Justin Timberlake sings Human Nature Live at Concert

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Justin is great, always showing love to Michael :)
02:05

[youtube]AEV9QcS3_Po[/youtube]

always showing love to Michael?? :black_eye: Justin is a fraud.. He was dissing MJ before he died. He is only doing this because it's 'cool' to like Michael again.. He was ashamed to show MJ love during the 2003-2009 period

always showing love to Michael?? :black_eye: Justin is a fraud.. He was dissing MJ before he died. He is only doing this because it's 'cool' to like Michael again.. He was ashamed to show MJ love during the 2003-2009 period

It's sad that some people always have to find a negative in something positive.

When did he ever diss MJ? I'm not entirely knowledge about JT so I would actually like to know, because as far as I know he's always shown respect for MJ. Even if he was quiet on the topic of MJ from 2003-2009, that does not qualify as 'dissing'. Hell, he even performed with MJ in 2001 (though you did say 2003-2009 so I suppose that doesn't count).

In all honestly, while I don't personally agree with what happened, I can understand why celebrities avoided publicly supporting MJ during this time. Michael's public perception at that time was extremely low and he was also on trial for one of the most despicable crimes one can think of. Yes, we all know now that Michael is 100% innocent but at that time, most celebrities were probably unsure and what if they spoke out in defence of Michael and then he ended up being found guilty? Congratulations, you've just been found supporting a 'convicted child molester'. It could be extremely damaging to their image and while many respected MJ musically no doubt, I don't think they were close enough to him to publicly speak out in his defence at the time (and for a while after). Many who WERE close to MJ did speak out in his defence, such as Macaulay Culkin, but others, were not close enough to MJ, didn't to avoid risk damaging their careers (JT was only just starting out solo when the 2003 allegations came out, months after his first solo album came out).

Once again I would like to point out that I do not personally agree with what they did, just that I can see where most celebrities come from.

But even then, I think we need to sometimes stop focusing on the past and instead focus on the now and the future. What's done is done and no-one can change it... but at least Justin Timberlake is doing his bit to help keep MJ's legacy alive by performing an amazing song at one of his concerts. Who knows, maybe a JT fan heard him perform that song, googled it later that night and have just started to look into Michael's work? Tens of thousands of people go to every single show of his, there's got to be at least a small number of people who have done just that! It's obvious that Michael has had a substantial influence on Justin's musical career and I see no problem with him performing a tribute.

Thank you for the video! It was nice to see Justin performing a favourite of mine :)

Seriously? I get sick of all the negativity. MJ is his idol period. Say something intelligent. JT is one of the good guys in the music world come on. Timbaland is his producer get over it. I would be surprised if JT is on the new album. :angry:

Seriously? I get sick of all the negativity. MJ is his idol period. Say something intelligent. JT is one of the good guys in the music world come on. Timbaland is his producer get over it. I would be surprised if JT is on the new album. :angry:

I disagree totally... JT has never acknowledged MJ as an influence. When he was compared to him, he was ashamed and said that he was influenced by Frank Sinatra

^ I really don't think he was ashamed, I always thought of it more as a way he tried defending himself from being called an "MJ copy cat".. I just think he did it in a way that he got a bit defensive and took away from Michael (unintentionally) I never ever thought of him as ashamed of Michael, he has proudly talked about Michael while MJ was alive several times, we can't just take one interview as THE example of what someone believes or showcases. There has been definitely A LOT more positive uplifting comments by Justin about Michael (While MJ was living) than anything...

It is hard while being heavily influenced by someone so much while being an artist of there own to be labeled as a copy cat..

He was angry people compared his first album and dancing with Michael which are shamelessly in fact a copycat. I can't find that interview anymore but he definitely wasn't fond of him in 2003. And I agree with jaydom, JT has never acknowledged how much Michael has influenced him, JT is an hypocrite fake like most of the Hollywood industry.

^ I really don't think he was ashamed, I always thought of it more as a way he tried defending himself from being called an "MJ copy cat".. I just think he did it in a way that he got a bit defensive and took away from Michael (unintentionally) I never ever thought of him as ashamed of Michael, he has proudly talked about Michael while MJ was alive several times, we can't just take one interview as THE example of what someone believes or showcases. There has been definitely A LOT more positive uplifting comments by Justin about Michael (While MJ was living) than anything...

It is hard while being heavily influenced by someone so much while being an artist of there own to be labeled as a copy cat..

If you point any of those occasions he spoke well of Michael after the trial, I'm interested because as far as I can remember correctly, he didn't do such thing.

If you point any of those occasions he spoke well of Michael after the trial, I'm interested because as far as I can remember correctly, he didn't do such thing.

But did he ever speak of Michael in a negative way after the trial either?

