"A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Alec

Proud Member
"A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Please read: MJJC is not officially endorsing this campaign but we are allowing our members to voice their own opinions. Feel free to discuss your views about the forth coming book and campaign. View the video in the opening post to learn what the campaign is about. Please do not use this thread to debate the authenticity of the Cascio tracks. We have a thread available in the controversy forum for that. As long as this thread remains respectful it can remain in the News forum.

no links leading to the kickstarter campaign are permitted as this is deemed as soliciting fans for money something that is not permitted on MJJC

~ Team MJJC

Hi everyone!

I'm beyond excited to present you such great news! Please note that the post below is not an official press release, but my own thoughts about the campaign :)

November 8, 2013. Exactly three years after the premiere of "Breaking News", A Truth Untold is unveiled to the public. The campaign aims to present the truth about what happened between the last months of 2007 and December 14, 2010, when the controversial album "Michael" was released by Epic Records and the Michael Jackson Estate.

From November 8, 2013 to December 14, 2013 fans will have a chance to support A Truth Untold by pledging to the project's Kickstarter campaign, intended to cover the costs of a major book publication. This great initiative, grounded in years of research, will undoubtedly shed light on an issue that had been swept under the rug for years.

Let's make it a success! I'm confident this time we, the fans, can be loud enough to be heard. This is it. The time is now! We owe it to Michael!

--------------------
This post will be updated.

Last edited:
Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

Consider me an official donator.

Re: "A Truth Untold" GOES LIVE. Book publication aimed to present the truth about the Cascio songs.

The interviews with Michael's associates, fellow musicians and family are not intended to ask for their opinion on the voice (not that they think it's Michael Jackson anyway).
These interviews are mainly about putting together pieces of the puzzle and reconstructing what exactly happened from 2007 to 2010. We are and will be getting new information thanks to this campaign. We will have a very close approximation of WHAT exactly went on behind the scenes and WHY. And a lot of what we've been told via official channels are half-truths.

Something else that will result from this campaign is a legitimate forensic report available to everyone interested in reading it.

I am beyond excited, I really had no words once I saw this.

I really hope MJJC won't move or delete this thread, I know it's asking for money, but this is important. The mods, admin, you know how important this is.

Please let it stay in the news section, like you once let Teddy Riley thread a few months back

I will be supporting this 100%. Something is finally being done and has been in work for 3 years. No way I'm going to ignore this. We have all been waiting for something to happen, well, this is it. Take it.

Is there anything concrete behind all this though?

I'm really not interested in funding a glamour project for those writing the book.

I would be interested in exposing all of this. But I'd need to know more before I parted with money.

Something else that will result from this campaign is a legitimate forensic report available to everyone interested in reading it.

A legitimate forensic report would require you to have access to the source material for which you'd have resort to litigation in the first place.
This just sounds like Charles Thomson talking nonsense about having allegedly seen a so-called forensic analysis of the three released tracks and protecting that "expert".

And this thread has been moved to the controversy section of the forum :(

how will a book that will only be read by the MJ fans (who already aware of the controversy) will help anything? To be honest I don't see anyone from the general public to buy and read such book. so I don't get it. Asking for money for a forensic analysis (which won't be perfect due to not having access to the raw versions) or money for a lawsuit would have been a better route IMO.

how will a book that will only be read by the MJ fans (who already aware of the controversy) will help anything? To be honest I don't see anyone from the general public to buy and read such book. so I don't get it. Asking for money for a forensic analysis (which won't be perfect due to not having access to the raw versions) or money for a lawsuit would have been a better route IMO.

Becuase it isn't about the controversy. It is about detailing exactly what happenened using first hand accounts from those who were there.

Why is something that is about protecting Michael's legacy in the controvery section?

Good luck to everyone who is behind the book or the proyect. I have no doubt i will buy it.

Damien, thanks for this amazing surprise. Can´t wait to know the new info.

Last edited:

Becuase it isn't about the controversy. It is about detailing exactly what happenened using first hand accounts from those who were there.

again it won't be bought and read by anyone other than the MJ fans who are already interested in this subject. I don't see general public saying "hmmm I'm curious about the 2010 album story", I don't even see half of the fans caring about such book.

So for example you and others who already spent 3 years discussing this subject reading a book about this subject results in any overall good in regards to this subject? what will happen? you who already 100% sure the songs are fake would become 120% sure?

