Dylan Farrow's Story (New York Times)

SheilaMJFan4Ever

Proud Member
I wasn't sure where to put this, since it doesn't contain anything Mike-related, but the RESPONSE of readers to her account of molestation by Woody Allen (her adopted father)unfairly compares Michael to the famed director. The often-repeated phrase I've been seeing on Facebook, Yahoo!, NYT's site, etc. is "he got away with it just like Michael Jackson". Never mind the FACT that Mike was investigated, charged, tried and found NOT GUILTY while Mr. Allen's case had probably cause for criminal charges, yet it wasn't pursued. *Sigh*

Here's the New York Times link to the op-ed and link to Ms. Farrow's open letter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/opinion/sunday/kristof-dylan-farrows-story.html?hp&rref=opinion

No matter how many facts you tell people like the FBI investigated Michael over a decade and found NO PROOF he was that kind of criminal, they don't wanna fukking know the truth! :mat: I'll put this MLK Jr.'s quote because I really believe it's appropriate:

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Keep in mind no one but her made such a claim in the middle of a bitter separation. No matter what we think of Woody , at his age no one but her accused him .What does that say? Having known what we know about pedophilia it's highly unlikely he is what she is accusing him of being.

Another lie , that is so often repeated and always go unchallenged, is that he married his adopted daughter when he had never adopted her , never lived under the same roof with her. People are just lazy . They enjoy being ignorant as they allow others to think for them and lead them.

I never researched the allegations against Woody Allen, so I do not know, but if there's one thing MJ's case taught me not to judge based on superficial tabloid rumours and not to judge if I do not know. Unfortunately a lot of people judge without knowing.

Whether Dylan's allegations are true or not, at least she seems to have a more realistic reaction to her alleged abuser than MJ's accusers:

I would hide under beds or lock myself in the bathroom to avoid these encounters, but he always found me. These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal. I thought this was how fathers doted on their daughters. But what he did to me in the attic felt different. I couldn’t keep the secret anymore.

When I asked my mother if her dad did to her what Woody Allen did to me, I honestly did not know the answer. I also didn’t know the firestorm it would trigger. I didn’t know that my father would use his sexual relationship with my sister to cover up the abuse he inflicted on me. I didn’t know that he would accuse my mother of planting the abuse in my head and call her a liar for defending me.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean it's true, but at least in her story she's a confused child who is repulsed by the closeness of Allen and who hid from him not to be near him and who told her mother wondering if it was really "normal". We don't have anything like that in any of the stories of MJ's accusers. Instead we have Wade Robson claiming he thought nothing bad of it until 2012. We have Gavin who was only upset on the stand as he described how MJ tried to hide from him.

After a custody hearing denied my father visitation rights, my mother declined to pursue criminal charges, despite findings of probable cause by the State of Connecticut – due to, in the words of the prosecutor, the fragility of the “child victim.” Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up. I was stricken with guilt that I had allowed him to be near other little girls. I was terrified of being touched by men. I developed an eating disorder. I began cutting myself. That torment was made worse by Hollywood. All but a precious few (my heroes) turned a blind eye. Most found it easier to accept the ambiguity, to say, “who can say what happened,” to pretend that nothing was wrong. Actors praised him at awards shows. Networks put him on TV. Critics put him in magazines. Each time I saw my abuser’s face – on a poster, on a t-shirt, on television – I could only hide my panic until I found a place to be alone and fall apart.

Where are all those reactions in the case of MJ's accusers? Instead you've got Wade doing the public praising and defense himself until 2012. Instead you've got Jordan dancing to MJ's music and his friends and family praising MJ and being fans of MJ (yes, that's true), Gavin getting married to MJ's music and only smiling and shrugging when he hears that music. So where is this reaction in the case of MJ's accusers? Of course, now Wade will try to act like this to sell his story, but where was this behavior by him for more than 20 years?

