Unreleased Victory Tour footage leaks online!

billyworld99

Proud Member
mj-victory-tour-michael-jackson-7905571-2560-1552-e1378017089845.jpg

Around six minutes of unreleased footage of Michael Jackson and The Jacksons performing during their legendary Victory Tour has leaked online.

The footage, uploaded to YouTube by a fan, showcases The Jacksons’ performing one of three shows at the Canadian National Exhibition Stadium in Toronto in early October, 1984.

The Victory tour, which consisted of 55 concerts across the U.S and Canada between July and December 1984, is one of the most highly sought-after items in the Jackson fan community. There are several low quality copies of different shows available on YouTube, however to date there has been no official release of the Victory Tour on any format.

The recently leaked footage, seen below, seems to be of a very high quality and is professionally edited

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UH3VSbXcwCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do YOU want to see The Jacksons’ Victory Tour released officially?

http://www.damienshields.com/unreleased-victory-tour-footage-leaks-online/

How do fans have this while the Estate doesn't?

I heard Michael gave himself some copies during VHS tour to some fans. And as Michael was so unorganized, it comes at no surprise that the Estate didn't come across all his stuff. Most of them might have been destroyed as in the "mith" with the "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (French Version) single.

It's all nice that a handful of "insiders" have access to material like this, but I wish all the fans and also the general public could enjoy these. This way it will either be only available to a handful of people or if it leaks fully to YouTube then it will devalue it for future release. (Just like no one wants Yokohama to be released any more because it's all out there, even though it would have made a great release since it's a great show.) A bit sad IMO.

OMG!!!!! Wow :eek:

So much great stuff out that we have been denied of.. Fans want this stuff!!!

I heard Michael gave himself some copies during VHS tour to some fans. And as Michael was so unorganized, it comes at no surprise that the Estate didn't come across all his stuff. Most of them might have been destroyed as in the "mith" with the "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (French Version) single.

VHS tour :D

All of you, please request a proper Bluray release in the estate section!!!

As much as I like this awesome footage (which I have watched over 10 times) it's a big slap in the face. The original uploader went through all that trouble to prove what he has and then not share. Nevertheless, its still better than nothing. :)

How do fans have this while the Estate doesn't?

how do you know what Estate has or doesn't have? Did they release a list?

All of you, please request a proper Bluray release in the estate section!!!

For an Estate release approach this realistically. Estate only represents Michael, they don't represent the rest of the Jacksons. Any Jackson 5 release would require an agreement with Jacksons/ their representatives / record companies who control rights and so on. One party might hold any possible release by not agreeing. So this is not solely in the hands of MJ Estate.

how do you know what Estate has or doesn't have? Did they release a list?

Well, if they have it they should release it before someone devalues it by leaking it like Yokohama.

Well, if they have it they should release it before someone devalues it by leaking it like Yokohama.

As I said releasing Jackson 5 stuff is not solely at the hands of the Estate. They would require approval from the Jacksons, reps, record companies etc. It is even possible for anti- Estate Jacksons to stop a release by not giving permission. So it's not that easy in this instance IMO.

^^True..Remember how many lawyers and managers were involved in the victory tour. Each Jackson brother had his own lawyer and manager. Then, they was a promoter for the African-American community and a promoter for the White community. That brings us up to at least 12 people already and counting.

Nice to see that this footage exists, but I'd rather have an official HIStory tour release or an HD Bad tour release!

Is this film or JumboTron footage? I hope this or some other concert gets released. It would be amazing!

If this gets traded around a bit among collectors I'm sure it will leak.

Damn it.
Great quality. Hope to see the full show one day !

Now I don't know much about this guy by the name of Charles Thomson, although i'm sure some of you may have heard of him, but he' just commented on the damienshields.com website about the matter & this is what he had to say about it for the most part:

"I can&#8217;t see the Estate ever releasing this, firstly because they seem intent on primarily marketing Michael post-Thriller, when he was lighter-skinned and therefore more commercially viable, and secondly because it would actually be positive for MJ&#8217;s family, who the Estate overtly despise and sabotage at every possible opportunity."

"What a surprise. &#8216;Rumours&#8217; about Michael&#8217;s black relatives being greedy crooks, trying to profit from their brother&#8217;s death.

Blatant propaganda with absolutely no reliable factual basis.

The Estate simply has no intention of ever releasing anything which will in any way benefit MJ&#8217;s relatives, who the Estate overtly despise, publicly criticise and constantly attempt to sabotage. The Estate has even put out statements mocking MJ&#8217;s relatives as conspiracy theorists and making nasty comments about how they were not included in MJ&#8217;s (questionable) will. The Estate is overlty antagonistic towards the Jacksons.

The cover art for the Michael album is a disgrace and appears to have been designed with the specific intention of being as offensive as humanly possible. It depicts Joseph and Katherine surrounded by a leather belt, and Michael&#8217;s children at his memorial service, smiling upwards as hundred-dollar bills fall from the sky. Two naked children hover either side of MJ&#8217;s head and John Branca&#8217;s face appears in a mural of MJ&#8217;s supposed heroes, alongside James Brown and Martin Luther King.

