MICHAELFEST: Trademark by Triumph International

Zakk

Proud Member
This looks very exciting, especially with the prospects of the "Internet website portal" :wild: let's hope something come's of this :)

Description:
"On Friday, December 06, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for MICHAELFEST by TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC., Los Angeles, CA 900676406. The USPTO has given the MICHAELFEST trademark serial number of 86137205. The current federal status of this trademark filing is NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER. The correspondent listed for MICHAELFEST is JEFFREY M. SMITH, ESQ., KRISTEN L. FANCH of GREENBERG TRAURIG, LLP, 3333 PIEDMONT RD NE SUITE 2500, ATLANTA, GA 30305 . The MICHAELFEST trademark is filed in the category of Education and Entertainment Services . The description provided to the USPTO for MICHAELFEST is Entertainment in the nature of live stage performances in the nature of tribute concerts; entertainment services, namely, televised performances featuring tribute concerts; entertainment services, namely, an ongoing series featuring music and dance provided through the internet, television, satellite, and audio media; film, theater, radio, videotape and television program production services; entertainment in the nature of a continuing television drama series, entertainment in the nature of a continuing television comedy series; entertainment in the nature of television news shows; music publishing services; song writing services; audio recording and production; record and music production; recording studio services; magazine publication services; providing recreational activities facilities for others; recreational camps; recreational park services; amusement parks; art exhibitions; dance instruction; entertainment services, namely, operating a museum and providing guided tours of the museum; providing theme park services; dance events; dance schools; dance studios; museums; entertainment services, namely, providing podcasts in the field of music; entertainment services, namely, providing information and commentary online in the field of music; providing newsletters in the field of music via e-mail; entertainment services, namely, providing pre-recorded music, video and graphics, providing information in the field of music, and commentary and articles about music, all on-line; providing an Internet website portal featuring musical performances, musical videos, film clips, photographs and other multimedia materials featuring music and/or visual representations of Michael Jackson such as footage or photographs; fan club services; educational services, namely conducting classes, seminars, conferences, and workshops in the field of music and entertainment."

Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/michaelfest-86137205.html

could this be the title of fan events? websites? and more? Looks fresh to me :)

Re: MICHAELFEST: Trademark Submission by Triumph International

Maybe the estate is planning something similar than Ozzy-fest or October fest in Germany?
Or maybe they are planning to turnSpike Lee's Brooklyn Loves MJ in to official yearly event.

"operating a museum and providing guided tours of the museum"
:tease: :wild: :pray:

Maybe the estate is planning something similar than Ozzy-fest or October fest in Germany?
Or maybe they are planning to turnSpike Lee's Brooklyn Loves MJ in to official yearly event.

"operating a museum and providing guided tours of the museum"
:tease: :wild: :pray:

would be a great way to celebrate Michael's life, 5 years after! it would be fantastic & I hope they pursue this, just like they did when they trademarked "BAD25" this'll be a perfect project for sure!

Fingers crossed for something wonderful.

There used to be a MJ fan convention/party back in the 80s and 90s with the same name so it's cool that the title is getting used again

It was submitted back in 2010:

6/15/2010
MJ's Estate will announce a new Michael Jackson event called "MichaelFest" very soon most likely. More details to come here...

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com.es/2010/06/michaelfest.html

And then in 2011:

4/28/2011
The Michael Jackson Estate just registered a couple of new domain names related to the first "MichaelFest" event they announced yesterday for this December.
As I previously reported, the MJ Estate registered the "MichaelFest" trademark a year ago. Now we know the reason.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com.es/2011/04/new-michael-jackson-domain-names.html

It was submitted back in 2010:

6/15/2010
MJ's Estate will announce a new Michael Jackson event called "MichaelFest" very soon most likely. More details to come here...

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com.es/2010/06/michaelfest.html

And then in 2011:

4/28/2011
The Michael Jackson Estate just registered a couple of new domain names related to the first "MichaelFest" event they announced yesterday for this December.
As I previously reported, the MJ Estate registered the "MichaelFest" trademark a year ago. Now we know the reason.

http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com.es/2011/04/new-michael-jackson-domain-names.html

so this is old news or it's happening for 2014?

This was for the Fan Fest that took place in Vegas during the Immortal Tour's month long run at the Mandalay Bay arena back in December 2011.

It is nothing new. They have just refreshed the trademark is all, which is quite common.

It seems the trademark allows them to do lots of exciting projects in the future, so I am still excited!! What if they decide to have an ongoing presence in the world with tv shows, classes, educational courses, camps, etc., this could extend the Michael brand beyond dancing and singing.

It seems the trademark allows them to do lots of exciting projects in the future, so I am still excited!! What if they decide to have an ongoing presence in the world with tv shows, classes, educational courses, camps, etc., this could extend the Michael brand beyond dancing and singing.

i think i'm more excited about them adding ''film clips, musical performances'' & ''internet website portal'' though, i think the submitted domains, MichaelTV & MJExclusive would work better than Michaelfest for those kinda thing's though! glad to know they've bought those website link titles!

^^Yeah I know you are more excited by those, but I would also want to see Michael reaching out into other arenas the way he always talked about when he was alive. He had a lot of ideas to do things that went beyond dancing and singing. With a trademark like the above there is room for everyone to be excited. I was re-reading what Branca wrote in Bush's book, about how Michael was always creating and he would put things on napkins, pillows, paper. I would like to see the Michael brand doing something like those big companies that have influence in diverse markets.

As I said, this isn't new. It's for the fan fest that happened two years ago. These type of trademark registrations always covere every possible use. It doesn't mean any of those things will happen.

For example, the Bad 25 trademark covered all the same stuff. Speculation based on things that happened years ago should not be in the news section.

As I said, this isn't new. It's for the fan fest that happened two years ago. These type of trademark registrations always covere every possible use. It doesn't mean any of those things will happen.

For example, the Bad 25 trademark covered all the same stuff. Speculation based on things that happened years ago should not be in the news section.

''MICHAELFEST
Status/
Status Date:
NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER
12/18/2013
Serial Number: 86137205
Filing Date: 12/6/2013''

& ''International Class Code(s): 041
US Class Code(s): 100, 101, 107
Primary Class: Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
Class(es) Status: Active''

still says it is active.

''MICHAELFEST
Status/
Status Date:
NEW APPLICATION - RECORD INITIALIZED NOT ASSIGNED TO EXAMINER
12/18/2013
Serial Number: 86137205
Filing Date: 12/6/2013''

& ''International Class Code(s): 041
US Class Code(s): 100, 101, 107
Primary Class: Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
Class(es) Status: Active''

still says it is active.

So is Bad 25 and many other trademarks owned by Triumph. It's standard practice to keep these things up to date.

Back