Dylan is upset that Woody Allen was never prosecuted, but Wade had the chance to help other "victims" in a criminal court in 2005. Had Woody Alllen been brought to court with another allegation while Dylan was an adult, would she have defended Allen in court? I don't think so. She would have supported the accuser. And she would not have staged tributes for Allen, she would not have voluntarily praised him in the media etc.

Moreover, Sneddon extended the statues of limitations for Jordan so he could have took MJ to a criminal trial at any time he wanted even after he grew up, but he didn't. Instead, even when the prosecution contacted him for the Arvizo case in 2004 he told them he would legally fight any attempt to make him testify against MJ. Likewise his uncle Ray was running scared from testifying.

Unfortunately people are ignorant and people also like to judge based on generalizations without even checking out whether that generalization makes sense at all. Like when they compare MJ's case to OJ Simpson's or Woody Allen's. Do they know why OJ was acquitted and why was MJ? Of course, they don't, otherwise they would not make such an utterly stupid comparation. Just because there are criminals who get off it does not mean every not guilty verdict is wrong.

Soundmind;3957828 said:
Keep in mind no one but her made such a claim in the middle of a bitter separation. No matter what we think of Woody , at his age no one but her accused him .What does that say? Having known what we know about pedophilia it's highly unlikely he is what she is accusing him of being.

Another lie , that is so often repeated and always go unchallenged, is that he married his adopted daughter when he had never adopted her , never lived under the same roof with her. People are just lazy . They enjoy being ignorant as they allow others to think for them and lead them.

Yeah, that's right. That's why I'm saying what MJ's case taught me is not to judge without knowing. In fact, the Daily Beast just had an article about this thing.

The Woody Allen Allegations: Not So Fast

Quote:
Twenty-one years after the first allegations that Woody Allen abused his adopted daughter, that incident is back in the news thanks to the director’s ex-partner, Mia Farrow, and estranged son, Ronan Farrow. But what does a closer examination reveal?

<tbody>
</tbody>

Quote:
First, the Soon-Yi situation:

Every time I stumble upon this topic on the internet, it seems the people who are most outraged are also the most ignorant of the facts. Following are the top ten misconceptions, followed by my response in italics:

#1: Soon-Yi was Woody&#8217;s daughter. False.

#2: Soon-Yi was Woody&#8217;s step-daughter. False.

#3: Soon-Yi was Woody and Mia&#8217;s adopted daughter. False. Soon-Yi was the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and André Previn. Her full name was Soon-Yi Farrow Previn.

#4: Woody and Mia were married. False.

#5: Woody and Mia lived together. False. Woody lived in his apartment on Fifth Ave. Mia and her kids lived on Central Park West. In fact, Woody never once stayed over night at Mia&#8217;s apartment in 12 years.

#6: Woody and Mia had a common-law marriage. False. New York State does not recognize common law marriage. Even in states that do, a couple has to cohabitate for a certain number of years.

#7: Soon-Yi viewed Woody as a father figure. False. Soon-Yi saw Woody as her mother&#8217;s boyfriend. Her father figure was her adoptive father, André Previn.

#8: Soon-Yi was underage when she and Woody started having relations. False. She was either 19 or 21. (Her year of birth in Korea was undocumented, but believed to be either 1970 or &#8217;72.)

#9: Soon-Yi was borderline retarded. Ha! She&#8217;s smart as a whip, has a degree from Columbia University and speaks more languages than you.

#10: Woody was grooming Soon-Yi from an early age to be his child bride. Oh, come on! According to court documents and Mia&#8217;s own memoir, until 1990 (when Soon-Yi was 18 or 20), Woody &#8220;had little to do with any of the Previn children, (but) had the least to do with Soon-Yi&#8221; so Mia encouraged him to spend more time with her. Woody started taking her to basketball games, and the rest is tabloid history. So he hardly &#8220;had his eye on her&#8221; from the time she was a child.

