Page 404 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 16694

Thread: Xscape General Discussion

   
  1. #6046
    ChrisC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 416 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    Releasing a stand alone disc by no means is worth it. I can pretty much promise it won't do well; a majority of casual fans, at least those I know on a personal level, didn't give a damn about Wembley, which is a concert performance. (And no, they had no idea about the VHS situation until I told them.) Why would anyone care now? Exactly - they won't.

    Release the DVD with the deluxe version. That's the best bet.
    You've missed the point. Without knowing what the DVD is, you're reasoning that it's inclusion is more valuable than more songs.

    You know, we're talking about Michael Jackson here. The musician.

    And your argument rests entirely around the commercial aspect. While I agree that's important, it's also important to give people a product of substance and worth that doesn't necessarily ring ching ching in your ears.

  2. #6047

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 220 Times in 82 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post

    ALSO - do you think singles will only be digital or will we be able to buy physical singles too?

    AND finally - if the single is released on iTunes will we get more versions of the song? - Like old demos had a b-side etc. - Maybe STTR is released on a single with 4 tracks - the album (new) version, 2 remix and the original demo?
    There were two physical singles from the Michael album. I bought Hold my Hand in a music shop. If I remember correctly, Hollywood Tonight was harder to get. The era of physical singles is nearing it's end, they're just too expensive to compete with digital singles. I'm not sure whether there will be physical singles this time.
    The Hollywood Tonight CD was rather unimpressing, it had the song and some dance-remixes. Hold my Hand had an alternate version that was rather close to the album version.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to thiron For This Useful Post:


  4. #6048
    Themidwestcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    2,535
    Thanks
    2,558
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 684 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Well people that don't want the DVD sure won't buy it, but people that do - will. Any deluxe package is presumably aimed at more of a fan market than an everyday punter market. And anyway, they're already issuing two products, so I don't get your two items point.



    The cost to make one or for fans to buy? So ditch the DVD? We don't even know what's supposed to be on it so I find it odd that you're advocates for its inclusion. Can you imagine if Michael made his music whilst worrying about how he needed to put a bonus DVD with his album. Laughable.



    So you're suggesting that a lot of people are buying the album ONLY for, or primarily for, the DVD? Which nobody even knows the content of!

    You've all completely missed the point.

    You've missed my point as well. Why have a DVD as a stand alone when it can conveniently fit in the 2 disc format they are aiming for? presumably it would be something like this.

    Original version 8 songs. 1CD
    Deluxe version 8, (or 16 if they include remixes) songs [Originals). 1 CD
    Stand Alone DVD version [?] . 1 DVD

    That is just to excessive and completely unnecessary. Not to mention that sales from a DVD standalone will not be counted towards album sales.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  6. #6049

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 330 Times in 136 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

    The cost to make one or for fans to buy? So ditch the DVD? We don't even know what's supposed to be on it so I find it odd that you're advocates for its inclusion. Can you imagine if Michael made his music whilst worrying about how he needed to put a bonus DVD with his album. Laughable.


    Both, more costs for us and them. But it's not like we can decide anything.

    I'm thankful we get the album. But the fan in me would of course say make it at least 12 tracks (both versions = 24) and release an additional gift set including even more extras and blu-ray.


    "We need to save our galaxy...! Are you ready?... Let's dance!" - Michael Jackson

  7. #6050

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Thanks
    1,053
    Thanked 2,402 Times in 862 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    You've missed the point. Without knowing what the DVD is, you're reasoning that it's inclusion is more valuable than more songs.

    You know, we're talking about Michael Jackson here. The musician.

    And your argument rests entirely around the commercial aspect. While I agree that's important, it's also important to give people a product of substance and worth that doesn't necessarily ring ching ching in your ears.
    I'm aware of that. But we're also in 2014. Where music and music DVDs are substantially less popular than they were back when Michael was at his peak commercially + a time where Michael is not the biggest money maker and is only recently been given the VIP treatment as far as promotion goes.

