Mo Pleasure posts a photo of a This Is It paper setlist he found in his house

Art

Proud Member
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...03607272654.131340.97921032654&type=1&theater

Amazing! I recommend following Mo on Facebook he is a really nice guy.
Once I messaged him with an MJ question and he sent back:

"The whole This is It experience and my short time with MJ is really kinda sacred to me and I really don't talk about it much."

I really respected him for that.

So yeah, this is a great find. Interesting to confirm "Rock with You", "Dangerous" and "We Are the World".

Nice Thanks for sharing
Dorian Holley
Laminated and framed his TII Set list

My Faborite Things a couple weeks into This Is It rehearsals, they put these giant set lists, 2 feet high, in front of each player. crazy, right?generally they're printed on standard sized paper. each band member had one. all four singers had one so I took mine home thinking it would be a nice keepsake. well, a year after michael's passing, it's still sitting on my dresser showing signs of wear. finally occurred to me to preserve it. i took it to Hotel Deville, this groovy vintage glasses/custom frame shop where the ultra cool dana sets it in this lovely black case. it now rest on the wall next to our piano where I write.?

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...004.1073741827.148180855255958&type=1&theater

Interesting that Billie Jean was the last song before he did Man in the Mirror, which is listed as 'encore'

after the intermission, MJ hit them with his big guns: Thriller, Earth Song, We Are the World/Heal the World, Bilie Jean, and then the last song--Man in the Mirror. I love seeing this set list!

Not really news. This exact set list was auctioned off back in 2010 on Julian's Auctions.

Why does that pic look familiar to me.. I really think I've seen this!

nice though!

We can't forget this pic:

1df6b29b0ed72222159c466a9970729f.jpg

Wonder why he didn't include any tracks from invincible ?

This Is It was intended as a greatest hits tour. The only hit from Invincible was YRMW. He could've performed an album track, but the album tracks on Invincible are only really known by the hardcore fanbase.

I think another reason why Michael didn't perform anything from Invincible is because a lot of fans were disappointment with that album, me being one of them. Don't get me wrong, I do think that Invincible is a good album but compared to his previous albums it's really lacking in my opinion. Michael's not stupid, and he probably knew that a lot of fans were disappointment with Invincible

blackwidow;3941166 said:
Wonder why he didn't include any tracks from invincible ?

Didn´t he say I´m going to perform the songs my fans want to hear?

He could have played Whatever Happens and Threatened from Vince. Both are awesome tracks IMO.

THE COMPLETE THIS IS IT SET LIST
01. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
02. Jam
03. The Drill
04. They Don't Care About Us
05. Human Nature or Stranger in Moscow
06. Smooth Criminal
07. The Way You Make Me Feel
08. Jackson 5 Medley
09. Rock With You
10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
11. Dangerous
12. Black or White
13. Dirty Diana
14. Beat It
====Intermission====
15. Thriller
16. Earth Song
17. We Are the World/Heal the World
18. You Are Not Alone
19. Billie Jean
20. Will You Be There (encore)
21. Man in the Mirror (encore)

^^ This is the final set list accepted by Michael a few days before he died. The version Mo Pleasure and Dorian Holley have uploaded was the one that would have been performed on opening night. As it implies, Human Nature would have alternated with Stranger in Moscow during certain shows.

THE COMPLETE THIS IS IT SET LIST
01. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
02. Jam
03. The Drill
04. They Don't Care About Us
05. Human Nature or Stranger in Moscow
06. Smooth Criminal
07. The Way You Make Me Feel
08. Jackson 5 Medley
09. Rock With You
10. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
11. Dangerous
12. Black or White
13. Dirty Diana
14. Beat It
====Intermission====
15. Thriller
16. Earth Song
17. We Are the World/Heal the World
18. You Are Not Alone
19. Billie Jean
20. Will You Be There (encore)
21. Man in the Mirror (encore)

^^ This is the final set list accepted by Michael a few days before he died. The version Mo Pleasure and Dorian Holley have uploaded was the one that would have been performed on opening night. As it implies, Human Nature would have alternated with Stranger in Moscow during certain shows.

i would love to see rock with you, will you be there, stranger in moscow, heal the world, dangerous, dirty diana, you are not alone & don't stop 'til you get enough. if he rehearsed all of them of course, would be fantastic to get a more complete experience of what it would have been like.