It&#8217;s true that John McClain is black, but it&#8217;s also true that he is powerless within the context of the Estate; a clear subordinate to John Branca. Let&#8217;s not forget, John McClain believed that the Cascio tracks were fake and was opposed to their inclusion on the Michael album. When one of the two executors believes the songs are fake and they get released anyway, that tells you how much Branca values his opinions when it comes to the decision-making process.

Michael Jackson was bigger in America during the Thriller era, but bigger internationally in later years after his skin became lighter. The trial destroyed MJ&#8217;s image in America but less so abroad, particularly in Japan and Europe. Which image of MJ is used to sell the Immortal Tour &#8211; the Estate&#8217;s biggest profit-making venture since MJ&#8217;s death? It&#8217;s MJ in the early 90s, with lighter skin. The computer game? Same. The &#8216;One&#8217; show? Same."

I hope the full video gets released one day. I don't know if the poster of that video has the full show or not.

a few shows exist on 35mm film meaning a blu ray is 100% possible, and they are in the estate's possession. i'm hoping for hd from those films.

MJJsBADEraLady87;3896107 said:
Now I don't know much about this guy by the name of Charles Thomson, although i'm sure some of you may have heard of him, but he' just commented on the damienshields.com website about the matter & this is what he had to say about it for the most part:

"I can’t see the Estate ever releasing this, firstly because they seem intent on primarily marketing Michael post-Thriller, when he was lighter-skinned and therefore more commercially viable, and secondly because it would actually be positive for MJ’s family, who the Estate overtly despise and sabotage at every possible opportunity."

"What a surprise. ‘Rumours’ about Michael’s black relatives being greedy crooks, trying to profit from their brother’s death.

Blatant propaganda with absolutely no reliable factual basis.

The Estate simply has no intention of ever releasing anything which will in any way benefit MJ’s relatives, who the Estate overtly despise, publicly criticise and constantly attempt to sabotage. The Estate has even put out statements mocking MJ’s relatives as conspiracy theorists and making nasty comments about how they were not included in MJ’s (questionable) will. The Estate is overlty antagonistic towards the Jacksons.

The cover art for the Michael album is a disgrace and appears to have been designed with the specific intention of being as offensive as humanly possible. It depicts Joseph and Katherine surrounded by a leather belt, and Michael’s children at his memorial service, smiling upwards as hundred-dollar bills fall from the sky. Two naked children hover either side of MJ’s head and John Branca’s face appears in a mural of MJ’s supposed heroes, alongside James Brown and Martin Luther King.

It’s true that John McClain is black, but it’s also true that he is powerless within the context of the Estate; a clear subordinate to John Branca. Let’s not forget, John McClain believed that the Cascio tracks were fake and was opposed to their inclusion on the Michael album. When one of the two executors believes the songs are fake and they get released anyway, that tells you how much Branca values his opinions when it comes to the decision-making process.

Michael Jackson was bigger in America during the Thriller era, but bigger internationally in later years after his skin became lighter. The trial destroyed MJ’s image in America but less so abroad, particularly in Japan and Europe. Which image of MJ is used to sell the Immortal Tour – the Estate’s biggest profit-making venture since MJ’s death? It’s MJ in the early 90s, with lighter skin. The computer game? Same. The ‘One’ show? Same."

I am sorry but this Charles Thompson dude has lost his goddamn mind. Please scroll up to Ivy's post for a more sensible explanation on why it is hard to produce a Victory Tour release.

someone on YT by the name of "Gweapon01" said this about 6 months ago in regards to the matter:

"people keep asking sony to release the video but sony doesn't own the rights to victory tour video, Don King does! he was the promoter of the tour and in doing so gained the rights to all video recordings of the victory tour."

Then someone by the name of "James Pearson" on YT said this as well: James Pearson 1 month ago

"I've said over and over and i'll say this again,the problem with the release of the"Victory Tour" on dvd or blu-ray lies not with the brothers or any label but the estate of Michael Jackson. The brothers wanted the footage released for years and own some footage,but the? concert in its entirety was shot and filmed by Michaels camera crew and now it(meaning the footage) and Michaels likeness in any form is owned since his passing by his estate who will not release it deems ready."

^^

another comment about the video

&#8220;People keep&#65279; asking sony to release the video, but sony doesn&#8217;t own the rights to victory tour video, Don King does! he was the promoter of the tour at the time, and in doing so gained the rights to all video recordings of the victory tour.&#8221;

As I said Estate only controls Michael Jackson's rights. In this instance there are 5 other brothers, producers, promoters and record companies involved. Unless Estate comes out and says "yeah we have it all under our control and we won't release it" it's just speculation.

and honestly skin tone comments are offensive.

Back