Wanna Be Starting Something Los Angeles (Three different nights)

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Date: 1989, January 27th
[youtube]FzzpWGAqXVg[/youtube]

Date: Unknown
[youtube]eBxwXB2RgVA[/youtube]

Date: Unknown
[youtube]OExm3ssMeWQ[/youtube]

I just realized that these are all from different nights. It would be great to have one of the LA shows in it's entirety :)

Great observation. In all the times I've watched those clips I didn't realize they were in fact three different nights. I agree about having an LA89 show. I love the ramp towards the back of the stage and MJ is looking a little Dangerous era which is amazing. Those LA89 shows look quite unique in comparison to the 88 shows, which are different again compared to the 87 shows. They really need to release a Bad Tour boxset of atleast 12 shows lol.

It would be amazing to see one of these concerts. Quality of the master tapes is amazing.

several Los Angeles shows exist in HD, snippets can be seen in the brace yourself teaser.

They are good quality but not HD. :)

how do you know? it's entirely possible Michael asked for HD scans to be made when he released the DANGEROUS short films in 2001. + I believe there are some L.A dates in HD.

Those clips of Bad in The One from LA look pretty great. The quality is certainly a step up from Wembley although I'm not meaning to go down that road again as I love Bad25.

how do you know? it's entirely possible Michael asked for HD scans to be made when he released the DANGEROUS short films in 2001. + I believe there are some L.A dates in HD.

All L.A. clips in this look like JumboTron footage to me so HD is not possible. Some concerts were shot on film but I don't think L.A. was one of them. Beat It clip at 1:49 could be film but that is some stadium concert from Europe leg.

Last edited:

All L.A. clips in this look like JumboTron footage to me so HD is not possible. Some concerts were shot on film but I don't think L.A. was one of them. Beat It clip at 1:49 could be film but that is some stadium concert from Europe leg.

L.A was planned for release in 1990 but was subsequently cancelled, I do believe L.A is out there on film or in HD.

Can't we just have one discussion about The Bad Tour without bringing up the subject about what was taped on film?

Great observation. In all the times I've watched those clips I didn't realize they were in fact three different nights. I agree about having an LA89 show. I love the ramp towards the back of the stage and MJ is looking a little Dangerous era which is amazing. Those LA89 shows look quite unique in comparison to the 88 shows, which are different again compared to the 87 shows. They really need to release a Bad Tour boxset of atleast 12 shows lol.

Yeah, for the longest of times i thought these were all from the same night! There is one more clip,(the beginning of WBSS), which i think is from LA88 but i can't seem to find it anymore. Either we get a boxset or we proceed with a heist to empty the estate's collection, Lol.

Back