View Poll Results: Final verdict

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • AEG liable

    80 48.19%
  • AEG not liable

    86 51.81%
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1699

Thread: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

   
  1. #1681
    Points: 4,427, Level: 42
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    67
    Points
    4,427
    Level
    42
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    The thing that always puzzles me about Murray is how he has never taken the opportunity to speak up for himself in court, yet seems more than happy to be forever blabbing to the media, via his girlfriend and TMZ etc.

    (Hope this is the right place for this post, I can't see an active Murray thread - still finding my way around.)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to VeraR For This Useful Post:


  3. #1682
    Points: 32,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,856
    Points
    32,067
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    17,511
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    If Murray does this, doesn't this violate doctor/patient privilege? a doctor should never sell out a patient like that. That is a violation of the HIPPA laws
    Jaydom, its not like CM has some ethics that he holds on. He threw away his hippocratic oath already and killed Michael, next step is sell out everything he knows about Michael, and what he is selling doesn't even have to be true, MJ is not here to deny what CM sells. We have a new Stacy B in our hands- new insider


    Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    Katherine could've made sure people remembered what Murray did to MJ, but she chose not to.. Yet MJ took care of her for 45 years of his life.
    Like what? What CM did to MJ is nothing to compared what AEG did. That is Katherine's message.
    Last edited by Bubs; 22-10-2013 at 09:11 AM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs For This Useful Post:


  5. #1683
    Points: 32,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,856
    Points
    32,067
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    17,511
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by marebear View Post
    I have to say that if anyone actually gives this man a reality show is lacking morals and integrity. Anyone to me who interviews him or gives him the time of day will be on my blacklist. He killed Michael and has no remorse over it. I cannot stomach anything from him. My fear is that people will give him a free pass and forget what he did to Michael. He needs to be reminded everyday of his life what he did. Not rewarded with shows or book deals whatever. Something is wrong with this world.
    Yeah, tell that to Michael creedy and the family (-PPB). Had thay gone after CM like Goldmans went after OJ, there wouldn't be such an offers on the table. Goldmans went hard on after OJ and they made sure that OJ was miserable, and certainly he wasn't offered reality shows etc.
    Goldmans sent a message, loud and clear that they will not allow OJ to benefit in anyway, and media got the message that this is a man who killed their loved one.
    Jackson's sent a message loud and clear that they want money, and they don't care if CM benefits of his crime. Why wouldn't media have CM in their shows and have exclusive interviews? Jackson's sent a message that it is ok, what CM did is not bad to compare what AEG did.
    Media people doesn't have to feel bad or guilty for interviewing convicted criminal.
    I will never ever forget or forgive KJ decision to withdraw the restitution, and by doing so, she sent a message that what CM did, wasn't big enough crime. What Jacksons are showing that what AEG did was far more worse than what CM did, so who has their priorities messed up?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs For This Useful Post:


  7. #1684
    Points: 10,361, Level: 67
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Westland, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    1,806
    Points
    10,361
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    5,436
    Thanked 3,845 Times in 1,060 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    The part that makes me the most MAD is that our hands are somewhat tied and we are limited in ways to stop Murray from making a fortune. We can call NBC and complain about Matt Lauer interviewing CM but this is the same network that has Martin BaSh-t as one of their main cable anchors. I sware to God I will never forgive the Jackson’s for this. They are all on my crap list now and the only ones I will ever support again are Prince, Paris and Blanket.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Victory22 For This Useful Post:


  9. #1685
    Points: 8,858, Level: 63
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Points
    8,858
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    3,263
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 923 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by Victory22 View Post
    The part that makes me the most MAD is that our hands are somewhat tied and we are limited in ways to stop Murray from making a fortune. We can call NBC and complain about Matt Lauer interviewing CM but this is the same network that has Martin BaSh-t as one of their main cable anchors. I sware to God I will never forgive the Jackson’s for this. They are all on my crap list now and the only ones I will ever support again are Prince, Paris and Blanket.
    YES!! With the exception of PP&B I can't stand any of them... MJ took care of all of them for 45 years of his short 50 years of life, and this is how they repay them?

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jaydom7 For This Useful Post:


  11. #1686
    Points: 12,465, Level: 73
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    #MJforever57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Louisville, ky.
    Posts
    3,037
    Points
    12,465
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    3,721
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 987 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    That is the biggest mistake every that the Jacksons made by not going after Murray.

    Now he can do what he want and that is to spread more lies about Michael.

    This man has gotting away with murder Murray knew what he was doing in Michael's house was wrong but did Murray care NO he didn't the oath (Do No Harm) meant nothing to Murray. All about the money it will make you do anything. Murray took a change with Michael life and in the end we lost the world greatest entainer of all time.


    Another Part Of Me Michael You Will Always Be In My Heart.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #MJforever57 For This Useful Post:


  13. #1687
    Points: 12,465, Level: 73
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    #MJforever57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Louisville, ky.
    Posts
    3,037
    Points
    12,465
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    3,721
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 987 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydom7 View Post
    YES!! With the exception of PP&B I can't stand any of them... MJ took care of all of them for 45 years of his short 50 years of life, and this is how they repay them?
    This get me so upset too Michael has took care of his family just about all of his life if it wasn't for Michael i don't know if the Jacksons could have made it.


