Hair care

cottoncandy

Proud Member
Hey everybody!

I just think it would be a great idea to discuss and share our hair care routines. I think our hair suffers a lot of damage through coloring, straightening, curling etc.

I am naturally brunette but last year, I decided to go blonde. I was very happy with my new "fun" look back then, but now I feel like I have made a huge mistake because over time, my hair quality has never been the same again. I love blonde hair, but they are so high maintenance for me - I had to keep bleaching and coloring my roots and all, and I got a lot of hair fall due to this. I've now gone back to a dark brown hair color. Nevertheless, my hair used to be pretty smooth and healthy, but now, it's just totally dry and weak and it breaks my heart :(

Recently, I started taking extra care of my hair. For one, I am back to my natural dark brown hair so I don't have to dye the roots every now and then by painting deadly bleach on scalp. Secondly, I have started using home remedies every once or twice a week, such as an olive oil massage, and mayonnaise and egg mix packs on my hair (gross, but I have actually noticed a difference) I also avoid curling and straightening my hair.

Basically, I’m on a break from all sorts of styling lol and to be honest it feels great and that is what inspired this thread. What are the measures you ladies and gentlemen take to keep your hair healthy and nice? :D

I've always wanted to dye my hair!
i'm brunette and have always wanted to have like a light brown/ash blonde dye, but ive heard that going from dark to light hair can damage it :(
one thing I have heard what can lighten your hair is putting lemon or honey in your hair and sitting in the sun can bleach it, but Im worried it might dry it out too!
so i've just decided to stick with my natural colour :) everybody I know likes my hair colour and says it really suits me so I just take care of it instead :D
I use like a dazzling shine shampoo and sometimes a deep moisturizing one, which leaves my hair feeling lovely :)
I blow dry my hair and put tons of root lifting and thickening sprays and heat protection on it. which could be bad for it but it seems to make my hair thicker and more healthier once its dried :)
hair is one of the most important things what contributes to your style and flair :) and I love styling mine! :D

Thanks for the reply and tips ;)

Recovering damaged hair can be such a slow process! I'm starting to lose patience *sigh* Sometimes I feel like shaving my head and starting fresh lol but I'm too scared to do it.
God, what was I thinking when I bleached the life out of my hair...

Sorry it became whole essay.:/ That is all I do and know for healthy hair.

Did you use flat iron and blow dryer? Because you could have healthy hair if you didn't use heat. :/ I know from a friend of mine who she has baby pink hair, she have bleached it, now she bleaches the roots and she ever uses heat, she uses hair rollers and stuff to style them and her hair are fluffy.

My natural hair color is dirty blonde and the last 3 years I dye them, they look like this color&length(not me, pic is from google)
%25CE%2591%25CE%25BD%25CF%2584%25CE%25AF%25CE%25B3%25CF%2581%25CE%25B1%25CF%2586%25CE%25BF+%25CE%25B1%25CF%2580%25CF%258C+6.2.2011.JPG

Last 2 years I am doing every month just the roots by myself.
My edges used to break, but about 1 year I rarely use heat, and I start to use once a week coconut's oil because I have read that baby oil is not good at all for hair. The best oil for hair is daphne oil, but not for blondes because it weathered the blonde color.
The best solution is to leave them alone at least choose to use heat or dyes.
I wash every other day, twice with shampoo and once with conditioner and I cut half inch every 3-4 months :$
Finally when my hair is wet I use a comb like this
images

Have u ever tried a worthy hair mask? Hairdresser told me that they are better from oils, because other masks are specialized for dyed hair/damaged hair etc etc

Oh I'm seeing this now! Thank you for the advice and yes I used to use curling irons and flat irons a lot (depending on what hairstyles I was going for). I should have been jailed for how much I had abused my hair lol

I actually have now cut my hair really short (it's sad, but it had to be done), so I have gotten rid of most of my damaged hair. I now have to wait for my hair to grow bk till my shoulders at least so that I can cut them again to get rid of all the damaged hair. This will takes ages, but it's going to be worth it.

I do miss long hair but oh well, it is my own fault I had to cut them...

Coconut oil for hair massage is very good treatment to get healthy hair

What a COOL thread :agree:

I hate hairdressers. They put all sorts of lotion and potions on your hair and it aches and is a sticky mess :blink:

With that said :lol: I guess, you can 'experiment' in what your hair likes. I mean, my hair doesn't like shampoo.
it's greasy and out of place after a day of two. :angry:

So, I tried to wash it with just showergel :unsure: Go figure, it behaves for a whole week!
My fave brand is Adidas Pure Game. :D The wood extract in the showergel makes my hair curl too!

So, don't be afraid to 'experiment' ;)

I have long brown hair, almost to my waist. I recently started using Wen products. It takes some getting used to because it doesn't lather like a shampoo, but for me, it really does clean and condition very nicely.

Update lol :blush:

I figured out that if you wash your hair with showergel that has woud extract/ Pine or even Verne in them, your hair curls naturally. I'm really chuffed about it :D

Agadir Oil shampoo and conditioner are good for curly hair. I love Redken too.

I have ~virgin~ hair lol. No heat, no dye, no crazy treatments. Just coconut oil to condition (sometimes I use another leave-in conditioner if it's especially dry) and I'm particular about how I put it up/keep it out of my face, I only use combs, no brushes, etc etc. I want my hair to grow SUPER long and I was doing really well at it until a few years ago when I started working in aquatics and would spend 20-30 hours a week in the water, it kind of shot my hair a little bit. But I'm getting it back on track now!

Back