The Glove

HIStory

Proud Member
I'm reading Michael Bush's book (beautiful book) and I was surprised about what he said about The Glove. I knew that despite of Motown 25 making it famous and iconic it wasn't the first time Michael wore it. I saw photos of him wearing it during Triumph and even Destiny Tour. But what surprised me in Bush's book that it's claimed Michael had such gloves way back while he was a child. In fact, Bush says Michael once gave him a glove that he created with his own hands while he was a child. Here it is

nfqzcw.jpg

I find this amazing. Do we have any footage, photo of him wearing this or a similar glove as a child?

That`s really interesting... MJ was known for being innovative and sometimes taking years to fully 'out' on off his new things. This is really a nice find!

I love that book. I've read it several times and I love the story of the glove.

I haven't seen any video like that though, I'll keep an eye out.

Never seen him wear such a thing as a child, but remember seeing the glove on him as early as the Triumph tour. It's on his hand during that compilation video while they're warming up backstage and he's doing those leg kicks as they're walking toward the stage. Can't say there's been a moment when I've seen him wear the glove or anything like it prior to that.

It's fascinating how anachronistic Michael was. Some part of the general consensus is that Michael got creative and had creative ideas during/after Thriller. Major misconception

Never seen him wear such a thing as a child, but remember seeing the glove on him as early as the Triumph tour. It's on his hand during that compilation video while they're warming up backstage and he's doing those leg kicks as they're walking toward the stage. Can't say there's been a moment when I've seen him wear the glove or anything like it prior to that.

I can't find that picture but I'm pretty sure I have seen a photo of him wearing the glove on the Destiny tour.

But yeah, he started to wear it more regularly on the Triumph tour. Funny how the world only took notice on Motown 25.

Triumph-Tour-off-the-wall-era-12814755-800-568.jpg

33a6r1h.jpg

Back