Let me add this: If anyone is creeped out by the notion of a 55-year old man becoming involved with his girlfriend&#8217;s 19-year old adopted daughter, I understand. That makes perfect sense. But why not get the facts straight? If the actual facts are so repugnant to you, then why embellish them?

<tbody>
</tbody>

Quote:
I am not here to slam Mia. I think she&#8217;s an exceptional actress and I seriously admire her political activism. (I even follow her on Twitter.) But those who hate Woody &#8220;for what he did to Mia,&#8221; should be reminded that if Sinatra was indeed Ronan&#8217;s biological father, it&#8217;s not the first time Mia had a child by a married man. In 1969, at the age of 24, she became pregnant by musician/composer André Previn, 40, who was still married to singer/songwriter Dory Previn. The betrayal is said to have led to Dory Previn&#8217;s mental breakdown and institutionalization , during which she received electroconvulsive therapy. She would later write a song called, &#8220;Beware of Young Girls&#8221; about Mia. Maybe sleeping with your friend&#8217;s husband doesn&#8217;t earn as many demerits as sleeping with your girlfriend&#8217;s adopted daughter, but if you&#8217;re waving the &#8220;Never Forget&#8221; banner in Mia&#8217;s honor, let&#8217;s be consistent and take a moment to also remember the late Dory Previn. (Or better yet, let&#8217;s forget the whole damn thing, considering it&#8217;s none of our business.)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Quote:
As for the evidentiary videotape of young Dylan&#8217;s claims, it&#8217;s been noted that there were several starts and stops in the recording, essentially creating in-camera &#8220;edits&#8221; to the young girl&#8217;s commentary. This raises questions as to what was happening when the tape wasn&#8217;t running. Was Mia &#8220;coaching&#8221; her daughter off-camera, as suggested by the investigators? Mia says no&#8212;she merely turned the camera on whenever Dylan starting talking about what Daddy did. Maybe we should take Mia at her word on this. Since I wasn&#8217;t there, I think it&#8217;s good policy not to presume what took place.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Quote:
In the midst of the proceedings, on February 2, 1993, a revealing article appeared in the Los Angeles Times, headlined: &#8220;Nanny Casts Doubt on Farrow Charges,&#8221; in which former nanny Monica Thompson (whose salary was paid by Allen, since three of the brood were also his) swore in a deposition to Allen&#8217;s attorneys that she was pressured by Farrow to support the molestation charges, and the pressure led her to resign her position. Thompson had this to say about the videotape: &#8220;&#8220;I know that the tape was made over the course of at least two and perhaps three days. I recall Ms. Farrow saying to Dylan at that time, &#8216;Dylan, what did daddy do&#8230; and what did he do next?&#8217; Dylan appeared not to be interested, and Ms. Farrow would stop taping for a while and then continue.&#8221;

Thompson further revealed a conversation she had with Kristie Groteke, another nanny. &#8220;She told me that she felt guilty allowing Ms. Farrow to say those things about Mr. Allen. (Groteke) said the day Mr. Allen spent with the kids, she did not have Dylan out of her sight for longer than five minutes. She did not remember Dylan being without her underwear.&#8221;

<tbody>
</tbody>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html

Again, I do not know whether Dylan's story is true or not, but it does not seem to be as clear as how easily people jump to conclusions just because someone claims something. (Though I have to note it's highly ironic that the same Daily Beast which gives home to Diane Dimond's BS all the time, writes this article in defense of Woody Allen, but that's besides the point.)

Here in new york everyone i know view this case as Woody Allen vs Mia Farrow , the scorned woman who is rightly pissed that woody married her adopted daughter. And the majority thinks Mia poisoned her kids against Woody.

Their genius son Ronan Farrow at 25 is a lawyer, rhodes scholar, and soon to be host of a a daily show on msnbc. Recently he tweeted negative comments about his father, and the first response cheering him on was his mother, a very bitter Mia Farrow.