    Another Part Of Me Michael You Will Always Be In My Heart.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to #MJforever57 For This Useful Post:


  15. #1688
    Points: 8,599, Level: 62
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    jamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,261
    Points
    8,599
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    6,587
    Thanked 3,204 Times in 861 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post

    Jackson's sent a message loud and clear that they want money, and they don't care if CM benefits of his crime. Why wouldn't media have CM in their shows and have exclusive interviews? Jackson's sent a message that it is ok, what CM did is not bad to compare what AEG did.
    Media people doesn't have to feel bad or guilty for interviewing convicted criminal.
    I will never ever forget or forgive KJ decision to withdraw the restitution, and by doing so, she sent a message that what CM did, wasn't big enough crime. What Jacksons are showing that what AEG did was far more worse than what CM did, so who has their priorities messed up?
    Yes, and when KJ says she wants him to give his $ to his kids (the way she distributes MJ's $ to her kids and to Joe), it makes it even seem not just ok but actually virtuous and good to give CM $$--it's for his kids so how can that be wrong?? Helping a dad to provide for his kids--what a noble goal (funny KJ doesn't see that her sons need to do the same for their kids, though).

    Parents taking care of their kids--now did KJ and Joe do that? Or did they put their kids to work for them--maybe CM needs to put his kids to work to provide for him, in the Jackson model??

    There is a huge disconnect here between rhetoric and the actions on KJ's part, but I bet she doesn't see it.
    Last edited by jamba; 22-10-2013 at 06:54 PM.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jamba For This Useful Post:


  17. #1689
    Points: 6,619, Level: 53
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    438
    Points
    6,619
    Level
    53
    Thanks
    1,840
    Thanked 957 Times in 315 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    Yeah, tell that to Michael creedy and the family (-PPB). Had thay gone after CM like Goldmans went after OJ, there wouldn't be such an offers on the table. Goldmans went hard on after OJ and they made sure that OJ was miserable, and certainly he wasn't offered reality shows etc.
    Goldmans sent a message, loud and clear that they will not allow OJ to benefit in anyway, and media got the message that this is a man who killed their loved one.
    Jackson's sent a message loud and clear that they want money, and they don't care if CM benefits of his crime. Why wouldn't media have CM in their shows and have exclusive interviews? Jackson's sent a message that it is ok, what CM did is not bad to compare what AEG did.
    Media people doesn't have to feel bad or guilty for interviewing convicted criminal.
    I will never ever forget or forgive KJ decision to withdraw the restitution, and by doing so, she sent a message that what CM did, wasn't big enough crime. What Jacksons are showing that what AEG did was far more worse than what CM did, so who has their priorities messed up?
    Fred Goldman! He da man. Unlike KJ, Goldman didn't get justice in a criminal trial and the offer of restitution handed to him on a silver platter. No, he had to pursue it in a civil case and when he won, he then diligently kept after OJ. Even attempts to indirectly profit using a shell company failed thanks to Fred. (The book got yanked and Goldman got the rights.) Mr. Goldman didn't want the blood money for himself -- it was all about preventing his son's killer from profiting from his crimes and victimizing Ron all over again. I will never understand Katherine's choice here. Media outlets can and will pay a convicted felon -- and heh, they don't even have to try to be clever about it here.

    I suspect the family will have regrets though. Murray won't just be selling MJ out; Conrad's gonna be coming after the Jacksons as well.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krikzil For This Useful Post:


  19. #1690
    Points: 32,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,856
    Points
    32,067
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    17,511
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by krikzil View Post
    I suspect the family will have regrets though. Murray won't just be selling MJ out; Conrad's gonna be coming after the Jacksons as well.
    I have no doubts about it, Jackson's are going to get their share too.

    "Murray has warned the Jackson family that if they continue to push him 'to the limit' by slating him in the press and in their wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoters AEG Live, he will not hesitate to dish the dirt on Michael's relatives - which he claims could 'tarnish' their reputations."

    "It’s the second time Murray’s threatened AEG and the Jackson family with destructive testimony, suggesting he’s been keeping a bombshell secret for years regarding Michael and the singer’s true relationship with his family — but the latest threat is borderline scary."

    " “Murray believes that the public will want to hear about the time he spent with Michael. Conrad says that Michael confided his inner-most secrets about his true feelings about his family, the child molestation trial and his three children. Murray contends that Michael’s kids viewed him as a family member and loved him."

    He will bring out some stuff about family members too. He can say what ever he likes that MJ might or mightn't have told him, MJ is not here to deny it.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubs For This Useful Post:


  21. #1691
    Points: 6,619, Level: 53
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    438
    Points
    6,619
    Level
    53
    Thanks
    1,840
    Thanked 957 Times in 315 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    I have no doubts about it, Jackson's are going to get their share too.

    "Murray has warned the Jackson family that if they continue to push him 'to the limit' by slating him in the press and in their wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoters AEG Live, he will not hesitate to dish the dirt on Michael's relatives - which he claims could 'tarnish' their reputations."