He was angry people compared his first album and dancing with Michael which are shamelessly in fact a copycat. I can't find that interview anymore but he definitely wasn't fond of him in 2003. And I agree with jaydom, JT has never acknowledged how much Michael has influenced him, JT is an hypocrite fake like most of the Hollywood industry.

Well duh! Of course he's not going to like it! In 2003 he was a new solo artist trying to establish an image for himself and if people start immediately comparing him to another artist, he's not going to be entirely fond of it. Whether or not you think he is a 'copycat' (I don't think he is, though I can certainly see a significant amount of influence from MJ), surely that is somewhat understandable? And I'm pretty sure JT HAS actually acknowledged how much MJ has influenced him. I recall an interview from around 2009 where he acknowledges this.

Maybe it was 'suddenly cool' to acknowledge MJ's influence then, but regardless you cannot say that JT has never acknowledged MJ's influence if that is the case. Honestly I think it's so stupid to keep holding it as a vendetta against him when he has not only admitted MJ's influence, but he has demonstrated respect for MJ over the past few years. He is probably a lot more happier to now reference MJ's influence on him now that he is finally an established artist with his own image.

Oh God.....
6nDkf0w.gif

Well :fear: .... I have nothing against Justin. :nono: He was always respectful about Michael. -_- I liked this little tribute. :heart: It is always wonderful to see that Michael is forever remembered/celebrated by some artists. :girl_sigh:

airingsjamie1.gif

Nothing you just wrote it accurate tho.
He's not obligated to praise MJ every 2 seconds.

And like Historic said, while it's cool to be compared to an idol, I'm sure any artist would want to have their own identity.
That wasn't him dissing MJ...

If some of you like JT, fine I can't argue with that but don't expect everybody to do the same thing. He's not creative, he's not original at all, pretty average performer and if he wasn't a copycat, the interviewer wouldn't had pointed out. JT acted like a girlie butthurt because the interviewer told the truth. I said he's a fake hypocrite because he was angry he was compared with Michael, he didn't want be associated with him when JT himself caused it but when Michael passed, "oh. how much I love him", hypocritical on many levels. When Beyoncé or Celine Dion have made tributes for him, I believe them because they've always shown tons of respect and love for him, thing JT didn't.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3938693 said:
If some of you like JT, fine I can't argue with that but don't expect everybody to do the same thing. He's not creative, he's not original at all, pretty average performer and if he wasn't a copycat, the interviewer wouldn't had pointed out. JT acted like a girlie butthurt because the interviewer told the truth. I said he's a fake hypocrite because he was angry he was compared with Michael, he didn't want be associated with him when JT himself caused it but when Michael passed, "oh. how much I love him", hypocritical on many levels. When Beyoncé or Celine Dion have made tributes for him, I believe them because they've always shown tons of respect and love for him, thing JT didn't.

Uhh just because an interviewer points something out doesn't mean it's true? As I said before, it's likely he was unhappy being compared with Michael in 2003 because he was just starting off in a solo career and wanted to try and establish his own image. I can understand that. A few years later, by the time Michael passed, JT was an established solo artist and I think he was much happier to be compared to other artists now that he had finally established himself as a successful artist in his own right.

I don't know if I'd call him a hypocrite though. I would only call him one if he explicitly DENIED that MJ had an influence on his career and then later said that yes, MJ has had an influence. I'm not entirely sure if in that 2003 interview he just got annoyed and denied MJ's influence, or if he just got annoyed at the comparison but didn't deny the influence instead saying he was influenced by Frank Sinatra. If it's the latter, then I wouldn't call him a hypocrite as he never explicitly said MJ never influenced him, instead switching topic to say Sinatra influenced him.

I certainly think that JT should've at least acknowledged MJ's influence on him a long time ago, yes, but I fail to see that as much of a reason to hold a vendetta against him - especially when he acknowledged his influence once he was established. The past is the past but now is now. The main thing is that he's helping keep MJ's legacy alive and no doubt introducing a few younger fans to his music along the way.

I love Human Nature.

Me too, I could listen to this song a million times:heart: But it just loses so much of it's magic when not performed by Michael.. So this tribute didn't really do much for me;) Apart from that and the whole 'is JT a hypocrite' discussion, I do like that he did it cause he doesn't have to & any positive attention for Michael is welcome as far as I'm concerned!

Me too, I could listen to this song a million times:heart: But it just loses so much of it's magic when not performed by Michael.. So this tribute didn't really do much for me;) Apart from that and the whole 'is JT a hypocrite' discussion, I do like that he did it cause he doesn't have to & any positive attention for Michael is welcome as far as I'm concerned!