Last edited:
That is why I avoid this story. Either she was molested or her Mother has her convinced she was molested. Either way it is a sad story

I remember one of my friends was a supervisor at child services and this case came up. I was told the New York child services agency did investigate Allen and the family. A supervisor was sent to do the interviews. I was told from a supervisor that the story was not true about the abuse. These people are used to questioning children. This idea of accusing a man of sexual molestation when there is some major conflict is not common. These women always coach the children and turn simple games into some big seduction scene. Then after the public mess, Allen married the girl which he never did with Mia, so imagine all the range and vindictiveness this woman had. I am trying to remember the case because it was a long time ago, and I think Mia only came out with the child abuse issue AFTER she found out Allen & the girl had a relationship and to me it was an attempt to discredit him and a form of revenge.

The sad thing is that once these young children are taught a story, they begin to believe it and the story sticks in their head.

^^

you are correct about timing.

there was no criminal complaint / investigation but the custody court did have an investigation. Dylan's story changed - that he touched her at her shoulders, at her private parts, not at her private parts, at her private parts. A doctor did an examination and said there was no physical evidence. At the end family court / custody court decided it was inconclusive. Some doctors also believed that either her mother coached her or that she heard her family discussing how her father was inappropriate with her sister Soon-Yi and imagined / believed he was inappropriate with her too.

It's apparent that the Farrow's believe it to be true. and there are stuff that Woody did / said that's not quite moral or appropriate. So who knows really.

It looks like another case of false memories implantation. Who really knows, there wasn't a crimininal trial. It's her word against Allen's. I was aware Soon-Yi is Mia Farrow's daughter and Woody Allen married her but if it wasn't for this article I wouldn't know.

Anyhow, it's ridiculous and stupid comparing this case with Michael. Two grand juries found no reason to proceed with a criminal trial in 1993, that scumbag Evan Chandler wanted money even before notifying the police about the "abuse". And in 2005 the jury found out the Arvizos were a bunch of con liars.

Luckily for Woody, It seems the masses have moved on to the latest "entertainment" story ;Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose.

The cause of death is overdose, so
don't expect the commenters to give MJ a break,

Luckily for Woody, It seems the masses have moved on to the latest "entertainment" story ;Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose.

The cause of death is overdose, so
don't expect the commenters to give MJ a break,

I was at work when that sad news broke and you may be right, unfortunately. Like others have posted, "people are LAZY" and bringing Michael into the conversation as a comparison (instead of actually educating themselves with the FACTS) just shows how trifling they are.

It's true that I was creeped out by Woody and Mia's daughter, but robbing the cradle doesn't make one a child molester, especially when the hook up is between consenting ADULTS.

The sad truth is Dylan was either a victim of her father or a victim of manipulation by her mother. Either way it has nothing to do with Michael Jackson!

It bothers me still that he can't get a break from the lies and innuendo, but I have to accept that he may never get a break, even in death.

I remember one of my friends was a supervisor at child services and this case came up. I was told the New York child services agency did investigate Allen and the family. A supervisor was sent to do the interviews. I was told from a supervisor that the story was not true about the abuse. These people are used to questioning children.

I understood it was the connecticut authorities who handled the case as the abuse took place at farrow's country house. Just to redress the balance on here the judge in the custody case didn't accept the child experts' view that no abuse had taken place.

Justice Wilk, however, questioned the manner in which the Yale-New Haven team carried out its investigation of the allegations, as well as conclusions by two psychotherapists who treated Dylan that she had not been abused. "I am less certain, however, than is the Yale-New Haven team, that the evidence proves conclusively that there was no sexual abuse," Justice Wilk wrote.

