Xscape General Discussion

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
Re: News about possible upcoming MJ album

William Orbit ?@WilliamOrbit 21 Aug
The stirring sound of Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson coming out of my studio speakers today!!!

https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/status/370228959629156352

William Orbit July 6

Meanwhile, I should be vibin. Got an amazing Strange Cargo album. Finished now and ready to release. And going to cut vocals in LA with Britney in a few weeks. We've songs to die for. Been in the studio with some amazing new artists, Charli XCX, Triana Terry, Katy B. And am working on a Queen song with vocals from Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. Recorded in 1982 and unreleased. Amazing. And a couple of 'curation' projects. And doing cartoons again. And more chapters for my book. And a project in the science world. And tidying up and organising my very cluttered home and studios. And getting out more in London town. Party style. Not idle. But I did put my heart and soul into that channel

https://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/posts/10151762420004863

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dj Freestyle Steve 19 Aug
?@freestylesteve
So Last Night I Heard Some Of The New Tracks @Timbaland Is Doing For The King Of PoP... WOOOOW.. #DjLife

https://twitter.com/freestylesteve/status/369363487203418113

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

Maybe it's time for a new thread in this section, regarding everything to do with the upcoming MJ project?

New tweets from Al Berry:

Al Berry ?@altberry21 AugJust finished A session for a Michael Jackson project.. Laid down some funky bass ! #LoveMusic

Al Berry ?@altberry
7hLips are sealed about MJ Session.. Those who know, know.. For now!

https://twitter.com/altberry/status/370273567759273986
https://twitter.com/altberry/status/370566332699246592

I had to look him up. Never heard of him.

So will it be duet?

^^ He said he put down some bass layers, so I would imagine not.

There has to be a new album coming. There are just too many hints.

Secret Project regarding new Michael Jackson song's from Michael Durham Prince ''Soon.''

''So Many Hard drives spinning and humming, new tracks from MJ soon will be coming.''
417689_454513487955247_972594892_n.png

@MichaelPrinceMD: ''Brad Buxer & Michael Prince Hangin' @The Kore - Working on The Secret Project!! Be Patient''
b0d880485ca411e2891a22000a9d0ec6_7.jpg

Last edited:

Exciting..

Stay faithful to Michael's vision, that's many of us are asking. *crossed fingers*

It's like we are getting an album with lots of different material. Many different people working on them. Timbaland, Al Berry, MP & BB. Waiting for more names to pop up.

From the looks of it, it seems like this album is going to be pretty good. *knock on wood*

Someone (I think Zakk) posted these tweets by Rodney Jerkins recently. Of course it's not clear whether he is talking about the next MJ project or something else, but since we are speculating here anyway, I thought I would add it to the thread:

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus Albums are meant 2 be a musical journey, a music experience of the artist life so that fans connect 2 the whole story not to just 1 chapter.

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus The worst thing is when u have a lot of great producers, great writers, great features all on 1 album but still don't have a cohesive sound.

I just hope this is authorized given the justin beiber fisaco i dont trust anyone anymore when it comes to using unreleased mj stuff (just my thoughts)

Question. Aren't the Freddy Mercury and MJ duets a separate project?

^^ I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that the Mercury/Jackson songs are going to be on a Queen project.

Two months ago I would of said its unlikely we will get a new album this year, now it looks like its almost a definite. Please dear god don't let this be a disaster like the michael album. Let this project regain the faith and respect of fans and more then anything make this album something Mike would be truly proud of!

Someone (I think Zakk) posted these tweets by Rodney Jerkins recently. Of course it's not clear whether he is talking about the next MJ project or something else, but since we are speculating here anyway, I thought I would add it to the thread:

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus Albums are meant 2 be a musical journey, a music experience of the artist life so that fans connect 2 the whole story not to just 1 chapter.

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 21 augustus The worst thing is when u have a lot of great producers, great writers, great features all on 1 album but still don't have a cohesive sound.

Sounds like he wants more money for himself IMO.

^^ I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that the Mercury/Jackson songs are going to be on a Queen project.

I'm not sure where I read it but it was suggested one song will be on a Queen album. So the other two on a Michael album? This would make sense from the aspect that TMBMTLTT was written by Freddie, so I guess it would rather be on a Queen album. SOS was (co)written by Michael and Victory was written by Michael and Freddie. So that could be a reason of putting them on different releases, however I think it would be wiser to market the three songs together and to put them on the same album. Or maybe release them as a seperate EP - but the three songs together.

On the other hand William Orbit mentioned on working on songS (plural) and he worked on them together with Queen so maybe all three will be on a Queen album?