    And I guarantee I know what will be on the DVD: a making-of featurette and the two bonus videos. What else is there going to be? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but for now that's the best option.

    Fans are directed towards the album. Putting out that plus a bonus DVD is a waste of money, because very few people will pick up both.

  8. #6051
    Themidwestcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    2,535
    Thanks
    2,558
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 684 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I'm aware of that. But we're also in 2014. Where music and music DVDs are substantially less popular than they were back when Michael was at his peak commercially + a time where Michael is not the biggest money maker and is only recently been given the VIP treatment as far as promotion goes.

    And I guarantee I know what will be on the DVD: a making-of featurette and the two bonus videos. What else is there going to be? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but for now that's the best option.

    Fans are directed towards the album. Putting out that plus a bonus DVD is a waste of money, because very few people will pick up both.
    I Agree with you on this Alwaysthere. I mean if they can fit a lot of videos on the DVD disc i don't see any reason why it should be separated as a stand alone. It also looks better from a commercial point of view. Deluxe version with original demos + a DVD all in the same package, instead of first buying the CD then buying the DVD as separate entities.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  10. #6052
    ChrisC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 416 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    You've missed my point as well. Why have a DVD as a stand alone when it can conveniently fit in the 2 disc format they are aiming for?
    Because you've just removed 4 songs and knocked 20 minutes off the album making it notably a very short album. Bordering on EP.

    I've not missed your point at all. This stems from the point that was made that they couldn't make a two disc version (with disc two as Michael's demos) BECAUSE they HAD to put a DVD as the 2nd disc.

    All along when fans were anticipating this album, the overwhelming request was for a two-disc version where one disc had Michael's songs untouched. Now since the announcement, there's a lot of people who don't want that anymore because they're getting a DVD. DESPITE no one knowing what value that DVD actually adds.

    I appreciate that in this deluxe version we're getting the new versions, the old versions AND a DVD of unknown content - which is great. Everyone's happy. All I was answering was the point that stated they simply couldn't have made a longer album BECAUSE of the unknown DVD. That's garbage.

    I don't understand your obsession with a DVD being counted separately. You're suggesting that the bonus DVD will be in content value equal to or greater than the album itself and that without it being included it will harm sales of the album! You can't possibly know that until we know the nature of the DVD. It might just have 2 videos and a short featurette? Frankly if that were the case I'd rather have 4 more songs.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:


  12. #6053
    ChrisC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,094
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 416 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysThere View Post
    I'm aware of that. But we're also in 2014. Where music and music DVDs are substantially less popular than they were back when Michael was at his peak commercially + a time where Michael is not the biggest money maker and is only recently been given the VIP treatment as far as promotion goes.

    And I guarantee I know what will be on the DVD: a making-of featurette and the two bonus videos. What else is there going to be? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but for now that's the best option.

    Fans are directed towards the album. Putting out that plus a bonus DVD is a waste of money, because very few people will pick up both.
    I certainly wouldn't buy a standalone DVD where that was the content, no. So how can you justify that it's inclusion is more important than more Michael Jackson music?! This is what I don't get.

  13. #6054
    Hess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,052
    Thanks
    805
    Thanked 2,417 Times in 965 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Repost

    I have a - maybe stupid - question...

    When they first single is released will we then get an announcement first - or will it all of a sudden just be available on iTunes?

    ALSO - do you think singles will only be digital or will we be able to buy physical singles too?

    AND finally - if the single is released on iTunes will we get more versions of the song? - Like old demos had a b-side etc. - Maybe STTR is released on a single with 4 tracks - the album (new) version, 2 remix and the original demo?

    Or how do you think they will release singles? - I only ever buy MJ singles - and the industry has changed since Michael. - And to be honest I can't really remember how it went down back then...