The justice said he believed the conclusions of the psychotherapists had been "colored by their loyalty to Mr. Allen." He added that the unwillingness of members of the Yale-New Haven team to testify at the trial, except through a deposition by the team leader, and the destruction of the team's notes had "compromised my ability to scrutinize their findings and resulted in a report which was sanitized and, therefore, less credible."
http://www.nytimes.com/books/97/02/23/reviews/farrow-verdict.html

I wasn't sure where to put this, since it doesn't contain anything Mike-related, but the RESPONSE of readers to her account of molestation by Woody Allen (her adopted father)unfairly compares Michael to the famed director. The often-repeated phrase I've been seeing on Facebook, Yahoo!, NYT's site, etc. is "he got away with it just like Michael Jackson". Never mind the FACT that Mike was investigated, charged, tried and found NOT GUILTY while Mr. Allen's case had probably cause for criminal charges, yet it wasn't pursued. *Sigh*
I'm with you, I can't believe that mj's experience is being compared to woody allens. I only read about this allen allegation yesterday. I had vague memories of the scandal over the allen/farrow divorce and him marrying mia's daughter, but i hadn't heard about this allegation by dylan. When jordan made his allegation against mj a year later you had mj's homes immediately raided, the authorities in la and sb interviewing every single child mj had contact with, jordan's abuse file leaked to the media, mj being stip searched, the tab media in full witch hunt mode declaring mj guilty and offering huge amounts of money to anyone who wd support the view mjwas a child molester. Yet you had proof that this allegation began with a blackmail campaign by the father. With woody, he seems to have had an extremely slick pr campaign which has successfully portrayed this allegation as a vindictive strike in a custody battle. The media were given the videotape of dylan's accusations but they refused to run it. Her allegation certainly hasn't been trotted out by the media for the past 20 yrs like they've done with every allegation against mj. It's a joke, Mj never got away with anything, he had every justice auth in calif and every single media organisation in the world digging around trying to nail him, never giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Michael has nothing to do with this. I don't know if this is true or not but Woody Allen never got the treatment that Michael did. Michael went to court and was proven innocent. Michael had to deal with people vilifying him and treating him like he was guilty for years. People are just ignorant and like to drag Michael into things that are not the same at all. Michael's life was degraded and ripped apart while Woody Allen seems protected and has his privacy. People think Michael got off easy which is a real joke. He suffered and continues to suffer.

I spent quite a bit of my time last night looking at the comments being made re this situation - The Hollywood Reporter, CNN and Huffington Post - and I have to say I only saw one mention of Michael.

But in reading how people have responded to Farrow's letter, I realise that some humans can be very sad, lonely and delusional and I need not fret myself with them (as it relates to Michael). I will deal with the people who are willing to use common sense and to listen to the facts, before passing judgements.

I understood it was the connecticut authorities who handled the case as the abuse took place at farrow's country house.

As I said above, I know for a fact that the New York child protective services did investigate the children. I spoke to one of my friends who was a supervisor and as I said above did also hear with my 2 ears from one of the supervisors who did the interview. That does not mean that Connecticut did not do their own investigation. I never studied the case in depth.

^^Psychotherapists reports and child service reporters reports are not the same.

Last edited:
To explain why Michael was (and is) raked over the coals and Woody Allen was/is not, I'll just place this worn out Hollywood politics race/religion card on the table and leave it at that.

As to that whole Farrow-Allen situation, I have always been suspicious of not only the allegation, but the timing and the circumstances. Dylan believes she was assaulted by her father, whether or not she was is a slippery slope. I personally want it to be untrue--not because I am a Woody Allen fan--but because I don't want this young woman to continue to suffer under a lie. Ronan only believes it because that is what he has been told happened to Dylan all his life given the fact that he was about--what--four or five when it all happened. We can only speculate of course how much of that Mia had her hand in. And speculate I will because given Dylan--at the time--was confused and often changed her story around (not faulting her for this, she was seven) I have a hard time believing she--at that age--would talk to Ronan--at his age--about this enough to have him so committed. Genius IQ be damned.

Mia didn't let this betrayal of her daughter and her boyfriend go and took her children for the ride. Stone cold fact. (Remember the package she sent Woody? A photograph of her and all the children with sticks in all their hearts, claiming this is what Woody did to all of them.) Ronan is so deep in, he even blames his father for his sister Lark's death. Lark had AIDS.