Absolutely! He has been doing MJ tributes ever since he released the 20/20 experience. If you haven't seen it yet you should watch the performance of Shake Your Body Down in Rock and Rio. Beautiful tribute

Which vendetta are you talking about Historic? I simply can't stand him, neither his music and it doesn't make me a hater either.
If JT wasn't a copycat, he wouldn't have people, nor critics saying his dancing looks like and his music sounds like Michael's. I'll put Chris Brown as an example, I can't stand neither him, nor his music, he's a copycat. But I acknowledge he's been more sincere Michael fan than JT. If people compare him with Michael, Chris has spoked about him with so much respect and love towards him admitting Mike's been a huge influence on him, thing JT has never done.

Which vendetta are you talking about Historic? I simply can't stand him, neither his music and it doesn't make me a hater either.
If JT wasn't a copycat, he wouldn't have people, nor critics saying his dancing looks like and his music sounds like Michael's. I'll put Chris Brown as an example, I can't stand neither him, nor his music, he's a copycat. But I acknowledge he's been more sincere Michael fan than JT. If people compare him with Michael, Chris has spoked about him with so much respect and love towards him admitting Mike's been a huge influence on him, thing JT has never done.

They compare Justin to Michael? :bugeyed I mean, on his song Take Back The Night I've heard some comparisons, but there's more? I'm shocked. And Chris Brown? I don't like him, but I can't say I hate the man either. After all,he always showed Michael love. I will admit, sometimes I will catch myself listening to his music from 05-07, and I don't think he's trying to be Michael. Mainly because I haven't seen one video (unless you wanna say Wall To Wall sorta resembles Thriller, except it's modern and with vampires) that really resembles MJ's. Oh, and I really do have some respect for Chris because he said didn't want to be Michael's copy.

Now back to Mr. Timberlake..I don't really listen to him unless I hear Mirror, Suit & Tie, Take Back The Night and some other songs of the 20/20 Experience. It's pretty cool he did a tribute. I haven't really seen JT thank Michael, but I think it's because I was never really curious to know.

TBH guys, we don't have to label anyone a 'hater' or having some sort of vendetta against JT just because they don't like him. I can't stand Nicki Minaj, but does that make me a hater? No. I don't spend countless days bashing her or anything like that. Do I have some vendetta? No. (And why would I? Lol if I did it would probably be against those wigs.) but any whoo..opinions are opinions and we should respect them.

The Chris Brown example was to point out JT supposedly started to show love for Michael when he passed but in 2003-2008 he didn't want to be associated with him at all. And now it's cool for the industry to love him again, he shows it.

Absolutely! He has been doing MJ tributes ever since he released the 20/20 experience. If you haven't seen it yet you should watch the performance of Shake Your Body Down in Rock and Rio. Beautiful tribute

Well I never listen to his music at all, and like I said the tribute itself didn't do much (read: anything) for me, only the fact he brought some positive attention to Michael:) But tbh I never really like ANY tributes because nobody can do it like Michael so what's the point, right? :p Esp SYB live:bugeyed, that's like.. holy, you can't touch that:nono::lol:

That's great to see :) I'm seeing JT in January and I hope he does some MJ tributes...Would be cool to see :D

^^That first video is from 2001, not July 2009 :)

Which vendetta are you talking about Historic? I simply can't stand him, neither his music and it doesn't make me a hater either... ...Chris has spoked about him with so much respect and love towards him admitting Mike's been a huge influence on him, thing JT has never done.

JT has never admitted MJ's influence you say? Uhh mthalen just posted a video where 15 seconds in he says "Michael is a huge influence" so he has actually admitted MJ's influence - just not at a time you would've preferred. I think Chris is more of a copycat than Michael (having seen that video where he dances to Fine China, while certainly impressive, MJ's influence is unmissable) and while it's obvious JT has had found a decent influence from MJ, I've yet to really see something that straight up copies Michael, as xosweetseducingsighsxo said as well, so I wouldn't call him a copycat (If JT was performing an MJ song, it would be understandable to see him pull off some MJ moves. I'm talking about in his normal, non-tribute work).

I don't think you're a hater either, I actually think that word is too overused today. I would only call you a hater if you went out of your way to talk shit about JT and constantly bring it up. Of course you don't go out of your way to talk shit about him (we're in a JT thread after all) and I'm sure you don't go onto his YouTube videos either and keep on commenting about how you think he's a copycat, a fake etc, so yeah I don't consider you a hater :p Nothing wrong with having a negative opinion about someone or something, I just only consider someone a 'hater' when they go out of their way to spread hate about the topic, which you haven't :)

Vendetta was probably the wrong word to use but I just think it's a silly thing to hold against him since he has been spreading love about MJ for the last few years. Maybe he should've talked about MJ's influence from 2003-2009, I think he could've at least once as well, but I think he's made up for it now and don't see much of a point of holding it against him. At least he's actually changed and is admitting MJ's influence now, that's something! Besides, who knows, maybe JT actually spoke in private to MJ in the last 6/7 years of his life and thanked him then? Of course that might not have happened, but it is possible! MJ talked in private to a lot of people :D

Back