Upcoming MJ book (spiritual)

suzynyc

Proud Member
A friend of mine informed me of a book about Michael that is in the finishing touches stage and that will be released in the near future (her sister's friend is writing it). The author explains her spiritual connection with MJ before his death and after. It sounds interesting and positive from the author's video interview. Author Lisa Brisse starts around the 43 minute mark:

To hear the Michael Jackson part Skip ahead to 43:28.
They discuss Michael's "Soul Purpose" here on Earth.
It's worth the listen. I'm going to buy the book.
:girl_curtsey:

Last edited:
http://www.sctimes.com/story/life/b...n-writes-book-king-pop-spirituality/21552507/

A girl growing up in Central Minnesota usually would have little in common with the King of Pop.
B9315771525Z.1_20150110120309_000_GVI9K7DR7.1-0.jpg
B9315771525Z.1_20150110120309_000_GVI9K6QID.1-0.jpg

But Lisa Brisse strongly felt — and feels — a connection with Michael Jackson. She believes, despite Jackson's extraordinary life, everyone can relate to his story and learn from it.

She has a connection to Jackson besides being a super fan: She says her mother, Judi, worked on his Neverland Ranch housecleaning staff for three years. Although Lisa Brisse never got to meet her idol, she says she spent time at Neverland with her mother during "family days," when Jackson would open his expansive retreat to employees and their guests.

Brisse has written a book called "Michael Jackson: The Man in Our Mirror: A Reflection of Our Collective Soul." Although it includes tidbits from Judi Brisse's time as Jackson's employee, the book is no tell-all. Lisa Brisse is supportive of Jackson, calling him "very generous and extremely misunderstood."

And she feels he's guided her in writing her book, which is heavy on spirituality and examines ego versus the greater good, using Jackson as an example. It includes quotes from Jackson and some analysis of his very public life, including his strained relationship with his father.

The book also features some song lyrics to illustrate her points, but their use is limited because she couldn't afford to pay for rights from Sony, the music's copyright holder. David Nordahl, an artist who was Jackson's personal painter for almost 20 years, let her use one of his paintings for the book's cover art and wrote the foreward.

Lisa Brisse had been considering writing the book for years; she made the decision to go forward when Jackson died June 25, 2009, at age 50.

"What I've found is he is more alive and working with many people on the planet now than he ever was able to in his physical body," she said.

Jean-Noel Bassior, a former journalist who's interviewed celebrities such as Celine Dion and Larry King, coached Brisse on the book.

She "could really voice what millions of people thought about Michael," Bassior said.

Brisse described Jackson's descent into ego, which is "a lesson for of us," Bassior said. If you look at Jackson's life from a spiritual perspective, he could be called a Christ-like figure, she said.
Michael Jackson Book.jpg

The cover of Lisa Brisse’s new book about Michael Jackson and spirituality. She was given permission to use a portrait from Jackson’s former personal painter, David Nordahl.(Photo: Submitted photo)

Loving Michael

Lisa Brisse knows some of her story might sound odd, despite its straightforward beginning. She grew up in Richmond, and like countless other teenagers, she became a fan of Jackson.

And although she loved his music, his videos and his dancing, it was Jackson's participation in the 1985 single "We Are The World" that spoke to her.

"It showed me the humanitarian side of Michael. That intrigued me," she said.

Lisa Brisse said she started getting some impressions, even visions, of Jackson coming into her family's life in some way.

"It was like, 'OK, that's pretty insane. You're just a fan, this is a wish list,' " she said of how she she reacted to those thoughts.

She talked about her feeling with her mother. "It's not something you're going to share with too many people in the Midwest at that time."

Lisa Brisse avidly journaled from the time she was 12. She was interested in what was going on in the world and passionate about certain issues. When she read interviews with Jackson, she was delighted — and surprised — to read he had similar feelings. She believed she had found a kindred spirit.

Her mother once visited a psychic in Arizona who told her that the family had a connection to Jackson several centuries ago. At the time, Lisa Brisse didn't know much about reincarnation.

To hear about that connection was something that made sense to her, "but it was like, this is a little too weird for my Midwestern mindset," Lisa Brisse said.