That Daily Beast Article by the filmmaker sums up EVERYTHING that I have observed and have been saying all along. There isn't a single thing I disagree with.

What I didn't know was that Mia and Woody's other child together--Moses--has been estranged from his mother and just recently reestablished a relationship with his father and sister. That surprised me because I always wondered what happened with Moses. He apparently has been using words like "Seen the light" and "brainwashed."

I don't want to shiz on Mia. I adore her and admire her humanitarianism. But she just plum LOST her good senses over this mess. Sure what Woody and Soon Yi did was messed up, but he is STILL Moses, Dylan, and Ronan's father. Yes Ronan too. I ain't buying that Frank Sinatra mess. I think the whole Genius inclination is hereditary. Woody, yes. Frank--although streetsmart--no. And P.S. Mia bumping uglies with Frank while she was with Woody. Hypocrite much? No wonder she sent Soon Yi off to spend time with Woody. To occupy his time while she got all Wicked Witchcraft with Frank, who was married by the way. Talk about backfire!

Ugh, let me get out of this thread and these people's business. Bless them Lord, Bless them all.

Woody Allen's team responds.

Woody Allen's lawyer blames 'vengeful lover' for child molestation controversy

By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 10:38 AM EST, Tue February 4, 2014

Your video will play in 2 secs

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Dylan Farrow accuses Woody Allen of sexually abusing her when she was 7
  • "The one to blame for Dylan's distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen," his lawyer says
  • The controversy began in 1992 amid revelations that Allen was dating Soon-Yi Previn
  • A criminal investigation ended with no charges against Woody Allen

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Renewed accusations that Woody Allen molested an adopted daughter two decades ago were "engineered by a vengeful lover," the filmmaker's lawyer told CNN on Monday.
The allegations were "fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities," Allen attorney Elkan Abramowitz said in a written statement.
The controversy dates back to 1992 after the revelation that Allen, then 56, was having an affair with Soon-Yi Previn, Mia Farrow's 19-year-old adopted daughter with composer Andre Previn. Allen and Previn married five years later.
Allen's legal and public relations teams scrambled to respond to an open letter written by Dylan Farrow and published by The New York Times on Saturday recounting her allegation that Allen sexually assaulted her when she was a child.
140203114828-restricted-01-allen-farrow-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Woody Allen, Mia Farrow family tree