    "It’s the second time Murray’s threatened AEG and the Jackson family with destructive testimony, suggesting he’s been keeping a bombshell secret for years regarding Michael and the singer’s true relationship with his family — but the latest threat is borderline scary."

    " “Murray believes that the public will want to hear about the time he spent with Michael. Conrad says that Michael confided his inner-most secrets about his true feelings about his family, the child molestation trial and his three children. Murray contends that Michael’s kids viewed him as a family member and loved him."

    He will bring out some stuff about family members too. He can say what ever he likes that MJ might or mightn't have told him, MJ is not here to deny it.
    Very true. And there's always the possibility Conrad recorded MJ's statements about his family. Who knows how long that went on and if the LAPD confiscated all the recordings.

    I don't hate the family or wish bad things on them but I have exhausted any sympathy I had for them. I simply wish they'd just stop the scheming and sit down and accept Michael's money isn't their money, it belongs to his children.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krikzil For This Useful Post:


  23. #1692
    Points: 11,018, Level: 69
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near a National Park
    Posts
    1,625
    Points
    11,018
    Level
    69
    Thanks
    2,693
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 789 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    The singer was also months behind on utility bills for his longtime family home in Encino, Calif., where his mother, Katherine, now lives with his three children, along with the children of two of his brothers. The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, owed nearly $9,000, was threatening to disconnect service. AT&T Inc. was owed $1,300.

    More troubling, Mr. Jackson had fallen behind on the payments for a $5 million IndyMac loan secured by the house. The property was scheduled to enter foreclosure the day after Mr. Jackson died. A nearby condominium, four months behind on loan payments and homeowners' dues, was also threatened with foreclosure, according to people familiar with the matter.


    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...15364195884770

    AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips testified that Jackson was seeking a $1 million advance on June 19, 2009, when he had to be sent home from rehearsals because he was in such bad shape.

    Phillips’ testimony was drawn out by Jackson family lawyer Brian Panish, who wants to show that The King of Pop was being pressured by AEG Live to perform even as his health was failing.

    http://nypost.com/2013/06/07/michael...ng-rehearsals/

    No wonder Michael was under immense pressure, his Mother was about to become homeless, because Randy Phillips refused to advance Michael $1 million to help keep Hayvenhurst functioning!
    Michael is really great! He has no snobbery to him, he's just a good kid. Michael is a gentle spirit and he takes over our kids. He loves kid's, we watch a lot of cartoons together. - Linda McCartney being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZPy0ZeuvI

  24. #1693
    Points: 3,211, Level: 35
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mneme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Berlin (Germany)
    Posts
    387
    Points
    3,211
    Level
    35
    Thanks
    1,866
    Thanked 609 Times in 189 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Quote Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    No wonder Michael was under immense pressure, his Mother was about to become homeless, because Randy Phillips refused to advance Michael $1 million to help keep Hayvenhurst functioning!
    /Alicat:
    Is this above Your commentary?
    Honestly I don't understand it. okay.. maybe Michael was under pressure because he was afraid about his mother's debt.
    But to say Michael was under pressure because R. Phillips refused to advance him 1 Million is a risky call (imo).
    First I don't believe Michael said Phillips "If I not get 1 Million I will lost my house in Encino and my mother will become homeless."
    Second: If Phillips knews nothing about this problem and on the other side maybe Michael's advance limit was leadled out why should Phillips be blamed for that?
    Third: I remember about the 600,000 Michael was giving his mother for a mobile home a short time before.
    Either Michael's mother forgot to this time to tell her sons about the debts for water, power and AT&T and thought "water, power and AT&T can wait because my mobile home is more important" or both knew these problems and both thought "mobile home first, debts later".
    And for that Phillips was not responsible.

    Michael's immense pressure had very other reasons.

  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mneme For This Useful Post:


  26. #1694
    Points: 35,976, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    7,863
    Points
    35,976
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,909
    Thanked 3,127 Times in 1,010 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    So why couldn't Katherine go ask the other millionaire in the family? Why the **** was everyone hassling Michael into the grave?! SMH
    If his mother was about to become homeless then his mother shouldn't spend the hundred of thousands of dollars Michael gave her a few months earlier? Maybe shouldn't have demanded a motorhome? Michael spent hundreds of millions of dollars into providing for his family and their countless offspring, yet they remain ungrateful.
    Loving you forever can't be wrong
    Even though you are not here
    Won't move on



    Michael + Me


  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklEE For This Useful Post:


  28. #1695
    Points: 9,763, Level: 66
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,449
    Points
    9,763
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 2,697 Times in 679 Posts

    Default Re: Verdict Reached: AEG NOT Liable - Discussion- Katherine Jackson vs AEG

    Totally agree, Mneme. You can't blame Philips for that. MJ gave Katherine $600 000, she should have paid her bills and debts instead of buying mobile homes. Or how about asking her daughter to help her for a change? Wonder if Janet was worried about her mother becoming homeless. Something tells me she wasn't.

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to serendipity For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •