Best Outtake

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
I wondering what your top 3 MJ outtake tracks would be ? By outtake I mean it didn't feature on a studio album. All unreleased and leaked songs count.
Mine in no order are,
Slave To The Rhythm (love the sound of his voice and the beat)
Escape (I love how complete in sounds.)
Price Of Fame ( I love how autobiographical it is, and the adlibs)

Which are your favourite and why ?

Hot Street

Too bad it didn't make in to the album. Great song and fun to listen to.

This is a bit off topic but I just wanted to ask if anyone thinks that most of the unleaked dangerous outtakes are very incomplete? Because the unreleased 2001 special edition has presumably chosen the three most finished songs serious effect, work that body and she got it and they were about 80% finish and the only other song we have was slave to the rhythm which we don't even have the original instrumental for

Well we do have some more complete songs like, Someone Put Your Hand Out, For All Time, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, If You Don't Love Me, What About Us (Earth Song Demo). And as well all the new songs on Blood On The Dancefloor, where Dangerous Album outtakes just reworked and finished. I think we are yet to hear some of the best unreleased tracks from the Dangerous Album sessions. Thanks for your comment.

Oh, I love all of his demo's :heart: But these are probably my faves:

Streetwalker, this song is just awesome :woohoo:
Free, love the melody and the adlibs
I'm so blue, such a cute song & love the lyrics
Sunset driver, his voice is amuuuuhzing in this one!:shock:
Love never felt so good, I love how it's just the piano and his gorgeous voice:wub:
Scared of the moon, just the feel of the song and the lyrics, beautiful!

Cheater
Love Never Felt So Good
Streetwalker
Sunset Driver
Free
I'm So Blue
For All Time

It's really hard to choose but one song that stands out right now for me is We've Had Enough. How that song never made on Invincible is beyond me. That song is better than most of the songs that did make it on Invincible

Not in any order but here are some I really enjoy..

Slave To The Rhythm
Fly Away
Cheater
Fall Again
Blue Gangster
Street Walker
Sunset Driver
Someone Put Your Hand Out (Yes this was an outtake and later use.. and so was a lot of our tracks we are picking lol)

There are several songs I enjoy, like I'm So Free, Love Never Felt So Good and others.. But the above are the ones that I feel like could have been true MJ level hits..

- Serious Effect
- Blue Gangsta
- I'm So Blue
- We've Had Enough
- Elizabeth I Love You (we actually have some of the studio recording when the audience were quiet at the live performance)
- State Of Shock Ft. Freddie :punk:
- There Must Be More To Life Than This
-Xscape
- Happy Birthday Lisa
- I'm So Blue
- Monkey Business

...All of his Outtakes are fantastic, he never put a foot wrong when it came to his Musical storytelling & wisdom/wonder on creating a song. I look forward to hearing most of the song's left in the vault. Hopefully spread out until i'm 50 :) LONG LIVE THE KING OF L.O.V.E :heart:

Can't believe nobody here has mentioned Hollywood Tonight, Al Capone and Much Too Soon.

(Nite Line)
Hot Street
Blue Gangsta
Weve had enough
Escape

Last edited:
"Work That Body", because it's clearly the basis of "Do The Bartman."
"Starlight", because it's great to hear such a familiar song in a different light.
"Behind The Mask", especially the fan remix that incorporates Greg's backing track. What an amazing missed opportunity for a hit.

Back