130524195919-19-woody-allen-gallery-0524-story-body.jpg
Fmr. teen girlfriend defends Woody Allen
"What's your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house," Farrow wrote. "He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother's electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me."
When Mia Farrow's 12-year relationship with Allen ended two decades ago, the actress accused him of molesting Dylan, one of two children she had adopted with Allen. The charge triggered a child custody battle, with Allen going to court to get both adopted children and Satchel, their biological son, who now goes by Ronan Farrow. But a police investigation of the allegations ended without charges against Allen.
"A team of investigators from Yale-New Haven Hospital that was retained by the Connecticut State Police subsequently concluded Dylan had not been abused," according to an account in the Times, which covered the custody proceedings.
Acting Justice Elliott Wilk of New York's State Supreme Court "said it was unlikely that Mr. Allen could be prosecuted for sexual abuse based on the evidence," the newspaper reported. "But while a team of experts concluded that Dylan was not abused, the judge said he found the evidence inconclusive."
A former prosecutor who decided against pressing charges in the case declined to comment on the details in Dylan Farrow's letter Sunday.
"As a prosecutor I really can't comment on the substance of the statement of this now young woman. As a father of a child not too much older than this young woman, I can only say I hope she finds some peace and solace in the way she's expressing herself," former Connecticut State's Attorney Frank Maco said. "I hope she had access to my written statement of decision. My statement is as valid today as it was 20 years ago."
In 1993, Maco -- who's since retired -- told reporters he believed there was probable cause to arrest Allen. But he said he decided not to press charges, with Mia Farrow's support, "rather than exposing the child to possible harm."
Allen's team responds
Allen's lawyer responded in a statement e-mailed to CNN on Monday: "It is tragic that after 20 years a story engineered by a vengeful lover resurfaces even though it was fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities. The one to blame for Dylan's distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen."
Allen denies Farrow's allegation
Allen representative Leslee Dart said in a prepared statement Sunday that Allen "read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful." He would respond "very soon," Dart said.
"At the time, a thorough investigation was conducted by court appointed independent experts," Dart said. "The experts concluded there was no credible evidence of molestation; that Dylan Farrow had an inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality; and that Dylan Farrow had likely been coached by her mother Mia Farrow. No charges were ever filed."
Dylan Farrow's letter addressed this: "Woody Allen was never convicted of any crime. That he got away with what he did to me haunted me as I grew up," she wrote. "I was stricken with guilt that I had allowed him to be near other little girls. I was terrified of being touched by men. I developed an eating disorder. I began cutting myself."
Her letter and Twitter postings by Ronan Farrow attacking his estranged father come as the 78-year-old director and his latest film -- "Blue Jasmine" -- are up for honors during Hollywood's annual award season.
When the Hollywood Foreign Press Association gave Allen a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes last month, his son tweeted: "Missed the Woody Allen tribute -- did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?"
Dylan Farrow's letter appeared in Times columnist Nicholas Kristof's blog just hours before the Writers Guild Awards ceremony, for which Allen had been nominated for best screenplay for "Blue Jasmie." He did not win.
Academy voters begin casting Oscar ballots on February 14. Allen and his cast are up for three Academy Awards, including best original screenplay for Allen, best actress for Cate Blanchett and best supporting actress for Sally Hawkins.
Dylan Farrow admonished actors by name for "turning a blind eye" and for continuing to work with Allen. CNN reached out to the stars that Dylan Farrow challenged by name in her letter but has not yet received responses.
In a series of Twitter posts Sunday, actor Alec Baldwin, who starred in "Blue Jasmine," fired back at people asking him to respond to the allegations. "You are mistaken if you think there is a place for me, or any outsider, in this family's issue," he wrote.
In another post, he slammed someone who asked whether he owed Dylan Farrow an apology: "What the f&@% is wrong w u that u think we all need to b commenting on this family's personal struggle?"
Ronan Farrow's tweet puts Allen in harsh spotlight -- again
CNN's Chelsea J. Carter, Ralph Ellis, Carolyn Sung, Todd Leopold, Sarah Edwards, Michelle Hall, Nischelle Turner and Catherine E. Shoichet contributed to this report.

GAH! It makes me f#%^ing sick that dragging Michael into these news relating to m**********s, they're so blind and deaf that they never handle the truth while feeding people such nasty poison and that Dylan Farrow is nothing but a delusional, sick and a cold hearted b!^%#!

So did she write this letter in response to Woody's movie being nominated for an award. I was wondering why this story popped up back in the news. Her statements are the usual ones you hear--blaming myself for allowing him to be around other girls/boys/children. The thing is a lot of the Farrow children had problems. I don't know if it was because they did not have good socialization/supervision or if they lacked a stable parent authority, because in the 90s 2 little ones were caught shoplifting. I felt at the time that the children lacked something, and their behavior was a cry for help.

So did she write this letter in response to Woody's movie being nominated for an award. I was wondering why this story popped up back in the news. Her statements are the usual ones you hear--blaming myself for allowing him to be around other girls/boys/children. The thing is a lot of the Farrow children had problems. I don't know if it was because they did not have good socialization/supervision or if they lacked a stable parent authority, because in the 90s 2 little ones were caught shoplifting. I felt at the time that the children lacked something, and their behavior was a cry for help.

I don't think it was just the award. Months ago the Farrows were back in the news with Mia claiming Frank Sinatra might be the father of Ronan. Then on father's day Ronan wrote something also on his father being his brother in law or something. Ronan is going to start his own TV show soon with NBC, so no , they have been in the news for awhile now although they are claiming it was triggered by the award.:smilerolleyes:

Tonight on CNN Woody Allen's lawyer said Mia's estranged son Moses is giving an interview to people magazine.

I'm wondering if in Mia Farrow's camp, the comparison thing with Michael, is about stigma (a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person.).

Mia Farrow may end up with a stigma, though. I'm beginning to think she is vindictive. That and she likes to be in the headlines, to be still relevant. Vidal Sassoon and Mia Farrow made world wide headlines when Vidal gave Mia her famous haircut, on set, in the Roman Polanski's "Rosemary's Baby," back in the late 1960's.

Mia_Rosemarys_Baby_Farrow_Haircut_1crop.jpg

He shocked the world when he chopped off actress Mia Farrow's hair in 1967 for the movie Rosemary's Baby and gave her the pixie still worn by many actresses today such as Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, Carey Mulligan, Gennifer Goodwin, Alyssa Milano and Victoria Beckham

Soundmind how come she does not know who her son's father is? With all these Farrows coming out in the media/, something negative will come out about Mia which might make more people question her claims about Woody.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...oses-mia-farrow-woody-allen/story?id=22377303

[h=1]Dylan Farrow's Brother Moses Says Mia Farrow, Not Woody Allen Was Abusive[/h]Feb. 5, 2014
By MICHAEL ROTHMANMICHAEL ROTHMANMore From Michael »
Entertainment Reporter

<fb:follow href="https://www.facebook.com/michael.rothman" show_faces="false" font="arial" width="340" class=" fb_iframe_widget" fb-xfbml-state="rendered" fb-iframe-plugin-query="app_id=fa71b3ce3ced40d47a4850f185b245d9&font=arial&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmichael.rothman&locale=en_US&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=340" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; display: inline-block; position: relative;"><iframe name="f2929b77d4" width="340px" height="1000px" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" title="fb:follow Facebook Social Plugin" src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/follow.php?app_id=fa71b3ce3ced40d47a4850f185b245d9&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.ak.facebook.com%2Fconnect%2Fxd_arbiter.php%3Fversion%3D29%23cb%3Dfb2872804%26domain%3Dabcnews.go.com%26origin%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabcnews.go.com%252Ff3b89322fc%26relation%3Dparent.parent&font=arial&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmichael.rothman&locale=en_US&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=340" class="" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; position: absolute; border-style: none; visibility: visible; width: 340px; height: 28px;"></iframe></fb:follow>
<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1390956745.html#_=1391643786901&id=twitter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=TheRealRothman&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 60px; height: 20px;"></iframe>

MICHAEL ROTHMANMore From Michael »
Entertainment Reporter

<iframe id="twitter-widget-2" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1390956745.html#_=1391643786901&id=twitter-widget-2&lang=en&screen_name=TheRealRothman&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; width: 60px; height: 20px;"></iframe>

via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

I find it mind boggling how the public calls out Allen for marrying the adopted daughter of his ex girlfriend .Their argument revolves around him being a father figure to her even though she was not adopted by him nor he shared the same household with her or her mom. However, when it comes to MJ the same people keep posting how they know for sure his kids are not his biologically therefore they should not be called his and have to be returned to their biological families. Hypocrisy at its worst.

Did not know hideous Maureen Orth authored the Woody Allen hit pieces in 1992 and 2013 for vanity ugly. When is this woman going to get her comeuppance.? Is Geraldo Rivera the only one not scared to take her on.?

The NY Times is giving Woody Allen the opportunity to respond to the one sided accusation posted by Mia Farrow close friend, columnist Nick Kristof. Still dissappointed at the NY Times poor decision to publish Mia Farrow never ending vendetta.

Back