2014 US FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS - BOSTON - Maia & Alex Shibutani Perform Routine to MJ

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00

The brother and sister pair came in third place. They rehearsed with MJ choreographers Travis Payne and Stacy Walker for the routine.

Nice, I hope we get to see that routine in the upcoming Olympic Winter Games, more polished if possible.

I haven't seen tributes to Michael in the Olympics since Salt Lake City, 2002.

Evyeni Plushenko did the same short program in Salt Lake but on this occasion was better because he didn't fell down. Too bad Plushi won't compete individually for Russia. :(

And Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz dance routine. I like them better than the Shi siblings IMHO.

Re: Maia & Alex Shibutani "Michael Jackson" | ICE DANCING |

They did great job :clapping:
I loved the moment when Thriller started playing, the audience let out big cheer and started clapping.

Announcer said that Travis Payne and Stacy Walker helped them with their choreography.

So amazing!

They qualified for the Olympics.

Really, really Beautiful!

I love the moment when "Man In The Mirror" was played.

I haven't seen tributes to Michael in the Olympics since Salt Lake City, 2002.

I remember watching a hockey game during the Vancouver Olympics, I think I remember hearing Michael's song or two. I thing it was "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough" that I heard. I don't know which game but I remember the song is played. And Alex Shibutani is a Bruins fan? YAY!!!

^That's why I specified that competition. A few weeks before the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, 2010, Evan Lysacek (gold medalist in men's cathegory for USA) performed Man In The Mirror. It was also coreographed by Travis Payne. I hope the Shibutani siblings decide to keep and improve ther MJ routine for the dance competition.

Evan's tribute. Pretty nice indeed!

Here is a more recent performance from Elladj , He has really perfected his act. Love it

I think it's great how Michael and his music can be appreciated in ways like this. He would love it if he was here to see it.

The Brits at the European Championship today. They finished third.

I liked them better, their routine was more dramatic and their outfit is more Michael Jackson-ish. I hope we get to see this dance routine in the Olympics as well. Thanks!

Back