Also this "using first hand accounts from those who were there." : Are Cascio's specifically Eddie talking to this book? Malachi? Branca, McClain? If not then you don't have the first hand accounts of every people who were there. If only certain people talk and certain people don't, then you can't have the knowledge of what exactly happened. Assuming Cascio, Estate, Sony will not be forthcoming for such book, then this book will be one sided.

So in my opinion asking for money for a legal action which would actually force the hand of Estate and Sony through a discovery phase would be a better alternative as it would not only result in actual first hand information from the actual source but also would result in publicity would be a lot better than a book which won't be complete due to some parties not talking, not having access to the raw materials and will not be read by public outside fan community.

---------------------------------------------------------

I did not move the thread but arguing about it's placement won't result in anything. For years as far as MJJC is concerned Cascio songs is a controversy and that's where this thread belongs. Just be glad that it is not merged with the song discussion thread or deleted all together due to the money asking nature.

I commend the fans for trying to do something in a positive way. But I'm kind leary about the cost what the price of the book will be and exactly what good or truth will actually come out of this. I wish them well. We all want the truth.

Here is a video interview about the project.

[youtube]qv9yMWQNr0g[/youtube]

I commend the fans for trying to do something in a positive way. But I'm kind leary about the cost what the price of the book will be and exactly what good or truth will actually come out of this. I wish them well. We all want the truth.
Remember, we don't have to pay anything. If you choose to sit back and watch, that will be your choice.

I personally will be supporting this, because it's something like this, fans coming together, to do something I have been waiting for. Now that it's finally here, there's no way I'm not going to not contribute.

Remember, we don't have to pay anything. If you choose to sit back and watch, that will be your choice.

I personally will be supporting this, because it's something like this, fans coming together, to do something I have been waiting for. Now that it's finally here, there's no way I'm not going to not contribute.

I'm not stating one way or the other if I will support it because I don't know enough details about the project yet. I have a lot of questions before I could support it with my money. Im sure those backing will be willing to answer them though. We are speaking about a lot of money being paid upfront by fans. So its important everyone is held accountable for this money from beginning to end. .It is my wish like you that the truth about how these tracks came about and ended up on the Album come out. BUT do they already have the truth or are they still seeking it. In the end will we have the truth or just more questions? I think it is good to get it all out in the open though. That may bring more people forward to speak about it.

I have mixed feelings as well. It seemed like something really big was about to happen today or really soon but it turned out that we have to wait another year for a book that may not ever be released as it requieres 40 000 usd to be finished. OK I don't wanna sound like a Debbie Downer here, I was just expecting too much at this point I guess. I am really, really glad something is being done about this issue and I can't thank everyone involved enough. But then again 40 000 usd is a hell of a lot of money. It seems like an urealistic goal to reach. I know they have their reasons but personally I'd rather opt for some cheaper online solution. Afterall, it's the truth that matters not the medium its printed on. But yeah, I'm gonna chip in, that goes without saying, how could I not to.

Yeah, I agree that a lot of hype was created, mostly in our own minds, for this, I am also really glad something is being done, but I don't think this will make much of a difference.

I have a lot of questions before I could support it with my money.

I have questions about the what substantial outcome can this bring as well. Overall it's positive effort to do something but I don't believe it was very well thought at all.

If I go over it, this is what I get :

- 35 days to get $40,000 to write a book and do a forensic analysis. The goal of more than $1000 a day seems highly optimistic but let's assume that goal is achieved and the money is collected.

---- what happens if the forensic test says it's Michael or cannot be determined either way? What then? Wouldn't that be like shooting the book? Why not that's the first thing to start with before committing/ promising to do anything else? (more about this later on)

---- after the money collected we need to wait for a year for the book to be written. Isn't that a long time? and does it worth it? why even a book, why not a public website wouldn't be enough?(check the point below)

- after one year the book is published and you need to buy the book. Let's assume price is not a factor.

---- will the book have any substantial new information? for example I read every bit of discussion for the last 3 years. I know everything the parties said. Will it have substantial new information that's worth the price? Especially will it have interviews with the parties that haven't talked before? I would have no interest to read a book which is basically the book version of our Cascio debate thread. There would be no substantial benefit for me. For example to me an interview with Cory Rooney is worthless as we already know the basis of his position and more details isn't going to bring much to the table, will the book have information from the other side such as Cascios, Estate and Sony? Will these parties ever consider cooperating with such book? Is this going to be a book telling us "exactly what happened from all sides" or is this going to be a book "telling only the side that alleges the songs to be fake"?

---- how many copies the book expects to sell? Sullivan's book even with media support only sold 3000 copies. A fan authored book about 2005 trial isn't selling much. So the past shows us that such books don't sell outside MJ fan community and even then it doesn't sell much. Self published books sells even less. so what good getting several thousand people read the book will do? People who already think the songs are fake saying "yes as I thought"? Convincing a few fans to change their minds? How does that help with overall outcome?

- what's next? what if the book uncovers the "truth"? Is it just a book published or any future plans such as a lawsuit? Also can the book make serious claims without facing lawsuits? what good the book will be if it cannot make definitive claims? how would the book effect Michael's "legacy" if nothing is changed in regards to the songs?

What I would have done is this

- Start with a funding campaign for a forensic analysis

--- If the analysis says Michael or can't tell either way, there's nothing to stand on. Everything else is speculative and assumption.

--- if the analysis says it's not Michael, it gives a bargaining power.

- A second campaign for a lawsuit

- If there was a forensic analysis that said it's not Michael, I would use that for a lawsuit. To be brutally honest I wouldn't spend a year writing a book about it and spending $40,000 on it. Korgnex is right that such forensic test wouldn't be perfect as it wouldn't have access to the source material but it would be enough to convince a judge to allow a lawsuit to proceed initial dismissal request. A lawsuit would mean a discovery phase. As I said before for example an interview with Cory Rooney isn't bringing much to the table in regards to "uncovering the truth" however getting Eddie Cascio to answer questions especially under oath and under threat of perjury is priceless. Asking them to turn over every report, every piece of evidence, every single communication is priceless. and that's the only way to discover the "whole story", "the truth" and if indeed it can be proven it would make a meaningful difference in Michael's "legacy". and honestly $40,000 is a good amount to cover expenses of a lawsuit. If it was me I would spend the money on a lawsuit rather than a book but that's me.

Edited to add : I wish the people involved in this good luck. I'll contribute to a forensic analysis and a lawsuit if/when it comes to that.

Hey guys, if we all come together, we can easily put 40,000 into this and make this happen. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Kickstarter, but it's proven to be successful in the past. The wrestler, Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon, along with Diamond Dallas Page of DDPYoga and WCW fame, started a campaign for Scott to pay for hip surgery and other surgeries for nagging injuries that he could never get taken care of for years of his life due to lack of money. The surgeries in total cost Scott around 50,000 US Dollars, I believe. And the only people that really knew about it was Hall's fans and they're desire to see their favorite personality get the help he needed to overcome the problems with addiction that he had all his life. I believe the campaign was only up for about a month or two, regardless, long before the deadline, "Just those fans" had raised about 50,000 and some change to make Hall's surgeries happen. If you're among those who believe in this, you can donate as little as a dollar, and contribute to this becoming a reality. And almost all the time, there's a couple donations from single parties that are a couple thousand of dollars by themselves, because you never know who else wants to see something happen as much as we do.. I have faith that people care about preserving Michael's legacy and getting to the bottom of these questionable records, that they'll put towards making this happen.

Consider me a donator. As soon as I get the chance I'll put maybe 10 dollars in.And good luck Damien, and the rest of the "A Truth Untold" team.

Well. Ill find a way to.chip in.

I AM VERY selfish when it comes to money. I'm strapped for cash rn...but I will be contributing. The last I checked we had 2000 dollars

About 3.5k now ^

:/ idk. Shouldn't we spend our time on relevant situations like Wade? I mean, if you're going to spend your time on an MJ related project anyways...

:/ idk. Shouldn't we spend our time on relevant situations like Wade? I mean, if you're going to spend your time on an MJ related project anyways...
There is no need to categorize one issue as important and another as unimportant. You can see both as important issues.

---- what happens if the forensic test says it's Michael or cannot be said either way? What then? Why not that's the first thing to start with before committing to do anything else? (more about this later on)

I'm particulary intrigued with the claim to include a forensic report in that book. A legitimate forensic report would require you to have access to the source material for which you'd have to resort to litigation in the first place.
If Shields & Co. and whatever person they'd hire don't have such access, there's already one false promise for promoting this project. Unless they want to define what's a forensic report in their own eyes.