Just imagine, a new album with Michael Prince & Brad Buxer, Al, Timbaland and maybe Darkchild + Freddie = heaven. :clap:

Sounds like he wants more money for himself IMO.

He's right. One producer should do the whole album. That's why Off The Wall, Thriller & Bad have the same sound on all songs. When you are listening Dangerous you have a feeling that there are 2 different albums, one produced by Teddy and one produced by MJ & Bill Bottrell. It's still my favourite but I would like a full album with Teddy and a full album with Bill.

Also a full album with Rodney now would be amazing. There is probably enough unreleased MJ/Darkchild material for a full album. If there is not, it would be cool if Rodney do updated versions of their previous work, for example We've Had Enough, Threatened, Heartbreaker.

Imagine Threatened 2013 and Heartbreaker 2013 with new production! I would love to hear that.

Last edited:

The announcement is coming. What do you think? New album in this year or they tease us? :p

The announcement is coming. What do you think? New album in this year or they tease us? :p

Definitely this year. They wouldn't hire all this producers and musicians if they don't plan to release it this year. They are waiting the trial to finish and then after some time they'll release the announcement. And the album around Christmas. The trial will finish last week of September, then the jury will get the case for about a week.. all things will be over in the middle of October. Announcement in November, album in December.

The last quote I saw from William Orbit only talked about one song being worked. That would tie in with the MJ Estate's statement that they would only allow Queen to release one song, with the others being reserved for themselves.

It's possible that whatever song W Orbit is working on could appear on both a new MJ album and a Queen/Freddie album. In fact, I think that's what will happen.

Secret Project regarding new Michael Jackson song's from Michael Durham Prince ''Soon.''

''So Many Hard drives spinning and humming, new tracks from MJ soon will be coming.''

I hope they've backed up those drives! :)

The last quote I saw from William Orbit only talked about one song being worked. That would tie in with the MJ Estate's statement that they would only allow Queen to release one song, with the others being reserved for themselves.

It's possible that whatever song W Orbit is working on could appear on both a new MJ album and a Queen/Freddie album. In fact, I think that's what will happen.

That doesn't make any sense. What Estate's statement? Please give me the link to that statement. No Roger Friedman bullshit please. He is making these things up, just like he was making things up in 2010 before Michael album. He is not an insider, he is a joke.

William orbit stated he was working on a different type of album. I believe he called it a concept album or something with many artists. I hope what ever that is its seperate from the new MJ album. Im excited for the Freddy songs but they are very old. Want the new MJ songs pls!

William orbit stated he was working on a different type of album. I believe he called it a concept album or something with many artists. I hope what ever that is its seperate from the new MJ album. Im excited for the Freddy songs but they are very old. Want the new MJ songs pls!
How do we know the (other) songs on the upcoming MJ album are going to be recent though? The 7 tracks on Michael were also a seemingly rather random selection from different eras.

I don't know what's going on but I'm excited! :)

That doesn't make any sense. What Estate's statement? Please give me the link to that statement. No Roger Friedman bullshit please. He is making these things up, just like he was making things up in 2010 before Michael album. He is not an insider, he is a joke.

In my post I was actually referring to something Roger had posted without even realising it (it wasn't actually a 'statement' by the Estate), but now I have looked into it I found the post again.

Anyway, Roger said at the end of July that the Estate dictated Queen could only release ONE MJ song.

Ivy posted this from william Orbit:
William Orbit July 6

Meanwhile, I should be vibin. Got an amazing Strange Cargo album. Finished now and ready to release. And going to cut vocals in LA with Britney in a few weeks. We've songs to die for. Been in the studio with some amazing new artists, Charli XCX, Triana Terry, Katy B. And am working on a Queen song with vocals from Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson. Recorded in 1982 and unreleased. Amazing. And a couple of 'curation' projects. And doing cartoons again. And more chapters for my book. And a project in the science world. And tidying up and organising my very cluttered home and studios. And getting out more in London town. Party style. Not idle. But I did put my heart and soul into that channel

https://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/posts/10151762420004863

He only mentions one song, which as I said could confirm what Friedman already posted.

Now if we agree that Orbit is only working on one Freddie/MJ song (he confirmed it himself), and that song was thought to be part of a Queen release then it's not difficult to imagine the song might also appear on an MJ album IF the two album projects are released at a similar time (i.e. toward the end of this year). Just my opinion, but I can't see why you don't think it makes sense.

Actually, did Queen ever confirm the song was going to be on one of their own albums, or did we just assume it?? I could be that the song was always meant for the MJ album from the beginning but nobody realised it yet. Perhaps the info about this Queen track was the first clue we had about a new MJ album coming.

Back