    Will singles be on spotify you think? - and would it be smart? Maybe the first single should be on spotify just for the promotion and make people aware that a new MJ album is on the way??
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ahess
    I would be really glad if you rated or/and commented the videos. Thanks



  14. #6055
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    4,979
    Thanks
    1,158
    Thanked 4,443 Times in 1,201 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    If we bow down to these idiotic reactions and shy away from releasing a great song just because of fears like this, then haters already won.
    And if Do You Know Where Your Children Are is not released out of fear of what some people will say then wouldn't that look like we got something to hide? It would seem a lot more sinister to keep the song swept under the rug and not release it than it would be to release it.

  15. #6056
    Themidwestcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    2,535
    Thanks
    2,558
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 684 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Because you've just removed 4 songs and knocked 20 minutes off the album making it notably a very short album. Bordering on EP.

    I've not missed your point at all. This stems from the point that was made that they couldn't make a two disc version (with disc two as Michael's demos) BECAUSE they HAD to put a DVD as the 2nd disc.

    All along when fans were anticipating this album, the overwhelming request was for a two-disc version where one disc had Michael's songs untouched. Now since the announcement, there's a lot of people who don't want that anymore because they're getting a DVD. DESPITE no one knowing what value that DVD actually adds.

    I appreciate that in this deluxe version we're getting the new versions, the old versions AND a DVD of unknown content - which is great. Everyone's happy. All I was answering was the point that stated they simply couldn't have made a longer album BECAUSE of the unknown DVD. That's garbage.

    I don't understand your obsession with a DVD being counted separately. You're suggesting that the bonus DVD will be in content value equal to or greater than the album itself and that without it being included it will harm sales of the album! You can't possibly know that until we know the nature of the DVD. It might just have 2 videos and a short featurette? Frankly if that were the case I'd rather have 4 more songs.
    Your issue is not about whether we should have a stand alone or not, it is about the lack of songs to make a complete LP. I wish too we could have more songs but that's not gonna happen. IF the album had more songs then it would be more sensible to put out a 3rd disc and maybe make it a stand alone, yes. But your arguing point is coming from a hypothetical place, " If we had 2 discs, 1 with remixes and 1 with original" You can't negate the fact that right now you're preaching about a 3rd disc stand alone while the other 2 disc's will only contain of 8 songs. Not only would that be a colossal waste of CD time but a robbery for the consumers.

    I do agree with you that we cannot argue about the DVD until someone ascertains the content of the DVD, but wasn't it said that there would be 2 videos? Then there is from where we can draw our conclusions. Here is my gist with the DVD ordeal. Have you seen sales for music based DVD's? I mean comeon, CD and DVD sales are dwindling and crumbling as we speak. Having one package that you can promote and focus on is better than having a package + a stand alone DVD the side. after all this is not a DVD release this is a CD release. If they can kill two birds with one stone including a DVD in a deluxe package then that's great. But going through with making a separate DVD for an CD is unnecessary IMO. Especially under these circumstances

  16. #6057
    innuendo141's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Limerick, Ireland
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 874 Times in 323 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    I bet the DVD is Bad world tour in New York 1988.....

    "I reign with my left hand, I rule with my right,
    I'm Lord of all Darkness, I'm Queen of the Night,
    I have the power, now do The March of the Black Queen"

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:


  18. #6058
    Themidwestcowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden (Svergie)
    Posts
    2,535
    Thanks
    2,558
    Thanked 2,006 Times in 684 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    I bet the DVD is Bad world tour in New York 1988.....
    Haha, imagine if they would pull such a trick. i would go mental

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:


  20. #6059
    Metin Jackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    426
    Thanked 238 Times in 49 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    So many news sites posting the full version of xscape but the old leaked version, that brings much confusion to the main public. we need to stop that!

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Metin Jackson For This Useful Post:


  22. #6060

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    572
    Thanked 370 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

    Let's be HAPPY!! New MJ album on its way

Page 404 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504904 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About MJJCommunity
We are MJJCommunity - The Michael Jackson Community, here for Michael his legacy and the fans since 2001, we encompass all areas of the web so why not join us the fans of Michael Jackson.
Join us