Also the idea of a book is new. Previously the same "core team" conducting interviews and preparing a documentary since 2011 was so convinced of their stuff, they wanted to dissolve the Cascio issue "in time" - but a book in 2014 won't do so. Of course they're aware of it since they opted for a book mainly due to their hope it would get massive media coverage. They don't have anything substantial for a court - the only place this issue could be put to rest for many.
From their team description you can see that they will talk about Michael's known work habits and perfectionism etc. trying to make their point that the only logical explanation left - according to them - is that it would be impossible that somehow Michael's voice landed on those Porte tracks which Eddie bragged about in a failed attempt to establish himself as a hit producer.
And we know the other fellow players - those that are not officially a part of the newly founded LLC but who have been repeatedly claimed to have collected such shocking info for years and who are contributors of this book. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:

I'm particulary intrigued with the claim to include a forensic report in that book. A legitimate forensic report would require you to have access to the source material for which you'd have to resort to litigation in the first place.
If Shields & Co. and whatever person they'd hire don't have such access, there's already one false promise for promoting this project. Unless they want to define what's a forensic report in their own eyes.

I'm intrigued with a forensic analysis as well even a not so perfect one and that would actually be something that I WOULD support financially. Even it wouldn't be the source material, it would actually be the first ever solid analysis.

I just believe it probably needs to be starting point before anything else is done. What if the analysis comes back as we can't tell for sure either way for example? What's going to happen then? Isn't that going to end the book before it even started?

Previously the same "core team" conducting interviews and preparing a documentary since 2011

interviews with who to be exact? the same people who said the songs to be fake? will it involve the other side? probably not I guess

Of course they're aware of it since they opted for a book mainly due to their hope it would get massive media coverage.

depends on the publisher. self published books (again examples of fan authored books) don't get much media coverage.

There is no need to categorize one issue as important and another as unimportant. You can see both as important issues.

No one is doing that. I'm just brining up prioritization. :mello:

Wade is relevant? In what universe is he relevant? Cascio thing should be the most relevant thing for all MJ fan community.

Because like they've said: "Michael Jackson is the most successful recording artist in the history of popular music. And although controversy constantly plagued his personal life for decades, one thing stood above it all - his artistry. Michael Jackson dedicated 40 years of his life to building an incomparable repertoire of pop perfection guaranteed to stand the test of time, bringing joy to generation upon generation. However, since being posthumously tampered with, it's that very legendary library of music that has now become the source of the controversy it was once immune to."

Cascio thing should be the most relevant thing for all MJ fan community.

excuse me but if you have a problem with other people making generalizations about what is relevant, you shouldn't be doing it either.

different things can be relevant for different people, ranging from Michael's death to Wade's claims to Cascio songs. It could be one , some or all for some people. They could care about none of them. If you don't want people to say "this is not relevant" then you really shouldn't be calling other stuff irrelevant as well. It's best to accept that everyone has different priorities and all of them are totally acceptable.

Question please: How much monies were spent by fans to purchase the cd with three faux songs on it?

I believe there should be no issue spending that amount or even less to fund a project that will document how these same fans were duped and fleeced on purpose.

Here is a video interview about the project.

[youtube]qv9yMWQNr0g[/youtube]

just watched this

- Damien is involved? Given the legal issues in the past (which I won't elaborate) , I consider it as very very brave

- Good point about due diligence and talking to Estate, Sony and Cascio camps but unfortunately the group behind this project is highly anti-Cascio. The realistic person in me don't see the possibility of those parties collaborating with them on this book.

- this also confused me. the comments here made it sound like the expectation is that the book will uncover fraud, however Damien's explanation sounds like a promise of the "full story". Assuming they can get the other side to respond the book could end up being about a balanced version, a controversy discussion rather than definitive claims of fraud.

- the idea of the book will bring closure isn't realistic IMO. on our thread we see members commenting about wanting songs to be removed , wanting an apology and so on. So I don't see how this book will be enough to bring closure.

- I'm not sold on "why a book" answer. what's the difference between a free pdf and a digital version? just the idea that a published book will be taken more seriously? I still think $40,000 could have been better spent rather than trying to publish a book.

anyway I'll stop commenting now and once again will wish good luck.

Back