Last edited:
They rehearsed Can You Feel It also. Don't know if it was an instrumental or what though.

I'm pretty sure that "You Rock My World" was intended to be performed only on some of the shows instead of "The Way You Make Me Feel", but MJ never got to rehearse it in time. "Stranger in Moscow" was also never completely rehearsed in time and was supposed to periodically switch places with "Human Nature" for some shows, at least according to the musical director from one of the DVD's bonus features.

They didn´t need to rehearse all songs before the first show,they were going to have a break and had time to rehearse and change the setlist then.
25 june was the day Michael was going to rehearse Dirty Diana

I'm pretty sure that "You Rock My World" was intended to be performed only on some of the shows instead of "The Way You Make Me Feel", but MJ never got to rehearse it in time. "Stranger in Moscow" was also never completely rehearsed in time and was supposed to periodically switch places with "Human Nature" for some shows, at least according to the musical director from one of the DVD's bonus features.

Travis Payne confirmed Michael rehearsed stranger in Moscow saying it was one of the best rehearsals Michael had done! it was intended for the bonus features. hope to see it in the future.

Travis Payne confirmed Michael rehearsed stranger in Moscow saying it was one of the best rehearsals Michael had done! it was intended for the bonus features. hope to see it in the future.

yes same me i hope we will see this maybe for next year,5 years anniversary of this is it.

It would be great to see Rock With You and Stranger in Moscow rehearsals. They should have included them on the Blu-Ray/DVD. Also I want to see this Man in the Mirror:

0023ae9885da0c51d36d0d.jpg

It´s been said he planned some special thing with Blood On The Dancefloor but it´s in the works only and it would be on the second half of the "tour".

Zack44;3941984 said:

I'm about 70% sure of that as well. I've heard conflicting stories from numerous people about that. But Stranger in Moscow was rehearsed at least once in full with Michael singing 100% live. It was intended to be a bonus feature on the DVD but was pulled last minute (according to Dorian Holley, Michael's vocal coach).

Zakk;3941746 said:
i would love to see rock with you, will you be there, stranger in moscow, heal the world, dangerous, dirty diana, you are not alone & don't stop 'til you get enough. if he rehearsed all of them of course, would be fantastic to get a more complete experience of what it would have been like.

Will You Be There, Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough and Dangerous were all rehearsed to some extent with Michael, given that video footage from the behind-the-scenes clips + photos exist. Dirty Diana was never rehearsed with Michael on stage (if memory serves the band only rehearsed with playback vocals). No clue about You Are Not Alone or Rock With You though.

Virre;3942036 said:
It´s been said he planned some special thing with Blood On The Dancefloor but it´s in the works only and it would be on the second half of the "tour".

Michael and the band/crew had a three month break (leg 1 ended on September 29; leg 2 began on January 7) which would be spent on (a) revamping the tour for its second leg and (b) finishing Michael's album. Given that Blood on the Dance Floor was a major hit in London around its release, I would imagine that he would throw it in there somewhere.

Dirty Diana was never rehearsed with Michael on stage (if memory serves the band only rehearsed with playback vocals).
Actually they rehearsed it with Michael on stage but it seems that he wasn't singing. In the DVD extras you can see him standing on the stage(silver jacket) with red lights and Dirty Diana playing if I remember right. The same day when Beat It was rehearsed with the cherry picker.

Thank you very much for posting this setlist! Gives an even better insight on what Michael would have planned for the show. Wasn't June 19 the day Michael was that sick Kenny was terribly concerned, though? :(
I guess they didn't rehearse much on that day.

Stranger In Moscow was rehearsed at The Forum for sure, fans heard it and I heard a recording of it.. Dirty Diana was also, this I heard for myself, the stage props were just not ready..

PS on that pic of Kenny writing stuff on the board I love how it explains in one line the titles, one line the staging effects,o ne line the stage props, the other lighting effects/colors.

God just to have seen this, I had my ticket for Jan 18th 2010!

Back