Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,642 Times in 608 Posts

Default Michael Jacobshagen - all discussion here [MERGED]

One of the boys whom Michael befriended in the 90s, Michael Jacobshagen, released a book on MJ's 55th birthday called "Will You Be My Friend?"

http://www.amazon.com/Will-You-Be-My...ref=pd_sim_b_1

It's his tribute to Michael. The book is thin - about 100 pages if you exude the pictures, and it's written in a not very good English, but I appreciated stories he had to tell. He mostly talks about his personal childhood experience with Michael, but also mentions some important things - the insomnia and prescription drug issues MJ had during the HIStory tour, and what a strain it was for him to complete the tour in 1997. Reading this, you clearly see that Michael shouldn't have ever been allowed to plan another tour by medical reasons alone

He also mentions how much Michael HATED remixes of his songs, and how he didn't want to release BOTDF compilation; how "Smile" single was cancelled after Michael had refused to appear on a TV show.

Michael's childlike side really comes forward when Jacobshagen describes their past time and hide-and-seek games they played together, and how Michael always went out of his way to make sure that the kids around him were happy. It's heartwarming, but also sad knowing how that turned out for Michael. And what's important, Jacobshagen defends MJ against the allegations. I really appreciate him coming forward and doing this at this time, against Robson's claims. I hope fans will support this book and someone will send a gift copy to Diane Dimond.

Drawbacks:
    The book is short, and although there are a few new photos, they are of terrible quality. In the last chapters he talks about Michael's last years which he didn't personally witness, and even speculates about the murder conspiracy a little bit. I would have preferred if he had written more about the Michael he knew instead. The grammar could benefit from an English-speaking editor. But even with all that, I think it's a nice tribute from a friend.

The book's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micha...16877821707577

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Book: "Will You Be My Friend?" by Michael Jacobshagen

Thanks. Does he specifically say anything about Wade?

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I think I remember this kid... I remember seeing him with Michael on the German news, how they went to the zoo with Prince.
    Got to find a way somehow,
    nothing's gonna stop me now,
    got to find a way somehow,
    even though you're gone.
    Things don't seem as bad as they did
    yesterday,
    every minute I get stronger,
    somehow someway.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 957 Posts

Michael Jacobshagen A true friend :huggy:

My SuperMoon and SuperSun.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wendijane For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djbaby View Post
    Thanks. Does he specifically say anything about Wade?
    No, he mentions the past two allegations and speaks about the trial.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to morinen For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,564 Times in 3,740 Posts

Sounds like a mostly truthful book but speculating about something he didn't witness, was it really necessary?

I appreciate too those kind of anecdotes because it gives me an idea how Michael the human being was.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow White luvs Peter Pan For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,324 Times in 4,049 Posts

How does he know about the History tour and insomnia if he was a childhood friend of Michael's? I thought this person was around Michael when he was little, like Alfonse. Did an adult give him some information about that? Strange that in the book I am reading, those who went to the History tour, met Michael, and talked to him, don't see that strain. It is so interesting how different people see Michael at the same time and have different knowledge of how he seems.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Petrarose View Post
    How does he know about the History tour and insomnia if he was a childhood friend of Michael's? I thought this person was around Michael when he was little, like Alfonse. Did an adult give him some information about that? Strange that in the book I am reading, those who went to the History tour, met Michael, and talked to him, don't see that strain. It is so interesting how different people see Michael at the same time and have different knowledge of how he seems.
    He spent time with Michael during and after HIStory tour and he says he saw things. He says Michael traveled with two doctors at all times. He says MJ's problems with medication weren't a secret for his entourage. He says once Michael nearly died of a circulatory collapse and was in critical condition.

Michael was very private, secreteve even about his personal business, and I suppose he took measures to prevent people around from knowing things. Also not everyone from his circle chooses to talk about these things now.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morinen For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,949 Times in 9,321 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morinen View Post
    He says once Michael nearly died of a circulatory collapse and was in critical condition.
    When? During the tour? Wouldn't critical condition have meant that MJ should have cancelled many dates? I mean you don't just go on touring after having "nearly died" and being in "critical condition".

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to respect77 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,489 Times in 1,224 Posts

He was a kid about 9 years and really doubt he saw anything about doctors and treatments and I really don`t appreciate that his first medium is the German Bildzeitung to make up some drug-related stories about Michael.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annita For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annita View Post
    He was a kid about 9 years and really doubt he saw anything about doctors and treatments and I really don`t appreciate that his first medium is the German Bildzeitung to make up some drug-related stories about Michael.
    That is why I am asking these questions. If you travel with Michael as a kid, you will not be in the room with the docs, especially as he said Michael was very private about his business. Did he almost die in his bedroom? Who treated that circulation problem and which country did it happen in? When you are in critical condition, you end up in some intensive care facility. Did Michael go to a private clinic? We know about 1 doctor (Ratner) traveling with him. This guy says 2 did at all times. Who are these 2? Is he talking about the one for the crew? We have more drug information from the AEG trial, but still I have to examine what people say about these issues. People may try to add their stories, like Karen knowing all the time that Michael would die.

