Behind the Scenes: Michael Jackson v. AEG Live ???

qbee

Proud Member
First Kats attorney with there discussion showing TII (which was shot down by the Estate) and now this from AEg Attorneys. Seems odd that Marvin Putnam and Georgetown University doesn't even know they are discussing the katherine Jackson vs AEG Live case. Michael did't sue AEG. ?? They are misrepresenting Michael Jackson by stating that he did. A legal firm and university should know better. There is no such case called Michael Jackson vs AEG. ?? and Yes it does Matter .. IMO

Behind the Scenes: Michael Jackson v. AEG Live
http://www.law.georgetown.edu/alumn...dc-student-alumni-reception-february-2014.cfm

Behind the Scenes: Michael Jackson v. AEG Live

Monday, February 24, 2014
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Eric E. Hotung International Law Building
Faculty Dining Room -- 2nd Floor
Georgetown University Law Center
550 First Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001

Join fellow alumni and current students for a reception with Marvin Putnam (L'93), as he discusses the recent nationally televised wrongful death trial of Michael Jackson v. AEG Live. Mr. Putnam, lead counsel for AEG Live, will give you a behind-the-scenes look at both the six month trial and the King of Pop.

This event is presented as part of the SBA Alumni Speaker Series and is co-hosted by SBA, GEMALaw and the Office of Alumni Affairs.

RSVP BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21

If you have any questions about the event, please contact Patrick Sanders, Associate Director of Alumni Affairs, atpcs40@law.georgetown.edu.​

The website and information has also been forwarded to the MJ estate as well
Dear Mr Sanders
pcs40@law.georgetown.edu

In regards to the event "Behind the Scenes: Michael Jackson v. AEG Live" There is not any such case on the books. The case is "Katherine Jackson vs AEg Live." Michael Jackson is not here to sue AEG Live and The Michael Jackson estate who represents him didn't sue AEG live. I feel you are misrepresenting Michael Jackson and his Estate by Promoting it in this manner. Can you Please correct it to "Katherine Jackson vs AEG Live". I appreciate whatever you can do to correct this error. The Michael Jackson Estate has been contacted as well.

Sincerely

^^Okay so this is another one we have to do something about just like the one Panish wanted to do with TII. Here Putnam is using Michael to draw a crowd. Of course he might say the whole case was about what Michael did and did not do. I am really sick of all the attorneys in both cases. They seem such unethical people and will do anything to make a buck or gain some immortality.

Maybe we should alert the estate about the use of the name, or should we simply call the University for them to write that title more accurately?

Nationally televised? Lol, it seems whoever wrote that got it all wrong.

I think Katherine's attorneys wanted to play TII movie for which they need to pay fees to Sony Pictures. This seems to be a talk only which is okay.

Maybe we should alert the estate about the use of the name, or should we simply call the University for them to write that title more accurately?
If you look above I did email the contact for the University and I also forwarded the info to the Estate

I think Katherine's attorneys wanted to play TII movie for which they need to pay fees to Sony Pictures. This seems to be a talk only which is okay.
Yes The talk/discussion is OK - I have no problem with that. I was saying that presenting it as Michael Jackson vs AEG trial was not OK. That is like saying MJ or his Estate sued AEG which they did not. It's a misrepresentation. They have since amended the website and remove the MJ vs AEG reference. In fact they removed any reference at all to Michael Jackson or the case period

SBA Alumni Speaker Series: Marvin Putnam (L'93)

SBA Alumni Speaker Series: Marvin Putnam (L'93)

Monday, February 24, 2014
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Eric E. Hotung International Law Building
Faculty Dining Room -- 2nd Floor
Georgetown University Law Center
550 First Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001

Join fellow alumni and current students for a reception with Marvin Putnam (L'93), as he discusses his successful career as a litigator.

This event is presented as part of the SBA Alumni Speaker Series and is co-hosted by SBA, GEMALaw and the Office of Alumni Affairs.

RSVP BY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21

If you have any questions about the event, please contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at alumnlaw (at) law (dot) georgetown (dot) edu.​

Sorry Qbee I missed the part about it being sent to the estate already. I agree with you that a talk is all fine but let's list this event in the appropriate way.

Ivy He could have done a Q & A with us about the "behind the scenes" too. I guess his alumni is paying him for the night's event and the law students will find this quite interesting.

I'm glad to see university removed all the reference of Michael from their website.
I'm fed up people saying, MJ vs AEG when he wasn't participating party.

Okay i am glad that is clear up. I wish everythings else was as easy as this was oh well wishful thinking.

I'm pleased they have removed the reference to Michael. Well done to qbee for her vigilance and efforts to alert the uni to this error.

Back