Murray "slurred speech" audio (transcript)

NeeChee

Proud Member
Hope you guys can give me a hand - I'm looking for a written transcript of the audio that Murray recorded while Michael was sedated. Need it for an internet argument.

I can find plenty of copies of the short version that was played in court, but I'm after the longer one that ends with Michael saying "I'm asleep"

(I think this would also be a good sticky to have around when we need ammo in our defence of Michael.)

Thanks all

Humm..I'm not sure which one is the short version or if this is what you're looking for,but it's what I have.Hope it helps.

MJ: Elvis didn’t do it. Beatles didn’t do it. We have to be phenomenal, when people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, “I’ve never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I’ve never seen nothing like this. Go. It’s amazing. He’s the greatest entertainer in the world.” I’m taking that money, a million children, children’s hospital, the biggest in the world, Michael Jackson’s Children’s Hospital. Gonna have a movie theater, game room. Children are depressed. The – in those hospitals, no game room, no movie theater. They’re sick because they’re depressed. Their mind is depressing them. I want to give them that. I care about them, them angels. God wants me to do it. God wants me to do it. I’m gonna do it, Conrad.

CM: I know you would.

MJ: Don’t have enough hope, no more hope. That’s the next generation that’s gonna save our planet, starting with – we’ll talk about it. United States, Europe, Prague, my babies. They walk around with no mother. They drop them off, they leave – a psychological degradation of that. They reach out to me – please take me with you.

CM: Mmnh-mmnh.

MJ: I want to do that for them.

CM: Mmnh-mmnh.

MJ: I’m gonna do that for them. That will be remembered more than my performances. My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn’t have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it. Heal the World, We Are the World, Will You Be There, The Lost Children. These are the songs I’ve written because I hurt, you know, I hurt.

(13 seconds: silence.)

CM: You okay?

(8 seconds: silence.)

MJ: I am asleep.

76G2ygI.jpg

FVKSot0.jpg

Re: Murray "slurred speech" audio

Perfect! thank you Selene, it's just the one I wanted, and so quick too!

You're welcome.Reading this always makes me very sad,but it also shows Michael's true heart :heart:

Despite what people did to him, he was always about caring and loving people... He's an angel.

Me too. I only listened to it once. I couldn't make it through the video. I just wanted to cry.
I listened to it only once too and neither did I manage to finish off... I was really shocked, I couldn't believe he was in that condition :(

I listened to it only once too and neither did I manage to finish off... I was really shocked, I couldn't believe he was in that condition :(

On this tape it is not important how MJ speaks but what he speaks.

In my opinion it is awkward that the tape is called 'slurred speech tape' because with this the "how" get more attention as the "what".

Nobody knows for sure what was Michael's condition when he was speaking this:
Many humans are mumbling direct before the definite sleep because the body is ready to sleep but the spirit is still working.

In my opinion there is no reason for shocking about how he speaks.

I agree Mneme. I called it "the slurred speech tape" even though I'm not crazy about that term, because I knew everyone would know what I'm talking about, and that's what they call it in the search engines on the internet.

I find the tape to be a total violation and a sickening act on the part of Murray. It's quite normal for people to ramble on when they're medicated or even drunk, whatever. But to tape it because it's Michael Jackson, and you can make a buck. geez. The guy has no morals and it seemed he had an eye for extortion even when he started the job.

However, the tape does reveal Michael's true obsession. Stripped of inhibitions, he talks about putting on a great show and building hospitals for children! I'm pretty sure my innermost desires wouldn't be so noble if I was put in the same position.

Poor Mikey - the tape shouldn't be out there, but it does cast him in a good light.

Last edited:
yeah that tape was heartbreaking.. Mike trusted Murray and Murray did that to him.

This is horrible to listen to but if anything positive comes from it, it shows the type of person that Michael really was.

This is horrible to listen to but if anything positive comes from it, it shows the type of person that Michael really was.

yep! it even made that chick on HLN come to her senses. Jane Valez Mitchell.. she said after hearing him in that condition, that vulnerable she knew he could never hurt anyone. Because in that state he only talked about helping kids, not anything deviant or bad. Most folks under the influence of alcohol or drugs would not be talking about helping folks that's for sure.

I agree Mneme. I called it "the slurred speech tape" even though I'm not crazy about that term, because I knew everyone would know what I'm talking about, and that's what they call it in the search engines on the internet.

I find the tape to be a total violation and a sickening act on the part of Murray. It's quite normal for people to ramble on when they're medicated or even drunk, whatever. But to tape it because it's Michael Jackson, and you can make a buck. geez. The guy has no morals and it seemed he had an eye for extortion even when he started the job.

However, the tape does reveal Michael's true obsession. Stripped of inhibitions, he talks about putting on a great show and building hospitals for children! I'm pretty sure my innermost desires wouldn't be so noble if I was put in the same position.

Poor Mikey - the tape shouldn't be out there, but it does cast him in a good light.

I remember one of those talking heads (could have been Jane VM) posted in her twitter that "maybe Michael's fans have been right about him all along" (or something similar), but that tweet was removed later.

Back