Annita do you mean he was interviewed by or published in the German Bildzeitung?

Since I am on negative overload due to the trial, I don't know if I will buy this even with the good parts about the allegations.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I don't think Ratner was on HIStory tour - not according to his deposition at least. Jacobshagen mentions "Doctor S from Munich" who was "an intensive care physician and anesthetist" - it's most probably Stroll or whatever was the name of that doctor from Germany that Debbie mentioned in her testimony.

Regarding the circulatory collapse, he says it happened in 1997, in the aftermath of the concert in Viennese Ernst Happel Stadium, and after that everyone knew about MJs problems. Since that incident two doctors started accompanying Michael around Europe. Jacobshagen also says Michael wanted to cancel the remainder of the tour, but didn't want to disappoint his fans.

Correction: the "critical condition" he mentions was another occasion, on October 97, not the Vienna one. And he didn't witness it personally. This is what he writes:
    "As I later learned, in October 1997 there was a truly critical moment: Michael had been on the edge and would have nearly died by overdose or at least gone to critical care unit. It was sheer luck that incident did not get out to the media."

Considering it's from someone else's words, it may be an exaggeration. But overall this book is not about drug addiction, and he only mentions these things to show how hard touring was for Michael (in the light of his death).
    Last edited by morinen; 08-09-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^^Ratner couldn't recall anything. Debbie said on 2 occasions 2 German docs came to put him to sleep. The first time they brought their equipment and put him to sleep. The next night or some other night he could not sleep again and the docs were called. They told him he could not do this again. Now she never said these 2 docs traveled with Michael, so who are these 2 docs?

If he traveled with 2 docs after the Viennese show, why does he say he traveled with 2 docs for the history tour. He either had 2 docs part of the tour or all through the tour; which is it? Who told him about the circulatory collapse? A kid is not going to know the name of something that happened to someone. Who told him the word circulatory collapse? How do they know he would have nearly died? How? Michael was on the "edge" and nearly died from an "overdose." Overdose of what? If he had 2 docs traveling with him, who overdosed him? There is nothing in his account that shows a drug was being taken for a ligit reason. It is just a vague drug reference about overdose, almost died, collapse, 2 doctors. Maybe this guy will have a question and answer session on his facebook or something, because I have a lot of questions.

This is what I find irritating about these things, where they just throw some disjointed information out with no context to it: Maybe 3 things are happening here but we don't know. a) there maybe some painkiller drugs involved, since he is dancing and has a problem back; b) propofol could be involved because he can't sleep; c) another illness could pop in and some meds given. However, we don't know, so he throws out this as though Michael had these 2 big issues due to drug addiction/overdose. If he can't explain what happened he should not write about it. He does not even mention what the docs were supposed to do? So, are the docs there to shoot him up with drugs so he overdose, or are they there to help Michael have sleep. From the way he writes it, what idea do you think people will come out with?

It has nothing to do with "the book is not about drug addiction." These days when I buy something like this that is not an essential product, I want good facts unless you say someone told you and you are just retelling what they say. If he is writing a story about his friendship, just write what you know. It is not a friendship if you have to ask people what happened? This is my problem with these types of accounts. You are either writing about you and the man having an experience together, or you are writing something like a researched piece where you are gathering information from others. Now I won't know if what he said about their relationship is his own account.

What I think happened is that to get this information for the book, this guy went to people who were part of the history tour and asked them what happened to Michael.

If I have to do a book review, I would put all these issues I have in it, and then add the good points and hopefully tell the reader most of the book shows the author had first hand knowledge of what he writes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Annita View Post
    /Annita,
    look at what I have found:
    https://www.facebook.com/Mysterydrink

What do you mean --- is Jacobshagen promoting Wiesner's limonata or is Wiesner promoting Jabobshagen's book or both reciprocal?
    Or maybe is W. Jacobshagen's source?

edit:

Really, it seems M. Jacobshagen uses Michael Jackson for other business too:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MiJac...98890106845921

Is "MiJac" not protected?
    Last edited by Mneme; 09-09-2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: edit:

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mneme For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The authors of the french Black & White magazin, who spent much time with Michael on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours reported similar things, that during the end of the HIStory Tour Michael was in such a bad condition that he nearly died. Does anyone have the Text? I think it was the farewell edition of the magazin after Michaels death, where they told their full history with MJ.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post: