair’s inability to arrange a second recording session.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-officially-released--decades-recorded.html

2 months? Can't wait! WANT TO HEAR VICTORY!

Back