Landing in Neverland

Lisa Brisse graduated from Rocori in 1987. Living at home, she attended St. Cloud State University. She was active in sports such as basketball during high school, but she started to feel lost at college.

"My whole social scene was gone," she said. "I fell into a deep, deep depression for two years."

She felt she needed to start over in California, something that made sense to her but also confounded her. She didn't know anyone there.

"My heart was calling me to move on and out of my comfort zone, and I was resisting," she said. "Who wants to go jump off a cliff and just hope you fly?"

She made the move, despite her nerves. She started attending Pepperdine University and settled in the Santa Ynez Valley. Soon after, her parents followed, although they ended up separating. Her father returned to Minnesota.

Her mother got a job opportunity she couldn't turn down, Lisa Brisse said. She met a woman who was a member of Jackson's Neverland housekeeping team. The housekeepers, called hostesses, attended to Jackson's famous guests — longtime friend Elizabeth Taylor, Oprah Winfrey, even royalty from Europe, she said.

"It was just the most magical place, and obviously the most unique job she ever had," Lisa Brisse said.

Judi Brisse still calls her former employer "Mr. Jackson." She said seeing one of the most famous men in the world in casual settings was something she never quite got used it.

"This was just Michael's home," Judi Brisse said.

Jackson was in the middle of his "Dangerous" tour and Judi Brisse had some time to get used to Neverland before she saw her famous boss. She met the black fedora-wearing Jackson while she was doing laundry.

Judi Brisse had some interactions with Jackson over the years, although staffers were warned to not talk with him unless he initiated it, Lisa Brisse said. She taught him how to tie bows on Christmas presents (something the superstar had never done before) and would sometimes gently rib him.

When Jackson was with Lisa Marie Presley, whom he was married to for about two years, Jackson helped Judi Brisse make up a guest bed for one of Presley's children, Lisa Brisse said.

Her mother called Michael Jackson "one of the most childlike, beautiful human beings you'll ever know."

With Neverland, "other than just his own sanctuary, he wanted the opportunity to give less fortunate children ... some of the things their childhood didn't have," she said. He often bused in children from inner cities to play at the ranch, she noted.

She didn't see Jackson when she visited Neverland, and guests were not permitted to take photos.

Darkness, death

It was in 1993 that Jackson faced his first accusation of sexually abusing a child, which he eventually settled out of court. Lisa Brisse says she doesn't believe the accusations sound like something Jackson would do, and that he was "an easy target."

Judi Brisse was relieved of her duties in 1996 for unspecified reasons. She never held it against Jackson, though. When some of Jackson's former maids told The New York Post earlier this year that he was a hoarder and kept an especially unsanitary house, Judi and Lisa Brisse fired back via the Web.

Judi Brisse points to some of Jackson's inner circle as not having their boss' best interests in mind.

"The people that ran him, that's the part that just annoyed me. I thought, 'Who is here for Michael?' "

When Jackson died, mother and daughter went to Neverland and left flowers. Lisa Brisse wrote in her journal (printed in her book): "It's as though a big and very deep hole in our hearts has been revealed that we didn't even know was there."

It took Lisa Brisse about five years to finish her book. What she hopes it shows is that, despite Jackson's extreme highs and lows, "his life is like all of our lives."

About the book

"Michael Jackson: The Man in Our Mirror: A Reflection of Our Collective Soul" can be purchased on Amazon, Barnes & Noble's website and at Lisa Brisse's website, www.maninourmirror.com.

Why are their so many books? not interested in this regardless.

Why are their so many books? not interested in this regardless.

While I'm happy people are trying to put out positive stuff, I agree with you. Where were all these books before June 25th?

Lisa Brisse @LisaBrisse · 11. Jan.

In my hometown newspaper in St. Cloud Minnesota today! Thank you Michael for the magical ride and journey of spirit!
B7GznyxCcAEhGcG.jpg

B7GznzOCEAAirM1.jpg

What a wonderful thread is this :clap:Thanks for sharing!

"What I've found is he is more alive and working with many people on the planet now than he ever was able to in his physical body," she said.

WOW
:blush: That is an uplifting quote cause it validates what I believe and experienced too.

There is more to life than this, you know :angel:

Back