Did Michael like covers of his songs?

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
I wanted to know if Michael ever liked the covers people did of his music,especially famous ones(Fall Out Boy,Alien Ant Farm,etc.)
Is there interview footage of him talking about how he felt about it?

I wanted to know if Michael ever liked the covers people did of his music,especially famous ones(Fall Out Boy,Alien Ant Farm,etc.)
Is there interview footage of him talking about how he felt about it?
He commented on the Alient Ant Farm cover in the 2001 Getmusic.com interview with Anthony DeCurtis.

Don't remember exactly in which part of the interview he did though!

There's an interview done for Black and White Magazine (A fan magazine)

Link to the full interview: http://maljas.republika.pl/wywiady/bw.html

"B&W: M, what do you think of Blood On The Dance Floor, are you satisfied with that album?
M, immediately- I'm never satisfied with anything, if it was for me, no album would ever come out...
B&W: What do you think of the remixes they did of your songs?
M: The least I can say is that I don't like them...I don't like it that they come in and change my songs completely, But Sony says that the kids love remixes...
B&W: That is not true! The kids don't love the remixes that much, especially those on Blood On The Dance Floor!
M: I knew it! I was sure!
Throwing a fist in the air, then he shakes his head sighing
B&W: What do you think of the Blood On The Dance Floor cover?
M: I like it!"

^^ The above he is speaking of remixes of his music, that were released on BOTDF and as singles.

^^ The above he is speaking of remixes of his music, that were released on BOTDF and as singles.

I liked them, but nothing more than that. I think Michael's original work will always sound 110% better than any remixes. Though i have to give an exception to DjOxygene8's remixes, those are pretty darn epic.

^^ They asked him about the cover for Blood On The Dancefloor. Music covers (Renditions) and remixes are two different things.

Back